more cost savings - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: more cost savings

It’s the panicked do-nothings who think that if they can convince the boss to make cuts somewhere else – then they will be the first to go. (Let’s pray that’s true)

Yes, there are Deputies at IJC. There needs to be a spot to gather up all the NVDL's and the open containers. It would prob cost more for a D-8 Deputy to run them over to NJC after each arrest. I get that, but 2 Lt's??????????? 4 Sergeants??????? and several Deputies??????????????? Someone needs to stop the bleeding, I feel the LT's themselves should step up and say I can best be served somewhere else, stop "wasting" me.

i am not shouting the caps button was stuck on my pos computer i was guna get a new won but i didnt get a raise last year and decided to buy shoes f and other school stuff for the kids.

I think the air unit is good when it is needed butt i am tired of it finding the kneed to find s13v cars pakred at driveways late at night when the owner just go home. and going to s22 verbals and flying so low i cant communacate wit the people. all i am saying is use it when kneeded not just for fun so some guys can get ot , when i have to balance 2 hrs frm a late arrest and some guys get lots of ot to fly around and look 4 stuff. that ant wright...

and how long would it take to train less paid deputies to take the place of higher paid ones.. Sgts get 10% more that is enough..

The USGG is the primay in any water search and our air unit will leave the area if they are up. CCSO air unit is not responsible for searching for lost boaters. CCSO air unit has no rescue capabilities any way. The Feds have a lot more equipment and money for these type of operations.

There is no real reason for a SO our size to have a fixed wing airplane. It's just plane dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The USGG is the primay in any water search and our air unit will leave the area if they are up. CCSO air unit is not responsible for searching for lost boaters. CCSO air unit has no rescue capabilities any way. The Feds have a lot more equipment and money for these type of operations.

There is no real reason for a SO our size to have a fixed wing airplane. It's just plane dumb.
    Guest,

I am sorry that somehow you have no clue what the role of Aviation unit is, what our aircraft is used for and our capabilities.

We take great pride in our job and capabilities. Everyone in the aviation unit try very hard to ensure that everyone knows what our job and capabilities are. With that said, you are welcome to contact me and I will personally give you a tour of our hangar, aircraft and take you on a patrol flight. I promise that it will not be a waste of your time. If for some reason you are unable to make it to the hangar then give me a call and I can fly to your district and meet up with you. Bottom line is that I am willing to do whatever it takes to share with you information about the Aviation Bureau; the time we spend together will benefit both of us.

We also encourage new recruit ride-a-longs just so they have a factual idea of what we do and who we are. If you like what you see you could participate in the Shadow program and hang out with me for a shift.

I understand that it is easy to have the wrong idea about our unit but at least give me a chance to earn your respect.

I am sorry that somehow you have no clue what the role of Aviation unit is, what our aircraft is used for and our capabilities.

We take great pride in our job and capabilities. Everyone in the aviation unit try very hard to ensure that everyone knows what our job and capabilities are. With that said, you are welcome to contact me and I will personally give you a tour of our hangar, aircraft and take you on a patrol flight. I promise that it will not be a waste of your time. If for some reason you are unable to make it to the hangar then give me a call and I can fly to your district and meet up with you. Bottom line is that I am willing to do whatever it takes to share with you information about the Aviation Bureau; the time we spend together will benefit both of us.

We also encourage new recruit ride-a-longs just so they have a factual idea of what we do and who we are. If you like what you see you could participate in the Shadow program and hang out with me for a shift.

I understand that it is easy to have the wrong idea about our unit but at least give me a chance to earn your respect.
    In resp. I have a Clue First every other unit at CCSO is required to use the LOW-PAY Member first for OT.
    Aviation Unit Uses the Highest Paid first! (Violation of CCSO Policy) you can't even work Weekenders unless your OT Rate is below $36.

Also, thanks for the invitation to ride w/the air unit because in the past the only new people that were asked were the new attractive fem. deputies. Some of which are qualifed observers that no longer get OT and are making less than $36 hr. on OT.

No, I’m sorry; you do not have a clue but merely a perception.

The “low pay” first policy does not apply to our unit because the TFO (Tactical Flight Officer) position is a technical position which requires a certain ability (Spatial Orientation) that very few people have. You either have it or you don’t but you can not train or study for it. Spatial orientation is the ability is to rotate 360 degrees, 500 feet above the ground (In a three dimensional environment) while in a continuous orbit, all the while, looking at a monitor and manipulating a focal point of an optical lens. As this is occurring you must simultaneously have a mental image of the entire scene and perimeter area while conducting a FLIR scan of your search area. While this is happening, you must systematically eliminate areas within the search area that you have already scanned. If you do locate a “hot” target you then must stay on the target, give directions to the pilot and provide direction and travel distance to the ground units. After the target has been qualified you must then go back to the location and re-acquire your search pattern.

I won’t even go into the fact that before all of this happens you must understand how the FLIR works, are able to tune the FLIR for the current outside temperature while operating the on-board radios. This on average takes about 6 months of constant training. After you have this somewhat mastered then you will be given basic instruction on how to fly the aircraft, return to the airport and land it without crashing. This takes another 6 months of training to learn how to fly, talk on the airport radio in aviation language, and learn the rules to flying in a controlled and uncontrolled airspace and much, much more.

So as you can see, since the TFO position is a technical position which few can master we would limit ourselves severely if we had to utilize this OT policy you speak about.

Regarding the two sergeants that are current TFO’s, they were in our unit PRIOR to being promoted; both of which are FAA licensed Commercial helicopter and airplane pilots. We will not forsake all the time and money we and they have put into their training, not to mention the added safety benefit we have because they are licensed pilots, all for the sake of a promotion and a few dollars of increase in hourly pay. Those benefits far outweigh the difference in hourly rate that you speak of.

As for the female TFO that we had in our unit, due to her work and personal schedule she was unable to accept the flight schedule that was provided to her on her days off. That is no fault of anyone; no harm, no foul. She has what it takes to be a TFO and has been trained to be a TFO. If her personal schedule changes in the future then I am sure our Bureau Lt will place her back on the schedule as needed.

Since we are speaking about OT pay, did you know that the full time pilots (All four of us) do not get OT? That’s right; we cover 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including training, court and all that goes with being a certified deputy without OT. Our OT money is how we pay for the TFO’s. You show me another Bureau that has 4 or less members that cover 24/7, 365 without a single day of down-time or no coverage, all without overtime. Our unit has not been out-of-service, even for a single day, in over 8 years (all with the same 4 members).

Your statement about only inviting new attractive females to fly on an orientation flight could not be farther from the truth. I can not remember when the last time I flew a female in the aircraft, much less being a recruit. I do not even think that we have had that many females fly with us in total. And as for who comes out as a recruit to see the hangar, aircraft, equipment and then fly on a orientation flight, that has never been at our choosing but rather a phone call from the recruit’s FTO. (Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder)

So, instead of posting on this site about all of the things “you thought” made you have a clue, why not take me up on my offer and allow me to share with you a close and personal glimpse into our Bureau. I will even let you work the FLIR so you can see that it is not as easy as it appears (And hope you don’t get motion sickness while turning hundreds of orbits). The worst that can happen is that you learn something about the Aviation Bureau, who is here to support you, from a guy who has done and respects what you do, all as a vital part of the “Team” concept which makes CCSO good at what we do.

All you have to do is give me a call (DC1213), get your supervisor’s approval and be on-duty. (And I won’t even care if you are “Unattractive”)

I'll even make you a cup of coffee...

I should also add that all of our TFO's began way before the low pay policy took affect. It has taken years of hard work to have the qualifed TFO's that we have. The only TFO's that would qualify under this policy are the two sergeants and again, they are certified pilots. As pilots we do not get hazard duty pay or specialty pay. In fact, MedFlight pilots are paid more than us. I am not complaining, just stating the facts.

Again, just gives us a call and see for yourself what your tax dollars are paying for.

Your my hero, your my "wind benieth my "wings". You "complete" me.

Parker, Supppose I don't want to fly with unattractive pilots????

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast