more cost savings - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: more cost savings

If they did reduce the number of people working dispatch why are they telling the public to call 911 for non emergencies? I'm guessing Rambosk needs to get his numbers up to get his budget passed.

Collier sheriff starts push to get more calls about unusual activities
    By RYAN MILLS (Contact)
    Originally published 1:14 p.m., Saturday, June 6, 2009
    Updated 1:14 p.m., Saturday, June 6, 2009

NAPLES — When in doubt, dial.

That is the message the Collier County Sheriff’s Office is trying to drive home to residents with its “See it? Say it! Make the Call” campaign, described by the agency as a “major community partnership project.”

The goal is to encourage residents to report any suspicious activity to the Collier Sheriff’s Office by calling 911 or the agency’s new non-emergency number (239) 252-9300. The new campaign kicks off Monday.

“It’s an effort to enhance our partnership with the community,” said Sgt. Dan McDonald of the Sheriff’s Office’s Crime Prevention Unit. “It’s basically encouraging people to trust their instincts.”

Residents know best what is normal in their neighborhoods and what isn’t. Suspicious incidents could be a vehicle in the neighborhood that’s not normally there or an individual who raises concerns.

But too often, McDonald said, people are hesitant to report unusual activity because they don’t want to be embarrassed if they’re wrong and don’t want to inconvenience deputies.

“That’s what we do,” McDonald said. “We’re more than happy to come out.”

When told of the new campaign, East Naples resident John Ohnesorge, 68, said he couldn’t find anything to object to.

“I think it’s one of those things that people should do, but they don’t take the time to do,” he said.

Andrew Arrigo, 67, also of East Naples, said the new campaign seemed to be a duplication of the agency’s efforts.

“The neighborhood watch is really very, very similar,” Arrigo said.

McDonald said there is no way to track whether people are failing to report suspicious incidents. He said he’s not concerned that callers could potentially jam up the emergency phone lines.

“If you see something and you’re not sure,” McDonald said, “and you ask yourself if you should call 911 or not. Call 911.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guest121212121
    If they did reduce the number of people working dispatch why are they telling the public to call 911 for non emergencies? I'm guessing Rambosk needs to get his numbers up to get his budget passed.

Collier sheriff starts push to get more calls about unusual activities
    By RYAN MILLS (Contact)
    Originally published 1:14 p.m., Saturday, June 6, 2009
    Updated 1:14 p.m., Saturday, June 6, 2009

NAPLES — When in doubt, dial.

That is the message the Collier County Sheriff’s Office is trying to drive home to residents with its “See it? Say it! Make the Call” campaign, described by the agency as a “major community partnership project.”

The goal is to encourage residents to report any suspicious activity to the Collier Sheriff’s Office by calling 911 or the agency’s new non-emergency number (239) 252-9300. The new campaign kicks off Monday.

“It’s an effort to enhance our partnership with the community,” said Sgt. Dan McDonald of the Sheriff’s Office’s Crime Prevention Unit. “It’s basically encouraging people to trust their instincts.”

Residents know best what is normal in their neighborhoods and what isn’t. Suspicious incidents could be a vehicle in the neighborhood that’s not normally there or an individual who raises concerns.

But too often, McDonald said, people are hesitant to report unusual activity because they don’t want to be embarrassed if they’re wrong and don’t want to inconvenience deputies.

“That’s what we do,” McDonald said. “We’re more than happy to come out.”

When told of the new campaign, East Naples resident John Ohnesorge, 68, said he couldn’t find anything to object to.

“I think it’s one of those things that people should do, but they don’t take the time to do,” he said.

Andrew Arrigo, 67, also of East Naples, said the new campaign seemed to be a duplication of the agency’s efforts.

“The neighborhood watch is really very, very similar,” Arrigo said.

McDonald said there is no way to track whether people are failing to report suspicious incidents. He said he’s not concerned that callers could potentially jam up the emergency phone lines.

“If you see something and you’re not sure,” McDonald said, “and you ask yourself if you should call 911 or not. Call 911.”
    Thx for attempting to keep this site entertaining Ms Omalley

Haaaaaaaaaa. This is the dumbest program ever. Congrats SS. You are as clueless about programming as Hunter was.

(Edited by Mod 167 to remove use full name)

Hey Steph,
    Take out the last name two posts above.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    (love this private feature)

Great idea, bad timing. Let's get cop's on the roa before you overwhelm the minimal resources.

Congrats, Cpl. Huff, for being the new PeeEyeOhhh. Great job on TV Monday.

Of course having 5 people in PeeEyeOhh makes sense in a department that does NOTHING.

I think you could cut about $150,000 by getting rid of 3 of them. Maybe more.

My buddy Lt. Lee is a better spokes-person than all of them. He rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Congrats, Cpl. Huff, for being the new PeeEyeOhhh. Great job on TV Monday.

Of course having 5 people in PeeEyeOhh makes sense in a department that does NOTHING.

I think you could cut about $150,000 by getting rid of 3 of them. Maybe more.

My buddy Lt. Lee is a better spokes-person than all of them. He rocks.

Yeah right Cpl DH. Keep telling people what a great job you do. Oh, wait. I don't have to tell you that. You already do. Everytime you are in our district you do nothing but trash talk the PIO's and the agency. At least the people in the PIO office have a personality and friends.
    HINT: Know who you are talking in front of. That includes in the next office, squad room, hall ways, etc.

They need 5 people in PIO because the adm. staff from Comm moved to the new building and to play youker you need 4 and sometimes everyone does not play cus. they need a nap...

If by Cpl DH you are talking about the little guy in CP, I can't think of a worse person to speak for or represent our agency. I thought we wanted to rid the arrogant and demeaning reputation. This guy hates everybody and everything and he lets everybody know it.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910