Latest Budget Update - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Latest Budget Update

Have you seen where all of the PIOs were finally cut? I wonder who’s next.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    and... all the PIO's were offered employment within FDLE doing something else, they were not just kicked to the curb!

OK....THAT'S IT ! ! ! ! !

Everyones FIRED ! ! ! ! !

and... all the PIO's were offered employment within FDLE doing something else, they were not just kicked to the curb!
    How are they cutting expenses by moving people around?

Maybe they were moved to positions that pay less?

Maybe they were moved to positions that pay less?
    No, they were offered positions that were needing to be filled within the agency. This is something they have been trying to do so there were no actual layoffs. As positions were vacated, they did not fill them for this reason. Now FDLE is faced with actual layoffs of filled positions.. this is very scary times, and I for one, am holding my breath, waiting to see what happens. Let's hope that the Governor/House/Senate does not make us cut additional positions. God help us all.

It looks like at least 20 Agents will get layed off. The budget people now think that it will be a $4 Billion short fall and you know they will not raise taxes are put the burden on big business because big business owns this state.

It looks like at least 20 Agents will get layed off. The budget people now think that it will be a $4 Billion short fall and you know they will not raise taxes are put the burden on big business because big business owns this state.
    I was told by a reliable source that if any layoffs occur, the first to be laid off will be those in DROP. Makes no sense to lay off new agents since they are at the bottom of the pay scale. This is not only FDLE, but every state agency.

I was told by a reliable source that if any layoffs occur, the first to be laid off will be those in DROP. Makes no sense to lay off new agents since they are at the bottom of the pay scale. This is not only FDLE, but every state agency.
    The first to go will be those in DROP? That is crazy talk.. No way will that happen. The state of Ponzi would never undertake such an action. Forget the fact that no one is promised 5 years of DROP and they already have their retirement. Forget the fact that DROP participants are at the upper end of the pay scale, regardless of the agency. Facts won't enter into this decision.

The first to go will be those in DROP? That is crazy talk.. No way will that happen. The state of Ponzi would never undertake such an action. Forget the fact that no one is promised 5 years of DROP and they already have their retirement. Forget the fact that DROP participants are at the upper end of the pay scale, regardless of the agency. Facts won't enter into this decision.
    I'll tell you one thing, DROP Agents will NOT be going any where! If anything DROP will be extended an additional 3 years. If we loose the drop agents and keep the last ones hired FDLE will loose about 1,000 years of experience that we can't afford to loose! It will be the LAST ones hired laid off first!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast