when does your day start? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: when does your day start?

Funny you should ask: I just overheard this.

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're trying to do is get a feeling for how people spend their time at work so if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
    Bob Slydell: Great.
    Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh - after that I sorta space out for an hour.
    Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.
    Peter Gibbons: You see, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
    Bob Porter: Don't…don't care?
    Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now.
    Bob Porter: Eight?
    Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

Change the names and you have ABT instead of INITECH. I live the movie everyday. Eight different bosses. My only real motivation is not to be hassled.

And it left out the trip to Home Depot

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Officially, the department doesn't count your time until you get to the office, unless you actually do some work along the way, then you can count the whole transit time from home to work. It's about the stupidest policy I've ever seen, but basically you are required to render aid if you see something while driving the state car. However, unless you actually stop to render aid, your drive time doesn't count. Some agents get around this by doing an inspection on the way to and from work every day. Most just lie on their timecards and pretend they do inspections on the way to or from work. The rest work for supervisors with sticks stuck up their butt who feel the need to micromanage their employees and actually double check things like that, so those guys are just screwed and don't count their time until they get to work.

Of course there is the whole question of lunch breaks, too, and whether or not they count. That's a whole 'nother topic, but I will let one of the Jax agents tackle that one
    :cop: :cop: :cop: That is right just give it to the midget. I am sure he will take care of this assignment. He can put the blue light on his head and walk to work.

If you're really clever like me, you can make your day start yesterday. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

If you're really clever like me, you can make your day start yesterday. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
    Holy Sh*t you are the jedi master, please teach old wise one... no seriously...

If you understand, things are just as they are;
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

If you are a captain or major in the north region, and you are really beating the system like a dead horse, your day starts when you start campaigning for yourself or your friends to get into public office. That's when you know you are a beat the system, out for only yourself, cheating the state of Florida, low life piece of sh-t.

If you are a captain or major in the north region, and you are really beating the system like a dead horse, your day starts when you start campaigning for yourself or your friends to get into public office. That's when you know you are a beat the system, out for only yourself, cheating the state of Florida, low life piece of sh-t.
    That is a strong accusation. Care to back it up?

We were told the same thing... You go 10-8 in the car when you leave the house, but your time does not start until you get to the office. What happens when you get into a car accident on the way to the office....who pays for the damage since your not on the clock? Who pays your doctor's bill? Are they going to say you were on the clock when it happen, so they will cover it? What happens when the other people decide to sue the state since it was a state vehicle? I am sure the state will say..."OH NO!" He was not on the clock..so you have to sue the agent." Are they will say...Oh, he was off the clock when he left the office today on his way home... From all the departments I know...when your 10-8.....(In-Service) your 10-8. So, for our agency..10-8 really doesn't mean 10-8. It just means your driving in your state vehicle, and 10-42 means your home and getting out of your vehicle. That's Crazy...the courts would have a field day with that one...could you see trying to explain that in court in front of a jury. That's why I have inspected the 7-Eleven a block from my house over 400 times. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast