FOP

Thread: FOP

FOP

Can anybody tell me what the FOP has done to BENEFIT our agency in the last few years???? They only seem to cover for a few select union kiss a$$es. Yeah, we got a decent contract the last time but its nothing better than another union couldn't have gotten for us. Watch how great they "help" us with this budget mess, they are gonna make it worse

Re: FOP

It's obvious that you have never worked at any other Agency since you don't know how bad it could be. As in every organization, not everyone will be happy all of the time. My experience has benn those who complain about the union the most, are the least involved. The FOP has a monthly Labor meeting which is open to ALL members, however, the same 1 or 2 non board members ever show up. The next meeting is on April 2nd. Why don't you go to the meeting and help them not "screw it up"?

Here we go AGAIN with the City...

PLEASE DEAR GOD,

I hope the elected union leaders actually read the content on this site and that they understand the LARGE MAJORITY of officers DO NOT want the contract reopened. If the city does not want to honor the contract they should be the ones who have to declare the "crisis" and get it reopened. They promised us the raises, we're already taking a 2% cut and God knows what else they are goinna screw us on.

P.S. Where is Ezzie Thomas when you need him?

The FOP Labor Board met on 6/4/09 and stated that they were 100% AGAINST opening the Contract. The next meeting is 7/2/09 at 1500 hours. Maybe the original poster should plan on attending.