The Latest Pension Meeting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Latest Pension Meeting

mms://stream.miamibeachfl.gov/tv20%2...w_20090325.asf

What a great speaker we have with that Bello kid.

Also notice that fire retires 14,000 dollars more than us. Thank you FOP for fighting for the "me too".

If this does not prove to you that we need to go with the PBA, I don't know what else will.

Re: The Latest Pension Meeting

Oh my God! We're in TROUBLE!
    I just watched this video of the Commission meeting concerning OUR PENSION FUTURE.
    How in the heck did we elect this lightweight to represent us?
    The expressions on Sam Bejar and Adonis while this feather was speaking say it all.
    Sam should have shoved him away from the podium and taken over.

I urge all FOP members to watch this video in it's entirety. (I know it's three hours long, just let it stream on your computer while your paying the bills or something.)

You would think with all the rumors/questions concerning our pension that our own President would be directing people to this video or better yet for all of us to attend. Maybe he has been spending too much time at Harrison's looking at himself in the mirror with his sergeant stripes that he knows are not his.

How sad.

Did anybody pick up on the fact that a police officer makes 12000 dollars LESS a year than a firefighter after 25 years of service? It's at the beginning of the meeting in black and white on their power point presentation.

Good thing that we listened to the EB and BJ when they told us that this is the best contract we would get. The Fire Department followed logic and not politics and got there guys/gals 12K more a year. Good for them.

The FOP has become nothing but a tool for the Administration to as they please. Just take care of the PREZ and "we own them".

In response to the last post, I did a little bit of research and the truth is that the discrepancy in pay as you very well don't know is due to the contract that was negotiated when the Take home cars were instituted. Because we recieved the benefit of the take home car, (beacuse that's what the mebership wanted at the time) the fire department off set that benefit with certfication percentages which now became pensionable. Just so you know, I have been here lest then 6 years but i decided to educate myself and ask around how it was that the difference in pay was created. I guess we could give up the cars and ask for a percentage instead which would then be pensionable. Those percentage differnces then are compunded over time which will only get greater and greater. I am sure when it was instituted it was not 12,000.00 but over time, all that money adds up. I guess if you take the money you save by having a take home car and putting into an investment fund you could make out as good if not better then the fire department.

Dude. Pay me 12 grand a year more and tell me where I can turn in my take home. For 1000 dollars a month I can buy a nice ride and will keep the 1000 a month more for the rest of my retired life.

How do we get the ball rolling for the PBA to take over as our bargaining unit?
    What an embarrassment!!

It's rolling as we speak. We need to get er done by September.
    PBA

Can U imagine the curve ball that we would throw City Hall if we had the PBA negotiating for us in September? No back door deals and no more BS.

PBA

JB cant even express himself at roll call, so you can be sure he completely soils himself when dealing with the city commission. All he is concerned with his stripes and keeping CN happy. He will sell us out the moment it is necessary for him. All of us must become knowledgeable about our pension and not let the city take adavantage of this economic situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast