Shame On The Town
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shame On The Town

The Town is at it again with the latest jerking of our brothers and sisters. This suggestion to change the Pension to 401K is a bad deal. You new guys better make a stand or you might as well get a job at Ihop. At least the tips arnt reportable!!!

Re: Shame On The Town

Lighten up Mayor. Not cool. I can appreciate the Town saving money but not by what youre proposing. Why not cut cost at the top? We all deserve our pensions. Even the boys in the ivory tower.

The town claims that they are going broke and they want to cut costs everywhere, Which I understand, but do it at the top. Over a year ago, the town askes Davie Police to switch from a 10 hour shift to a 12 hour shift, because it was going to save them 3.something million dollars. So we did it for them. Where is that money the saved? nobody seems to know.
    Big businesses like Ikea ( a furniture store) and perhaps your heard of this one WALMART want to move in to Davie. The town administration said no. So now Ikea is located in Sunrise where it boarders our city, so we still have to deal with the traffic that it causes, which at times causes two mile back ups. Great Job Town admin.. Make us service them without any benefit. Hell Sunrise does want to thank you though. Walmart wants to build on the wst side of University just north of Orange. So instead of having Walmart there, we have an empty field. How much money does an empty field bring in to the town? I have no idea what you were thinking as far as buying Batton Farms? Was this the Town of Davies bailout plan for fruit stands? Batton Farms had a contract for sale a while ago with a developer who was going to build homes in there, but Davie would not budge on the amount of homes to be built, so that plan got axed. So davie goes and buys the property for $4 million dollars. This is a rumored cost as I am not 100% positive about the sales price.
    The commons is another issue. The commons is suppose to be a big shopping complex with businesses and restaurants. Great for the town and out west. The town is fighting them on this. I heard that the issue is the builder lied about paying the taxes early and tried to screw the Town on the deal. So I am not as angry as I was before. But work this out, fine them, but if we really are in need of money, then this should be a done deal.
    If one of our police officers were to shot someone or hit someone, they have an IA investigation. I believe when the town admin is destroying the town, then they should have to answer questions to a board. They should be able to get fired. I like how the board is asking for a 4% cost of living increase while other town employees "are lucky to have a job". If some employees are getting offered no raise, then so should you the Town Admin. You are the last that should be getting a pay raise. Your no different from the CEOs for big businesses that are lossing millions of dollars and get bonuses. Davie is a wonderful place to live and work, however the town admin is quickly destroying that.

There are some other things that should be addressed here: Mayor Truex recently did an interview with the town's PIO Braulio Rosa at the pristine setting of Robbin's Lodge (posted on the town's website). In the interview he was asked what-if any- impact of the budget crisis would affect the police dept. His reply was that there would be NO impact and that the citizens of the Town Of Davie would not be sacrificed when it comes to the police dept. Mayor Truex...if this is true, then why are you telling us that we have to cut $1.5 million and possibly another $1.5 million from the police budget.

Another thing that should be addresses is the fact that Truex did not attend the national Mayoral Conference. (Go to stimuluswatch.org) This site gives a listing of what states and cities will be getting stimulus money for "shovel ready" projects. It even describes the projects (i.e. Pines getting $190 million, Plantation getting $85 million, Ft. Laud $115 million)
    One city that wasn't listed??? You guessed it- DAVIE.

Hey Mayor Truex, don't you think that there are more pressing issues in the town than spending $22,000 for the Orange Blossom Festival??

I welcome your retort mayor!

TSD

Pines seems to be one of the smaller contributions in Broward. Even Lauderhill applied for a substantial amount of money. Hollywood is at almost 400 million. I guess that our council is more worried about obtaining land for parks instead of money for the Town. Miramar is receiving 500,000 for Police Officers.

Unfortunately, it looks like we missed out on this one. Also it looks like we have a true politician as a Mayor. He is willing to say one thing to the public, yet do something completely different when the time comes. I am not sure if you all have read, the Miami Herald is supporting Truex. In the article, he states that the pensions of the Police and Fire Departments are "unsustainable". I guess you can interpret that anyway you want, it means to me that he is blaming the financial problems of the Town on US.

We really need to come together on this one and make sure that Judy defeats him in the upcoming election. Or else, may the lord be with you.

Do not ponder the inevitable. They just dont care. This is what happens when you have a Town Council that was cast as the back up crew for the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou"

Maybe Davie could save some money by slowing down the lawsuits against their police department..just a thought???

How much did the town pay out last year? Big bucks wasnt it? ops:

Quote Originally Posted by Valigator
    Maybe Davie could save some money by slowing down the lawsuits against their police department..just a thought???

How much did the town pay out last year? Big bucks wasnt it? ops:
    Actually there was no monetary compensation. The town settled all of their legal obligations in sandwiches. Win a lawsuit, get a sandwich. It's actually a pretty sweet deal.

You guys are a hoot...its amazing you can write"shame on the town thread" and worry about your money when most of you can't keep your names out of the paper for sexual and battery crimes....how about this? Shame on you...start acting like real cops...

Quote Originally Posted by Valigator
    You guys are a hoot...its amazing you can write"shame on the town thread" and worry about your money when most of you can't keep your names out of the paper for sexual and battery crimes....how about this? Shame on you...start acting like real cops...
    You should have made your response about sandwiches. Stay on topic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast