Specialized units at SPPD - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Specialized units at SPPD

I cant listen to this no more!

you people are trying to justifi your postitions with more dance mooves than michael jackson.

At least have the nerve to say it?

What you really dont like is that 2 minorities got ahead of you in your little whitebread minds. Your fake attemts at hiding your real feelings are so easy to see thru.

get used to the new way, it's gonna keep on!

god bless you.

What you really dont like is that 2 minorities got ahead of you in your little whitebread minds. Your fake attemts at hiding your real feelings are so easy to see thru.

Actually, no. We are mad because two undeserving probationary officers got the positions over officers who are qualified for the positions. There are several black and hispanic officers who are qualified and off of probation. Stop trying to turn this into a race war. Hopefully you are a man of your word:

I cant listen to this no more!

When does rabbit season open?

"Whitebread" is a term to describe large scale conformity, or a generally bland and unwavering personality. Your apparent racial allusion is inapplicable. Please use the term "cracker" or "whitey" if you wish to utilize polarizing terms.

I swear to god if Bunny is an officer I will shoot myself.

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7

Interesting how everyone deserves everything good that happens to them. Find a dollar on the street, you deserved it. Win the lottery, you deserved it. It is also interesting that these same "deserving" people are quick to point out an individual that does not deserve good fortune.

The question these people fail, or are afraid to ask themselves is, were they ever really in a position to deserve anything in the first place. Life is not fair, we should all know and accept this by now. Knowing that life isn't fair should also lead us to the conclusion that the very term "deserve" is nothing more than a mere figment of society's imagination. The truth is, you get what you get. And as Kid Rock so eloquently put it, "and people get what they deserve."

But if some of the negative, closed minded, venom spewing authors on this website must continue to bring down officers for achievements that they "didn't deserve" such as (i.e. Officer of the Year, Ned March, Promotion, Transfers, or Kudos) may this post serve as the end all of such rhetoric. Answer the following questions truthfully, and if you still have a conscience, you will admit that even you (hater) have received something others might consider underserving.

1. If an officer works District II patrol, and has never initiated his/her own NDL investigation that has led to an NDL arrest, do they deserve to transfer to SCU? Furthermore, do they deserve to never taste the likes of patrol again my somehow manuevering from specialized unit to specialized unit by playing golf, fantasy football, attending cookouts, or just simply hanging out with those in power?

2. Does a tenured officer, who has unquestionable experience and skill in various aspects of Law Enforcement, but is also a well known "cancer" to any unit he/she might been in deserve to transfer to SCU, simply because they have "time on?" Does the Terrell Owens factor fit you, my oh so deserving friend?

3. In order to make the T.A.C. team, are you suppose to actually complete the course? If so, is it fair that an officer makes the team despite a poor showing?

4. If an officer makes T.A.C., should they be inserted into the Entry Team almost right away, or get to go on more call ups or T.A.C. hits based on friendship?

5. Should a Field Training Officer treat his/her Probationary Officers like crap, when this same Field Training Officer barely made it out of the program by the skin of HIS teeth?

6. Should a veteran officer speak down on the F.T.O. unit for allowing a 2 year officer to train, when they refuse to step up to the plate and become trainers?

7. Is it fair that individuals can go their entire career by hiding under a tree or in some obsure position or unit, and be considered a good cop because they never ruffled feathers, chased dopers, collared felons, or received complaints?

8. Does the same officer from question #7 deserve a promotion because he/she decides to dress up in a fancy suit or skirt, set up meetings with staff, and do a few months of hard work just prior to promotions?

9. Is it fair for a supervisor to treat their subordinates like idiots when their own mental acuity and street savvy is questionable?

10. Is it fair that each of you reading this post has at some point in time had a complaint swept under the rug, received a commendation letter just for being a backup, used "creative writing" in a police report to justify your actions, or stumbled upon a once in a lifetime case like a blind squirrel finding a nut and then walk around like you deserve everything that is good in the world?

11. Is it right that you have gone to Internal Affairs as an accused, gotten out clean when it could have gone the other way, yet bash the police department for being unfair in its punishment?

No one gets what they deserve my friends. In many cases, not getting what we deserve is a blessing. BEWARE of bashing those for getting something you wanted. If you continue, you will reap or "weep" what you sow. Does a kid holding a bar of ice cream or a mom holding a loaf of bread deserve to get caught with the stray bullet or a doper shootout. Did those Wall Street fat cats deserve 6 figure bonuses when you work harder than any of them and can not get overtime? Do you deserve a job where you are literally your own boss, even if that means sitting under a tree? Do we deserve the 1st Amendment - even if that means only expressing negative views, and never anything positive?

If there are any of you that has always deserved that Transfer, Promotion, Commendation, or Not Sustained.....feel free to continue to cast stones.

After reading these posts I think more Officers are irritated with the way the dept. operates in their selection for those in specialized units; I guess I can kind of understand.

Similar situation with the 2000 presidential election, what is the point of voting if the election was rigged by then Florida Gov. Bush so that the outcome would be that his brother G.W. Bush could be victorious?

Same note, why would an officer bother wasting his/her time by putting in a memo for a specialized unit if the positions are already filled, but not yet officially announced or unbeknownst to other officers. In other words, why play the lottery if the prize has already been claimed?

Not taking sides, pretty sure the officers that were chosen will either put up or shut up. if not there are plenty of guys down there that will grab them by the collar and shake them up. Like someone said earlier, it's unfortunate, but they are the poster child for negativity. My 2 cents.

Really who is Vasquez and who is Singletary? Never heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop goes the weasel
    Really who is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx? Never heard of them.
    Stupid Question gets a Stupid Answer!! They are officers at SPPD who just went to SCU. They both worked in District 1 evenings under Sgt A. Gilliam. Other than that if you dont know them all of that doesn't really help does it. Or were you trying to be smug and hint to the fact that they are new and that why you might not know them. No matter how pissy some of you are think of this if you were "chosen" to go somewhere would you turn it down because you were "new" ?

I worked with both of them and I by no means think they are the best officers out there but they are willing to work unlike some. As for experience I am not sure about xxxxxx but I am pretty sure xxxxxxxxxwas a Military Police Officer in the Army or Marines and a Sniper in Iraq. Get over the fact that they haven't been here long.

edited by mod 161 due to related negative slams

Quote Originally Posted by Banjamin Button
    "Whitebread" is a term to describe large scale conformity, or a generally bland and unwavering personality. Your apparent racial allusion is inapplicable. Please use the term "cracker" or "whitey" if you wish to utilize polarizing terms.

I swear to god if Bunny is an officer I will shoot myself.
    You shudnt swear to god.

Make sure you have plenty of ammo, and don't forget in the event of a malfunction;

Tap, Rack, and GO!

So being an MP and sniper means something? He still is wet behind the ears on the streets of St Pete. Pretty soon, you clowns will be giving brownie points because someone was a Cub Scout! There is a huge difference between being a military cop and a civilian cop. Especially with the administration we have leading us. And his sniper skills won't do him any good working for a department that burns your ass if you think of talking too loud in front of a citizen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast