S.A.O. Accountability Detective wanted - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: S.A.O. Accountability Detective wanted

Good!

I would think that if he kept statistics on the low percentage of original charges that are filed, and these findings were published, it would embarass the SAO into doing a better job!

Anyone know when these statistics will be published?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Good!

I would think that if he kept statistics on the low percentage of original charges that are filed, and these findings were published, it would embarass the SAO into doing a better job!

Anyone know when these statistics will be published?

OR ------ It could embarrass the Sheriff's Office when the public saw how many charges the office filed that the attorneys evaluated as not worthy of prosecution ..... especially if the reason for not prosecuting was because of a poor investigation!

Be careful what you wish for.

:shock:

I find it much more rewarding to seek the positive results that deputies accomplish instead of searching for the negative. I can only hope that we will rise to the top, improve our performance, and not open the door for the SAO to dismiss our cases or plead them to a lesser offense.

I find it much more rewarding to seek the positive results that deputies accomplish instead of searching for the negative. I can only hope that we will rise to the top, improve our performance, and not open the door for the SAO to dismiss our cases or plead them to a lesser offense.

True. But based on what we have seen from this current administration this will mean they will attempt to get their point across by selecting some sacrificial deputies and ruin their career. They will turn a blind eye to the supervisors that run the units or squads in which these deputies work and who oversee the investigations and sign off on the deputies work.

Are you really this naive? You actually believe that the sao only drops or pleas down cases because the investigation is weak? try spending a week in court and see what the rest of us do. The sao is undermanned............just like hcso is, and will do anything to get rid of cases and lighten the load. Ask them and if they are truthful, as the many I have found to be, this is the exact reason why criminals are quickly back on the streets to prey on society.

No, I am not that nieve. I believe that the SAO is the major contibutor to the problem. I lso believe that they will try and blame us as frequently as they can to relieve their responsibility. My suggestion was to eliminate, or atleast reduce, their ability to do so by doing a better job ourselves. Who wouldn't want to improve their work product? I only mentioned that I would like to brga on the quality of our job and I was trying to inspire others to do the same. I am tired of hearing all of the blame. Let's work together and commit to looking in the mirror and taking an opportunity to tidy up. Does my explanation help you understand my position? My glass is half full, not half empty !

No, I am not that nieve. I believe that the SAO is the major contibutor to the problem. I lso believe that they will try and blame us as frequently as they can to relieve their responsibility. My suggestion was to eliminate, or atleast reduce, their ability to do so by doing a better job ourselves. Who wouldn't want to improve their work product? I only mentioned that I would like to brga on the quality of our job and I was trying to inspire others to do the same. I am tired of hearing all of the blame. Let's work together and commit to looking in the mirror and taking an opportunity to tidy up. Does my explanation help you understand my position? My glass is half full, not half empty !
    THE SAO ALWAYS BLAMES AN AGENCY. THE SHERIFF OR CHIEF SHOULD STAND UP FOR HCSO. IF EVERYONE THAT HAS A CASE DROPPED OR REDUCED THEY SHOULD CONTACT THE ASA AND REQUEST IN WRITING WHY THIS HAPPENED, PUT THEM ON THE SPOT. I AGREE WITH YOU WE SHOULD WORK TOGETHER. I HEARD THE SHERIFF MIGHT RUN FOR STATE SENATOR OR GIVE IT UP NEXT TERM, INTERESTING. BE SAFE.

Ok if this guy isnt the poster child for the sao accountability then I dont know who is. I just read on tbo.com that the sig 5 suspect, some pos named "bear", that d2 units captured in the woods tuesday night was recently released for "you guessed it", sig 5. How the hell is this guy out on probation. Lucky he didnt kill the deputies after him.

Stop blubbering and make good cases. Do the right thing and take pride in your work. Years ago, old OCB detectives made a lot of sloppy cases as well as many patrol cases that were very slipshod. Some of the old detectives are now supervisors and continue to do a half a$$ job for the sake of cheap stats. You only have your name on the line and one bad case can mark you for life.

D1 Detective that was a cheap shot at a supervisor in OCB. If what you are saying is true then have the balls to name names, otherwise quit the cheap shots as it is apparent that you are not a D1 detective but a supervisor looking for a position. Not even the most senior detective in D1 was around when SID was known as OCB. Furthermore, there are only three supervisors in D1 that were around back then--WHICH ONE ARE YOU ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast