Street Crimes Unit
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Street Crimes Unit

What do you guys thing of the new Street Crimes Unit? I am not looking for any bashing, just honest opinions. the supervisor aside, I think there are some good guys in there, some who I know (AD, JJ, Arod) they are X-8. They seem to be pretty busy and doing a good job at keeping our dopers off the street. With the times the way they are, we need a aggressive, pro-active tac / street crimes unit to deal with the douche bags and dopers etc. and hopefully the administration sees this and supports them. If we work together with them and other specialty units (narcotics, etc) I think they/we can do some good things and keep the dopers in jail. Everyone knows that most of our thefts, burglaries, drive-byes etc all come back to dope some way or another. Just my .02 cents. Stay safe and always go home at the end of your shift.

Re: Street Crimes Unit

I think they are doing a pretty good job from what I hear. Hopefully there are more good things to come from them. Charlotte County needs a active Street Crimes Unit.

They seem to be doing a great job in midcounty. Someone should let them know where Englewood is and advise that we have a number of dopers here that need their special kind of attention.

Also heard MW is doing a good job!

Great try MW. Quit posting about yourself. I heard there have been many complaints called in already.

I would like to know how and who picked MW's team. I know that I would love a cushy job that only works when they want and have a 3 to 4 day weekend every week. Does crime only happens Tuesday - Friday? I'm sure if others of us had nothing else to do but look for dopers on the road we would be getting alot more arrests too. But we're to tied up with my kids wont go to bed calls can you have a deputy come and make him go to sleep, that we don't have the time to deal with the real criminals. I think Street Crimes would be a good Unit if it was managed better and had a more experienced supervisor.

Quote Originally Posted by 12345
    I would like to know how and who picked MW's team. I know that I would love a cushy job that only works when they want and have a 3 to 4 day weekend every week. Does crime only happens Tuesday - Friday? I'm sure if others of us had nothing else to do but look for dopers on the road we would be getting alot more arrests too. But we're to tied up with my kids wont go to bed calls can you have a deputy come and make him go to sleep, that we don't have the time to deal with the real criminals. I think Street Crimes would be a good Unit if it was managed better and had a more experienced supervisor.
    Um, I think that is the point of the unit Einstien, free them up so they can chase bad guys instead of chasing calls. And I believe the Sheriff selected the unit. So complain to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Duh
    Um, I think that is the point of the unit Einstien, free them up so they can chase bad guys instead of chasing calls. And I believe the Sheriff selected the unit. So complain to him.
    Good point "Duh". They are a Specialty Unit and they are doing exactly what the unit was created to do. You are also right, The sheriff hand picked the members for the unit and I think he made good choices. As far as the comment about a cushy job is concerned..............I don't think having your schedule constantly change is a "cushy" job. I know I have heard them out during the week and the weekend as well as various times of the day and night so your comment about their schedule is incorrect. It is far from "cushy". What about the Narcotics Unit that normally does not work at night. Does that mean dope stops at 5 o'clock? No. Does that make Narcotics a "cushy" job? NO. They do occasionly work nights and adjust their schedule accordingly depending on what they are doing, just like every other unit, i.e., Traffic, K-9,Street Crimes, Marine, CID etc.

if you look at the new organization chart it shows SCU under narcs. i guess some of the higher ups think the need more direction.

Well, everyone here knows that SC supervisor needs some supervision. I just hope those guys under him know where that line is. Because MW dont.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast