FOP to Members: Work for FREE!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FOP to Members: Work for FREE!

Who told these fools it was OK to take three days pay away from us? Is FPL, our mortgage, child support, or the gas stations going to give us a break when the bill comes? Someone please tell these corupt FOP board members that they are supposed to be getting us money not taking money away from us.

The School Board has never done anything for us. Now they are asking us to work for free? We work three days and we get paid $0. I thought slavery was outlawed? And we are supposed to trust the FOP and School Board that they are going to take care of us right? We are getting a 30% pay cut for a pay period! Are your bills going down 30% during that time?

No one talked to us about it! The FOP decided by itself you can live without the money!

Some Miami-Dade schools unions OK pay deferrals, but not teachers
    BY HANNAH SAMPSON AND PATRICIA MAZZEI
    pmazzei@MiamiHerald.com

Four of the five employee unions that contract with the Miami-Dade school district -- but not the largest, the United Teachers of Dade -- have agreed to Superintendent Alberto Carvalho's proposal to not work three days this year to save money, district officials said Friday.

The unions for the district's police officers and mechanics have signed off on the plan, which would give employees three unpaid days off this school year. Employees would be paid for those days sometime in the next fiscal year, which begins July 1.

Two other unions, for lower-level district administrators and for bus drivers and custodians, have tentatively agreed to the proposal but have not yet voted to ratify it.

Deferring the pay will save the district about $27 million, as part of a $56 million budget cut to this year's budget that School Board members agreed to last month. At the time, Carvalho said the alternative would be to lay off more than 3,600 employees by the end of June.

The teachers' union has opposed the measure, with UTD President Karen Aronowitz calling it a scare tactic. Last year, the district decided not to pay agreed-upon raises to teachers, saying there was not enough money to do so.

District officials have had to cut more than $300 million from their $5.5 billion budget this fiscal year.

Re: FOP to Members: Work for FREE!

The Teachers at least have the cajones not to agree to this. But our union prez goes right along with the bus drivers and mechanics. What a joke this guy is.

They're not asking you to work 3 days for free.They are just saying don't come to work for 3 days "we don't need you". Get teh picture?

Just to let you guys know that I can make whatever decisions I feel are necessary as the prez as long as I have the support of the board. WHICH I DO.Y ou guys never show up at the meetings anyway so whats the use of having them. We need to help the district out on this one and also support Hurleys 5 point plan.

I heard that when push came to shove. Some leaders held their ground with the UTD and some cut and ran. I think Carvalho realizes that if he really wants to have a department with cajones he should go ahead and hire teachers. For all of Howies tough talk and antics when the stuff hits the fan the teachers held their ground and he blinked.

In the next allotment of uniforms (if that ever happens) make sure Howie gets issued skirts instead of trousers I think they would fit him much better. LOL

Hurley should wear skirts as well. I heard that his legs are full of Tats.

How's your Mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer1
    In the next allotment of uniforms (if that ever happens) make sure Howie gets issued skirts instead of trousers I think they would fit him much better. LOL
    Tell him yourself, you know where he is.

Big boy behind the keyboard?

We support our brothers and our union. It's our union.

I sit on the board and work for the members. To see the garbage you write just to get the attention off of yourself is pathetic.
    Fix the issues with your subordinates, quit screwing people over and retaliating against them just because they exercise their rights
    Try acting like a police officer for once.

We all know where he is. He is up the sups butt. Just like he was up gerrys but. Come on Howie. Stop defending your sugar daddy and put the skirt on. The utd pres Karen has the moxie that you and your girlfriend tatoo lack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast