Integrity

Thread: Integrity

Integrity

We ask to be treated with respect and integrity however there are atleast three people recently who have given all the officer's a bad name. Without saying who they are, we know one quit and two others are trying to save their jobs. Gentelman we took an oath, all of us, honestly how can you hold your heads high knowing what's up? I've been here a while and fortunatly this hasn't reached the media, but I am embarrassed by this. But before it looks like I am supporting this administration they aren't much better to be implicated in a pirated movie possesion case. We all know once the brass is on the second floor everyone is untouchable especially after directives are changed to help them from being desiplined.
    Remember this place has always been do as I say not as I do...or did! Corporals and below are required to live up to a higher standared than everyone else at OPD, this is very evident by the way discipline is and has been handed out, look at the track record of administraters that have received discipline for their directive violations. It is up to us to bring the respect back to the Ocala Police Department, no one else is going to do it. It is your reputation on the line, AND EVERYONE ELSE'S! Think before you do something, this applies to everyone. You know your going to get extreme discipline when it comes to this agency, so think about what you do on and off duty.
    The Ocala Police Department is not a bad place to work, don't make everyone else feel like crap for your dumb acts. I hope that everyone who this is aimed at reads it! With everything going on here we are not respected like we once were by other agencies. It is up to us to bring that respect back to the Police Department, we all know that no one else will.
    We all know that this is one of the greatest jobs you can have and wew are all lucky that with an economy like the one we are in that we are employed. Think of your families, your reputation, and the guys and girls you work with! These are some of the best people I have ever worked with. Don't give anyone any reason!

Re: Integrity

LT L Is the worst!

Re: Integrity

He's a company man and those are the most dangerous because they don't see that they are replaceable too. In the mean time they will screw you and everyone else to get ahead, or make themselves look good. Just ignore them. The lack of integrity goes much higher than the Lieutenant level, and beyond the department to city council, not all but a select couple. The problem is that this city wants to be big and attract people but it remains small with attitude, especially towards fire and police. This would be why guys that are smart and have been here a short time are already looking elsewhere. To them I wouyld say that the grass isn't greener on the other side and remember that the people in charge today will not be there tomorow.