Cellphone Ban
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cellphone Ban

Cellphone Ban

Is there anything more unprofessional looking than some patrolman trolling through the streets with a cellphone glued to his or her ear??? It should be an offense punishable by termination to drive in a marked vehicle while on a cellphone unless you are a supervisor. It looks terrible for the public to see this especially when someone is driving around laughing and joking it p on their phone while receiving taxpayer income. "Oh yes, it's really cool being a cop. Ha ha ha! I'm driving around checking people's tags right now while I'm talking to you hah hah ha!" Reeeaaal professional.

Re: Cellphone Ban

Are you serious? Let me ask you this...when you work (assuming you have a job) do you spend every second of your time working? Are you not entitled to a break here and there? Do you turn your co workers away when they come to you about something not work related? I doubt it..what you are failing to realize is that our patrol car is our office. We do all of our work from there. Call victims, supervisors, other officers..all in the name of working. But, we also tend to our friends and families also just like everyone else in the working world. How about this, how about next time you have a cup of coffee or try to eat lunch you let me know so I can come and interrupt with some question about whatever the heck it is you do or some stupid comment about how you should be working. Get a life..

Quote Originally Posted by are you serious?
    Are you serious? Let me ask you this...when you work (assuming you have a job) do you spend every second of your time working? Are you not entitled to a break here and there? Do you turn your co workers away when they come to you about something not work related? I doubt it..what you are failing to realize is that our patrol car is our office. We do all of our work from there. Call victims, supervisors, other officers..all in the name of working. But, we also tend to our friends and families also just like everyone else in the working world. How about this, how about next time you have a cup of coffee or try to eat lunch you let me know so I can come and interrupt with some question about whatever the heck it is you do or some stupid comment about how you should be working. Get a life..
    You must have misunderstood my original post because there is no way someone could disagree with this. If the public sees cops tooling around and laughing it up then they think you have nothing to do. When the agency has some sort of bad press, or wants to ask for raises, or is accused of a cover-up, the citizens think back to the last twelve times they've seen a patrolman and he or she was laughing their head off on a personal call. What do you expect civilians to think??? They don't understand you can be talking on the phone while still working and earning your pay. It's the way of the world, don't you know. They think you're just driving Miss Daisy.
    All I'm saying is if you really have to make a personal call you should park and stay out of the public view while doing it. Anyone who doesn't comply should be fired because they ruin things for everyone else who works hard.

All I'm saying is if you really have to make a personal call you should park and stay out of the public view while doing it.
    As usual, if you had a copy of our general orders, it is against policy to hide from public view when typing reports or tending to personal business, i.e... phone calls. HP, please stop posting on this site. I know you won't because you continue to show your LOW level of professionalism, and you continue to flaunt your ignorance.

Why argue with the mentally challeneged like highly (un)professional and (dumb) bully? They have proven time and time again that they aren't LEO's, nor do they have a clue as to what life is like on the streets. They are here to stir the pot about things they know noting about, and use the fictional race or education card when they are bested. They worship an administration and a president that are jokes, spouting farcical praise about both in order to try to make themselves look better.

What they know about law enforcement they learned from watching CSI. Don't waste your valuable time, my brothers and sisters, on such low (no?) lifes.

Quote Originally Posted by A Real Professional
    All I'm saying is if you really have to make a personal call you should park and stay out of the public view while doing it.
    As usual, if you had a copy of our general orders, it is against policy to hide from public view when typing reports or tending to personal business, i.e... phone calls. HP, please stop posting on this site. I know you won't because you continue to show your LOW level of professionalism, and you continue to flaunt your ignorance.
    Oh, come off it. You know I didn't mean parking your car behind the Allstate Center with a tarp over it. Get real and get over the smartalecness. Just park somewhere so you're not tooling around the roadways so everyone sees you chuckling.

Get real. If I had posted this under another name you would be agreeing with me.

Doubtful. Your ignorance would come out under any moniker you would use.

Well, I'm not a LEO, and I don't have a problem with it. I've also never heard anyone even mention something that stupid and pointless. I've also been on plenty of Ride-a-Longs, and the majority of the calls are work related so who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Well, I'm not a LEO, and I don't have a problem with it. I've also never heard anyone even mention something that stupid and pointless. I've also been on plenty of Ride-a-Longs, and the majority of the calls are work related so who cares?
    No one said every call on a cell phone was fun-n-games. It is true that it looks bad and perception of the public is the reality of the agency.

Quote Originally Posted by highly professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    No one said every call on a cell phone was fun-n-games. It is true that it looks bad and perception of the public is the reality of the agency.
    Yo sh1t-for brains, Picasso called you out. What up?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast