Gulfport police chief retires
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GULFPORT - This city's longest-serving police chief is retiring.

Chief G. Curt Willocks, who came to Gulfport in 1991, is credited with modernizing the city's police department.
    He was responsible for installation of digital video recorders and computers in police cars and Tasers for patrol officers. The department obtained and retained state accreditation during his tenure.

Willocks The 59-year-old also served as president of the Tampa Bay Area Chiefs of Police Association, chairman of the Pinellas County Police Standards Council, director of the Florida Police Chiefs Association and a member of the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation.

Lt. Robert Vincent, the department's senior ranking officer, will serve as acting chief until Interim City Manager James O'Reilly appoints a permanent replacement.

Wish you well Chief.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingne...rt-police.html

Re: Gulfport police chief retires

So who is the frontrunner for the Chief's job??

Quote Originally Posted by curious2
    So who is the frontrunner for the Chief's job??
    Patterson

I don't know who that is>>>> seriously is there a frontrunner you are aware of..

The article mentions that Lt. Vincent is the, "department's senior ranking officer". Um...aren't there two senior ranking officers besides Chief Willocks? I thought Coombs and Vincent were the same rank?

Elect RV for President...The change that will feel like a pain in your arse. :devil:

Vincent has more credentials and more experience as a Lieutenant compared to Coombs, but Coombs has better people skills.

If this would have happened 2 years ago, I'd say they'd hire outside of the agency, but now with the economy the way it is, it wouldn't surprise me if they would forgo the hassle of doing that and just hire someone from within.

AND THAT WOULD BE A MISTAKE.....WE NEED OUTSIDE NEW BLOOD W/BROADER EXPERIENCE TO TAKE US TO THE NEXT LEVEL

Bring back 538!!

Quote Originally Posted by Its Time
    Bring back 538!!
    Who ?

P.C.S.O. or S.P.P.D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast