4 Hillsborough Deps. in hot water for apathy and poor ethics - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 4 Hillsborough Deps. in hot water for apathy and poor ethics

[quote=you've heard this before, but...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "You're right":1312ildt
    Of course, the true measure of a person's worth is in how much many they make.
    Absolutely correct. Whoever has the most, wins. That's why everyone was on here whining for God knows how long when Gee wouldn't negotiate with the union to give you raises. The only thing anyone cared about was more money. Everyone there wants to be paid like a doctor for a job where most of the employees only have a high school education.
    LEO's should not be paid by their amount of education, but rather the extremely difficult and stressful job they do. My father was a LEO who passed away shortly after retiring due to heart failure brought on by a lifetime of job stress. How much is that worth to you? In my mind it makes me sick when I see all these spoiled professional athletes and other overpaid public figures who have never served one minute helping their fellow neighbors or serving their country. Society has made these people into heroes, yet I will never forget who the real heroe was in my life as well as the ones who still serve and devote their lives for what has become a thankless and deadly job. So please don't tell me how these fine men & women are overpaid.
    They should be paid by the stress level of the job? Sorry, doesn't work that way, son. There are countless stressful and difficult jobs out there that are paid far less than a cop. That's why you police DO need to take classes so you can understand such things as simple economics. You will only get paid what the market will bear. You may not like the amount of money pro athletes and entertainers get paid, but as long as you have people watching them, buying tickets, buying their paraphernalia, etc., there's nothing you can do about it. This is why Bud pays millions of $$$ for airtime during the Super Bowl. Cops, like your father, are Joe Schmoes. He had to have known what he was getting into when he signed up for the job. If not, he was an idiot. Life is about choices: if you don't like your situation (i.e. pay, benefits, stressful working conditions), get out of it and go do something else. I'm 100% certain your agency cannot force you to stay there.[/quote:1312ildt]

Wow, you are a real winner bud. It's people like you that have ruined this world. It's all about YOU isn't it. I bet you would be one of the 1st people to call the police for help and then complain on them that they didn't get there fast enough. You know, the type that yells that your taxes pay for the cops job and blah blah blah blah blah. I also bet you have not done anything to serve your community and undoubtably came from up north with your big ego and smart arse attitude. Maybe one day you will look in the mirror and realize just how big of a piece of SH@T YOU ARE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ex deputy
    Quote Originally Posted by guest05
    JAMESON,ALTON S
    DOB: 04/17/73
    Booking #: 06002432
    Arrest Date: 01/10/06
    Race: W
    sex: M
    Ethnicity: N
    Doesn't matter, life is good for me now. If you think that's clever, it doesn't phase me one bit. I still came out of it with a better job, better benefits, better money and I don't have to put up with sh*thead inmates everyday and deputies with single digit IQs. Plus, I took a nice chunk of change from the sheriff's office(since I was vested) as I RESIGNED, not fired as some would believe. That money I received is growing quite nicely now due to some good investing...And your little booking # post means nothing, my record is clean--never convicted of anything in my life...Besides, you still have people employed there who have done worse. If you're so high and mighty and want to throw stones, stop being a coward and post your name...I'm sure I may be able to recall some things you've done as well.
    I don't really understand what satisfaction you get out of coming back and gloating when there are issues with the Deputies? It sounds like you're making great money, your investing sounds like it's going well, you don't have to work anymore with people you hate, so what gives?

I've left some crappy jobs at companies filled with some inept people and I've never really felt the urge to look back. What is still keeping you emotionally attached to HCSO?

To be honest, the obsession with your old employer coupled with that domestic violence allegation makes for some pretty creepy stuff my friend.

JAMESON,ALTON S
    DOB: 04/17/73
    Booking #: 06002432
    Arrest Date: 01/10/06
    Race: W
    sex: M
    Ethnicity: N
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
    Sound financial decision making Alton? Just because you moved from a single wide to a double wide doesn't make you rich. See you at your loss prevention office. Please have the video ready for me this time for I have to go 40. Thank you. :snicker:

I love how people talk abut how much more money they make than me, so what if you make more cash than me. You would have to invest 70K a year in your 401K to match my fixed retirement. Do you make that much more than me now? I doubt it. My career pays for a lifetime, does your? So shut up.

y are they picking on u and poor ethics

I think its quite humorous that they have the nerve for picking on u...its funny how a certain i/a det ignored a deputy raping and molesting his daughter for 6 years and didnt get arrested...id love to name names but we know how censoring goes here....they act all high and mighty picking on u but they are no better themselves...

Re: y are they picking on u and poor ethics

Quote Originally Posted by reichmember
    I think its quite humorous that they have the nerve for picking on u...its funny how a certain i/a det ignored a deputy raping and molesting his daughter for 6 years and didnt get arrested...id love to name names but we know how censoring goes here....they act all high and mighty picking on u but they are no better themselves...
    Or have affairs, lie to supervisors and are involved in domestic violence, all with th knowledge of those they work for.

Re: y are they picking on u and poor ethics

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by reichmember
    Or have affairs, lie to supervisors and are involved in domestic violence, all with th knowledge of those they work for.
    Or, for that matter...beat the living snot out of an inmate while he's facing the wall in his cell, leaving him for the next shift with no report in which he goes to the hospital...Then flat out lies about it to everyone involved, including I/A. Everyone knows their whole f'ing story is b.s. in a lame attempt to cover their own a$$es. Yet still manages to keep their job after lying in an official i/a investigation.

I don't know why people think that we're supposed to be superman or something. Why is it you don't see plastered all over the newspapers "Plumber charged with DUI"? People forget that deputies are still human and still make mistakes, and yes, still sometimes get away with it.

I don't know why people think that we're supposed to be superman or something. Why is it you don't see plastered all over the newspapers "Plumber charged with DUI"? People forget that deputies are still human and still make mistakes, and yes, still sometimes get away with it.
    Why? Because if you enforce the law, then you should be more than accountable for obeying it. You took an oath and should be held to a higher standard because the public entrused you and expects that from you. Whether you like to hear it or not, the public is your boss and the public has a right to know when you've breached that trust. Take for instance something as simple as a traffic violation: John Smith gets a citation for speeding. Now say John Smith hears about a deputy who was pulled over for the same infraction and is sent on his way after flashing a badge. Not right, that is hypocritical. So in other words, you basically enforce the same laws you break...As if the law doesn't apply to you...The old "do as I say, not as I do." So of course it should make the news when you screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by obamalover
    Why? Because if you enforce the law, then you should be more than accountable for obeying it. You took an oath and should be held to a higher standard because the public entrused you and expects that from you. Whether you like to hear it or not, the public is your boss and the public has a right to know when you've breached that trust. Take for instance something as simple as a traffic violation: John Smith gets a citation for speeding. Now say John Smith hears about a deputy who was pulled over for the same infraction and is sent on his way after flashing a badge. Not right, that is hypocritical. So in other words, you basically enforce the same laws you break...As if the law doesn't apply to you...The old "do as I say, not as I do." So of course it should make the news when you screw up.
    Dude, I do many a traffic stop each month and only write a small amount of tickets. The reason being is this. Tickets/citations cost alot of money. The average wage earner would have to work a week or two to pay the citation. I understand that they have a family to feed, clothe and shelter. Alot of violations can be cleared up with a verbal warning. Regardless if the violator is on the job or not a verbal warning can take care of the problem alot of the time. Not always but alot. If I can give a verbal warning to John Q Citizen why can't I give one to someone on the job?/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast