What's your thoughts? the Budget - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What's your thoughts? the Budget

I never thought St. Pete would get to that. No matter how much people complain about the department I wouldnt have expected it to come to this - cutting people who went thru months of paperwork. How depressing.

What about the ones that moved here from out of state? They moved with a promise of a job, leaving family and friends behind, only to get down here and end up with nothing. And now they have no guarantees of being rehired when the economy improves, Depressing!

The department has all this deadwood at the top of the food chain, yet they sacrifice the young guys so that the majors and asst chiefs can keep drawing their 6 figure salaries.

If the dept would offer a buyout like the county, then a lot of us senior guys would be happy to move on. One of our salaries would save two new guys. But that's common sense, which this department and city have shown they do not have.

Get out! Get out! While you can! Before the city comes up with some innovative way to reduce your retirement benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Out!!!
    Get out! Get out! While you can! Before the city comes up with some innovative way to reduce your retirement benefits.
    I heard they are looking at eliminating the drop

Rumors Rumors Rumors...here we go and its all caused by our staff. The staff needs to come out and give some numbers and exactly how much needs to be cut then figure out what will do he trick. Telling the cadets the same day they are told the staff might have to take a 5% pay cut makes you wonder the real reson. I like the previous suggestions of cutting back some staff positions.

Did they really lay off cadets? I thought you were still hiring.

yes they did. that's a fact from admin itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    yes they did. that's a fact from admin itself.
    you needs to get the facts straight. They layed off those cadets because they have finally realized that this racist hiring practice has to stop! The chief will be soon unveiling his NEW plan to hire more minoritys. I have been told they will be hired at a lower pay rate and lower standards to make up for the decades of racial injustices. but thats fine with me, it's about time minorities got moved to the FRONT of the bus.

I been saying it now your seeing it!

God bless you

Bunny wrote:
    I have been told they will be hired at a lower pay rate and lower standards
    If that's true, then they would be getting paid what they are worth, which is less than everyone else. And if the standards are lower, it will be an admission by the minorities that they aren't as smart as other applicants and can't pass the basic english comprehension. Lower standards will prove that is only way that minorities can be hired. The days where they wanted to be accepted as equals is long past. Now they want to be entitled. They want to be given everything without actually having to earn it or deserve it.

The only way Captain Kangaroo will have a new plan is if someone else tells him what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack
    Bunny wrote:
    I have been told they will be hired at a lower pay rate and lower standards
    If that's true, then they would be getting paid what they are worth, which is less than everyone else. And if the standards are lower, it will be an admission by the minorities that they aren't as smart as other applicants and can't pass the basic english comprehension. Lower standards will prove that is only way that minorities can be hired. The days where they wanted to be accepted as equals is long past. Now they want to be entitled. They want to be given everything without actually having to earn it or deserve it.

The only way Captain Kangaroo will have a new plan is if someone else tells him what to do.
    Cap, don't stoop to this butt head's level....he is just baiting to see how to stir the pot. Just ignore him...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast