new LTCOL, where r u
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new LTCOL, where r u

Has anybody heard anything from our new LTCOL? I would think an introduction would be in order, by now.

Re: new LTCOL, where r u

SInce he doesn't start until tomorrow it will probably be after tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

That's a start, I hadn't heard anything...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    SInce he doesn't start until tomorrow it will probably be after tomorrow!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..relax :mrgreen:

I am really alarmed by what I have been hearing and I am suprised it has not picked up any steam yet. I believe it is nepotism at its best when the new LTC's son is a DOT officer in Panama City. I sure hop papa put that on his report of family members form when he hired on. I hope he (junior) knows how to behave and not face any disciplinary action. All eyes will be watching this relationship to make sure everyone is treated fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wish my dad was the LTC
    I am really alarmed by what I have been hearing and I am suprised it has not picked up any steam yet. I believe it is nepotism at its best when the new LTC's son is a DOT officer in Panama City. I sure hop papa put that on his report of family members form when he hired on. I hope he (junior) knows how to behave and not face any disciplinary action. All eyes will be watching this relationship to make sure everyone is treated fairly.
    I do not know about you, but I have been here long enough to know that rules can and will be broken at will of the admin. As far as junior is concerned, he will not have to worry about messing up. Whatever he does wrong will be "taken care of" before any disciplinary action(s).

Better watch out, Potbelly Ed and the over 300 pound PC gang is watching. I thought they were going to do something if CT made Major.... :devil:

Welcome new LCOL, GOOD LUCK!

Playing the Game has a decent point, and for all of you wondering... THIS is the loophole to make this happen. As far as I can read, MCCO doesn't really have a policy on nepotism, but DOT does. This is part of it:

2.6.1 When it is clearly in the best interest of the Department, employment of relatives in
    the same organizational unit or the placement of a relative in the line of authority
    above a current employee, may be granted.
    No exception will be made to allow an
    employee or successful applicant to be placed in a position that is under the line of
    authority of his or her own relative. In no case may a personnel action be taken that
    would result in an individual having direct supervision over his or her own relative.

Meaning, as long as LTC is not his son's DIRECT supervisor, all is well.

The policy/procedure is on the intranet, so posting the link here won't (shouldn't) do any good. I say shouldn't because I hope you're not dumb enough to access this site on a state computer. Anyway... If you want to look at the entire policy simply:

1. Go to Infonet
    2. Click on Offices
    3. Click on Personnel Intranet
    4. Click on Personnel Procedures
    5. Click on 250-011-002, Employment of Relatives

A secretary at the office helped me find this today. As screwed up as it sounds, I'm sure this is what they will use to make all of this seem OK. Like "Playing the Game" said. Tallahassee will make it work to get what they want. This is just coming from someone wondering the exact same things.

And a side note - If you are reading this Sanderson, this is nothing against you. I'm sure it wasn't your choice for things to happen this way. Honestly, I imagine this is harder on you than anything. Don't let the talk get you down and stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by mxwx51
    Playing the Game has a decent point, and for all of you wondering... THIS is the loophole to make this happen. As far as I can read, MCCO doesn't really have a policy on nepotism, but DOT does. This is part of it:

2.6.1 When it is clearly in the best interest of the Department, employment of relatives in
    the same organizational unit or the placement of a relative in the line of authority
    above a current employee, may be granted.
    No exception will be made to allow an
    employee or successful applicant to be placed in a position that is under the line of
    authority of his or her own relative. In no case may a personnel action be taken that
    would result in an individual having direct supervision over his or her own relative.

Meaning, as long as LTC is not his son's DIRECT supervisor, all is well.

The policy/procedure is on the intranet, so posting the link here won't (shouldn't) do any good. I say shouldn't because I hope you're not dumb enough to access this site on a state computer. Anyway... If you want to look at the entire policy simply:

1. Go to Infonet
    2. Click on Offices
    3. Click on Personnel Intranet
    4. Click on Personnel Procedures
    5. Click on 250-011-002, Employment of Relatives

A secretary at the office helped me find this today. As screwed up as it sounds, I'm sure this is what they will use to make all of this seem OK. Like "Playing the Game" said. Tallahassee will make it work to get what they want. This is just coming from someone wondering the exact same things.

And a side note - If you are reading this Sanderson, this is nothing against you. I'm sure it wasn't your choice for things to happen this way. Honestly, I imagine this is harder on you than anything. Don't let the talk get you down and stay safe.
    mxwx51, since this policy is from mother DOT, is it their policy that keeps us from working the construction sites. I have been told that this is a violation of a policy, but I have yet to see a policy on it. No one can seem to show it to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast