3:10 To Yuma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3:10 To Yuma

3:10 To Yuma

Any thoughts on what is in store for ABT now?

Re: 3:10 To Yuma

My take is this:

1 - Tooly doesn't go to Tampa
    -JH transfers to Tampa
    -PT goes to Palm Beach

2 - Chief is named Director

3 - DD is made Chief

4 - CO will be left as the only Major

5 - ????????????????????

The statement contained below will help explain what is about to happen in ABT -

The Peter Principle is the principle that "In a Hierarchy Every Employee Tends to Rise to His Level of Incompetence." While formulated by Dr. Laurence J. Peter and Raymond Hull in their 1968 book The Peter Principle, a humorous treatise which also introduced the "salutary science of Hierarchiology", "inadvertently founded" by Peter, the principle has real validity. It holds that in a hierarchy, members are promoted so long as they work competently. Sooner or later they are promoted to a position at which they are no longer competent (their "level of incompetence"), and there they remain. Peter's Corollary states that "in time, every post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent to carry out his duties" and adds that "work is accomplished by those employees who have not yet reached their level of incompetence".

I hear that the Director's job has already been offered to Staab, and that DeCoursey has been contacted about the Chief's job. Owsiany's getting nervous...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I hear that the Director's job has already been offered to Staab, and that DeCoursey has been contacted about the Chief's job. Owsiany's getting nervous...

That's funny, I have heard calls have already gone out to ROberts...

All I can say to you younger Agents is....Get As Far Away From This Place And Any Other State Law Enforcement Agency As Fas As You Can! If you have prior law enforcement experience...head back to your old agency. If you don't have prior experience...the locals will still hire you. Good Luck Friends.....Godspeed

That's funny, I have heard calls have already gone out to ROberts...
    I have calculated the exact mathmatical odds of Roberts staying on in any capacity after June 30, 2009. The odds are calculated as 0.0. Zero point zero.

If you see her taking a qualude then she's nervous. If that's the case then try to make her feel better by telling her it looks like her ass has lost 25 lbs. :snicker:

You know you all wanna lick her A$$!

While I realize this is wishful thinking, I am very hopeful that whoever it is making the decision on a new chief will -
    Realize the chief must be a person with knowledge of what we do. General law enforcement experience is not enough. The new chief should be a peacemaker, non-controversal in approach, able to buid a consensus, understands where we have been as an agency, knows where we should go as an agency.
    No more "outside talent" to work their magic, then leave this place in worse shape than they found it. We need someone with a vested interest in us and this agency.
    A guy can dream, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast