How would you have handled this situation? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How would you have handled this situation?

No common sense. He did not blow the lights, he treated them light stop signs. He did not stop cuz he figure the PO would see him pulling into the ER and figure it out. At least he stayed at the vehicle. I would have ran in and dealt with the consequenses later.

It's MORONS like that PO that give us all a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Forgive me for taking the side of a Police Officer first. It's very easy to second-guess a cop but what did the guy know at that moment? He knew some guy was running red lights and trying to get away from him. You must be brand new and never written a ticket before. If you had, then maybe you would have heard an excuse or two in your career. I've heard that one before myself. The point is that you can't put all the blame on the cop without acknowledging that the driver COULD have stopped and exlpained it, not just ignored lights and sirens. But I guess if someone runs a red light in front of you and then puts their hazzard lights on, then that means it's OK and you just let them go right? So yes, I will always take the side of the officer FIRST because the media and you won't. He was doing what anyone else would do. Just think of what you would do when someone flees from you...oh wait, that would require that you actually try to stop someone, nevermind.
    Oh now the story has grown that he has "ignored the officer"then put his hazzard lights on.. the last video I saw he was trying to explain to this officer why he had his flashers on and why he speeding...I'll bet your just the type of officer who stall a poor bast**d with his pregnant wife in the back bleeding to death.. yea your the man alright..

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    No common sense. He did not blow the lights, he treated them light stop signs. He did not stop cuz he figure the PO would see him pulling into the ER and figure it out. At least he stayed at the vehicle. I would have ran in and dealt with the consequenses later.

It's MORONS like that PO that give us all a bad name.
    NOT STOPPING WHEN AN OFFICER LIGHTS YOU UP IS CALLED FLEEING. That is a crime. He refused to stop for many blocks prior to pulling into the ER. So you are saying the PO is supposed to be reading his mind, while this IDIOT is endangering the lives of every commuter he comes accross? And then once he does pull into the ER, you are saying that the PO should just accept his excuse without detention/verification? (If you accept, as fact, everything people who just broke the law in your face, tell you, then you are extremely NAIVE. You belong at Walmart as a Customer Service Rep. (not as a PO).

The PO screwed up and compounded the issue by letting his ego get in the way.

I'm all for backing a cop but this guy's an ass. Yes we do have guys here with tunnel vision too. And yes I can name a few guys who would have done the same and still think they did nothing wrong. Serve and protect ladies and gentlemen. By the way rookies, it's OK to criticise a fellow officer. We all act like we care so much until the guy really screws up then we drop them like a hot potato and badmouth them every chance we get. If you want an example of this look at Sgt. JB's case.

In this case you will never make a silk purse out of a Rat's back...even Dallas PD knows it...

What this officer did was embarrass the uniform and the job and did untold damage in the relations between the public and LEO

You can tit for tat all day long ..this was a bad call and no amount of dancing will make it right..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12