juvi checks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: juvi checks

Re: juvi checks

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Not, unless you can show he returned home its the same single violation. Based on your logic if someone escaped from prison, they could be charged with another count of escape everytime the guard conducted head count until he was caught.
    Someone needs to tell that to a certain captain who wants a separate pickup placed every time a juvie check is done and he isn't home. He is under the belief that the SAO can just sort it out, not considering how much time it takes for us to originate a report and place a pickup for something that won't even be filed.

Not, unless you can show he returned home its the same single violation. Based on your logic if someone escaped from prison, they could be charged with another count of escape everytime the guard conducted head count until he was caught.
    Someone needs to tell that to a certain captain who wants a separate pickup placed every time a juvie check is done and he isn't home. He is under the belief that the SAO can just sort it out, not considering how much time it takes for us to originate a report and place a pickup for something that won't even be filed.
    When these juv. checks started, we were told time and time again (they even handed out cheat sheets), to only place 1 pick up. The End!

Maybe SAC Squads shoud be doing the checks. Any kids that have dope charges, QUAD should do those.

Especially dayshift SAC Squads. How much crime is happening at 7 o'clock anyway??? or 8, or 9, or 10 in the morning,,? What a freaking joke.

Let patrol officers take care of answering calls. All too often,those who impose these duties on patrol, were never much of a patrol officer themself. That is, they always seemed to dodge taking calls. It's all about flexing their muscle. They just haven't realized they were put in their position of authority for reasons other than their job performance. Sorry, but it is the truth.

Let patrol officers take care of answering calls. All too often,those who impose these duties on patrol, were never much of a patrol officer themself. That is, they always seemed to dodge taking calls. It's all about flexing their muscle. They just haven't realized they were put in their position of authority for reasons other than their job performance. Sorry, but it is the truth.
    Too true!

[quote:9hqbkn9s]Maybe SAC Squads shoud be doing the checks. Any kids that have dope charges, QUAD should do those.

Especially dayshift SAC Squads. How much crime is happening at 7 o'clock anyway??? or 8, or 9, or 10 in the morning,,? What a freaking joke.

[/quote:9hqbkn9s]

Being most juveniles are not suppose to be home during the day, but in school. SROs should confirm they are in school and if they are not notify the districts to conduct a check.
    Although crime may be lower in the morning, dayshift SAC also spends that time working on arresting people for locals, warrants or other offenders wanted by DLIS Detectives. On top of that they have to search for truants walking around in addition to saturating the active crime areas and making QOL arrest.
    I would think all your experience as a patrol officer would tell you most residential burglaries happen between 0700-1000 hours. So get a clue because you sound like a freaking joke!
    As far as patrol is concerned, the average officer knocks out 1 report a day. I'm sure you’re not to over worked so spare us the critique of other units.

As far as patrol is concerned, the average officer knocks out 1 report a day. I'm sure you’re not to over worked so spare us the critique of other units.

One report a day?? What district do you work in?

Quote Originally Posted by D2-FTO

One report a day?? What district do you work in?
    Promote this guy to detective!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmm.. Lets see... D2-FTO. I'm going to say..................... D2.

Being most juveniles are not suppose to be home during the day, but in school. SROs should confirm they are in school and if they are not notify the districts to conduct a check.
    Although crime may be lower in the morning, dayshift SAC also spends that time working on arresting people for locals, warrants or other offenders wanted by DLIS Detectives. On top of that they have to search for truants walking around in addition to saturating the active crime areas and making QOL arrest.
    I would think all your experience as a patrol officer would tell you most residential burglaries happen between 0700-1000 hours. So get a clue because you sound like a freaking joke!
    Since you are trying your best to justify your exhistance, I'm gonna play along.

First of all. How many truents are there between 0700-1000 hanging out in the lobby of a hotel (somewhere west of the river)??? I keep wondering myself because there always seems to be officers there stuffing their face every morning, with their free meal badge hanging around their neck.

Second. Warrants/pick-ups. Take a look at how many arrests are really made, department wide, between 0700-1000. I have. You will be hard pressed to find a dayshift SAC officer making arrests during that time. Good Luck in looking.

Third. If you had any SAC experience at all, maybe you would realize what you are doing is the furthest from SAC work. What you do on a day to day bases can be done in a full uniform and in a marked unit. When you employ the tactic of walking right up to the perps door and knocking on it to arrest him, or at the very least let everyone know he is wanted, I don't think it matters if you just have a vest on. THEY KNOW YOU ARE THE POLICE! I know it is a shocker but, really...

Fourth. Not many crimes in those hot areas happen between 0700-1000. Don't need stats because when you work in public housing during dayshift, you will soon realize the criminals who work at 0300, are fast asleep in the morning. They usually get up around noon, in case you were wondering.

I guess that leaves QOL arrests. Ya, I guess you can go wake a homeless person up and put him in jail for open container, just as soon as you finish stuffing your face at the breakfast buffett.

Good Luck you young and dum rookie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12