Curious One

Thread: Curious One

Curious One

Gee, the Sheriff drives away from the scene of the crash in a department issued vehicle to go home to phone in an accident that he was at fault in. Then a member of the office "investigates" the crash.

Shouldn't he have a cell phone with him? Shouldn't he or the vehicle have a radio in it? The accident occurred at someone's driveway. Did the other driver not have a home phone or cell phone that could be used to report the crash?

If this was one of us lowly deputies, would we still have a job come Monday morning? Would we maybe have taken a ride?

Re: Curious One

This is definitely a curious situation. It sounds like a number of things should have been done differently.

Asking the SAO to investegate, is kinda like closing the barn door after the cows have done got out.

Maybe FDLE will investigate it.

updated 3:37 p.m.

Wakulla County Commission Chairman Howard Kessler has sent a letter to Gov. Charlie Crist asking him to have the Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigate a crash involving Sheriff David Harvey.

"Wakulla County is in immediate need of your leadership at this time," Kessler wrote in the letter. "For justice sake and to ensure that an independent review occurs, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is needed to shepherd this investigation."

Check back with Tallahassee.com for more on this story.

updated 1:34 p.m.

Wakulla County Commission Chairman Howard Kessler said he will ask the Governor's Office to have the Florida Department of Law Enforcement step in to investigate a crash involving Wakulla County Sheriff David Harvey.

Kessler said he wants to meet briefly with Crist to discuss the situation.

"Hopefully, the outcome of that meeting would be to have the FDLE step in to do the investigation," Kessler said. "I look at Gov. Crist as a leader who champions transparent and efficient government. And right now, we have turmoil in our county, and I'm really looking for his leadership to give the citizens back a level of confidence in their government that they're not feeling at this time."

Kessler said citizens have been inundating his office with phone calls over the crash. He said many are not comfortable with the State Attorney's Office handling the investigation.

"I think that if you look at the relationship between Sheriff Harvey and the State Attorney's Office, it's awfully close," Kessler said.

Kessler stopped short of calling for Harvey's resignation.

"The public officials must be held to the highest standard," Kessler said. "And our harshest critic must be our own conscience. I think yes, resignation should be an option he should consider

Great YouTube Video Sheriff Harvey should watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfo8hb4s3vQ

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Maybe FDLE will investigate it.

updated 3:37 p.m.

Wakulla County Commission Chairman Howard Kessler has sent a letter to Gov. Charlie Crist asking him to have the Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigate a crash involving Sheriff David Harvey.

"Wakulla County is in immediate need of your leadership at this time," Kessler wrote in the letter. "For justice sake and to ensure that an independent review occurs, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is needed to shepherd this investigation."

Check back with Tallahassee.com for more on this story.

updated 1:34 p.m.

You are asking FDLE to investigate a traffic crash??????????????

FDLE should be investigating wether or not Sheriff Harvey violated florida statutes. If he did he should be charged and booked into the county jail.

Wakulla County Commission Chairman Howard Kessler said he will ask the Governor's Office to have the Florida Department of Law Enforcement step in to investigate a crash involving Wakulla County Sheriff David Harvey.

Kessler said he wants to meet briefly with Crist to discuss the situation.

"Hopefully, the outcome of that meeting would be to have the FDLE step in to do the investigation," Kessler said. "I look at Gov. Crist as a leader who champions transparent and efficient government. And right now, we have turmoil in our county, and I'm really looking for his leadership to give the citizens back a level of confidence in their government that they're not feeling at this time."

Kessler said citizens have been inundating his office with phone calls over the crash. He said many are not comfortable with the State Attorney's Office handling the investigation.

"I think that if you look at the relationship between Sheriff Harvey and the State Attorney's Office, it's awfully close," Kessler said.

Kessler stopped short of calling for Harvey's resignation.

"The public officials must be held to the highest standard," Kessler said. "And our harshest critic must be our own conscience. I think yes, resignation should be an option he should consider

Perhaps FDLE should look at the election irregularities at the same time. Rumor has it there is a precinct that helped the Sheriff.

Here is FHP's story of what happened, in Memo Form...

This is unacceptable behavior for an elected Sheriff. No doubt drinking at a local bar with his friends before the crash. The people of Wachulla and State need to look close at their chief law enforcement official. What else is just below the surface???

This is why Florida should have never abolished the office of constable. The constable provided another check to the sheriff. It provided for a checks and balances.