Incentive to Retire.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Incentive to Retire.

WOW, That was the most exciting thing coming from HR in years. Sure makes me want to head for the door. How about you??? If that is the best they can do,I guess most of us will be here a VERY long time to come.

Re: Incentive to Retire.

Mr. J.R. in HR needs to sharpen his pencil a bit. To write with, not to stab.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Mr. J.R. in HR needs to sharpen his pencil a bit. To write with, not to stab.
    Wha the hell do you care?!

Probably cause I work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Briscoe
    WOW, That was the most exciting thing coming from HR in years. Sure makes me want to head for the door. How about you??? If that is the best they can do,I guess most of us will be here a VERY long time to come.
    Don't like it?
    THEN QUIT!!!

Truth to Power must be JR in HR or just a miserable idiot. The so called buyout is a complete joke and the City just doesn't get it. If they really wanted to clear out upper level management and/or higher income generating employees they would offer a better package for an incentive. Their argument is that if enough people do not take their financially bereft offer they will have to lay people off. And who exactly does that kind of logic persuade to take the offer? Absolutely no one unless they were about to retire anyway. The City needs to get a reality check if they want to make an earnest attempt at persuading personnel to retire in this economy. Unfortunately, they would rather build a Marina to nowhere with a substantial projected loss from year to year. In addition to that, lets add the recent real estate purchases that make no sense but seem to be endless. They want the citizens and employees to listen to the song "Cry me a River" while they make blundering business decisions.

If they really wanted to save money through contraction of employees, they would offer an average to above average offer to those eligible, under whatever format they come up with, to leave. Once their target amount of employees take the buyout, the City would not have to hire any new employees so their savings on a year to year basis would continue for as long as they wanted. Instead, they want to do the opposite which seems to make perfect governmental sense these days.

I bet you and your little "harvard" name think you are real cute?

We need to be happy we have jobs, I personally would like to see the city cut some of the "old" fat around this place. Times have changed and the new style employee is the future. we work faster, smarter and cheaper than you old timers.

CYA!

I think you are just stirring the pot as there is a need for the new folks and so called old timers. I wonder what the definition is for an old timer as I know I don't qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen
    I think you are just stirring the pot as there is a need for the new folks and so called old timers. I wonder what the definition is for an old timer as I know I don't qualify.
    Oh you don't like the so-called new breed now??
    THEN QUIT!!!

I do not think it works that way. I the senior people make the most, and therefore need some reason to leave so there will be room at the bottom for the young ones!! At least that's the way I understand the food chain works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast