A note to say hi

A note to say hi

Hello to everyone at PCPD, I just wanted to drop a line and say hi to all those who knew me. I see so many new faces around town that Im sure have no idea who I am. I miss each and everyone of you guys and gals, not a day goes by that I done think of yall. I guess thats what happens when you leave high school and go to the police department and work there for 18 years, you kinda get to know one another. Now that its festival time I think of yall even more, believe it or not I really miss working the festival. Im still in a state of confusion as to which direction my life will go next, police work is all I ever know. I still hold a actice certificate but due to my medical condition I will never work as a cop again. Things are at the point where they are getting worse before they will get better, Im in the process of loosing everything I own except my family. I am holding on to a phrase that the chief would always use as a pep talk to me during my latter days at PCPD and that is "Good things happen to good people" That is true to a point however as a christian I know that sometimes bad things happen to good people. The good news is that God will always allow something good to come out of everything bad. This is nothing more than a test of faith that all christians go thru at one point or another. When I was working I would as most people would do and that is to try and please the boss. This can be done in a non butt kissing way. I would just simply try and do everything the chief wanted me to do without complaint or excusses, I thought that was all I needed to stay gainfully employed, boy was I ever wrong. As most of you know I was involved in a S-4 while leaving the 2007 festival on the polaris ranger. The wreck was not my fault and I suffered a serious concussion as the result of which I have never fully recovered as of this day. The rest I cant go into due to legal litigation. But rest assured when its all over I plan to make alot very public. Getting back to the point of my story I needed to trust God and not my boss for employement security. On 03/10/2007 at approx 2200 hrs my life as I knew it changed forever. I began on a journey of learning really what it meant to trust God. I have seen him work so many miracles thus far that my faith in him has gotten much stronger and hes not finished yet. Thanks to him I have not missed a meal and thanks to many friends Ive had much encourgement. I had to lower my pride and apply for medicade for my kids and food stamp assistance for my family. Even though me and my wife have no insurance we have not had the need to go to a doctor other than the work comp doctors I still see for my injury. Its gotten to the point now that we are loosing our home and vehicle, while I have no idea what we are going to do I have a peace about the whole thing because my God has never forsaken me and never will and he has promissed to meet all my needs. When everything is over I would like to plan a retirement/celebration party for me and my family and I will extend an invitation to all who will come. Take care for now and I will keep everyone posted I really love and miss yall very much.
    God bless Russ Allen former#169

Re: A note to say hi

Russell, I hope all works out well for you and your family. When you have your retirement party, call me. I'll ask Denise to cook her lasagna.

You got yourself a deal Joe...Thanks for your concern

Hold on Russell, Everything is posible through Jesus Christ. Nothing will ever replace Plant City Police and the time you were there. Russell you have to move on and trust God. The bible says forget the past, and move on. Place your problem in the hand of the Lord, forget about them and he will not forsake you. Until , you release the anger you will never move foward....,,

Thanks Becky, that was very thoughtful of you, I hope all of you are doing ok. It all works out, that travel trailer I got from you may end up being my temporary home. You shound see the inside of it since I remodeled it. Its always exciting to see the hand of God at work, Ive seen him work in the past, present and Im excited to see where he takes me in the future.