Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Latest Budget Update

We're screwed. New agents need to find jobs ASAP

Re: Latest Budget Update

I've already started looking.

Don't worry Obama will save us ALL! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't forget about PAF....they are screwed too!!!!

Everyone is in for a rough ride, and not the hair pulling, neck biting rough ride we all enjoy three or four times a year either. What you are witnessing is history being made. Florida's Ponzi scheme form of government has finally been exposed. There isn't enough money to sustain the "pyramid." Sacrifices will be made.

The thing that sucks is that the hiring process for the feds take about 2yrs and its about 6mnths - 1yr for the locals. I really don't want to go back to a local agency and be stuck on midnights, but at least I'll have fun and make a lot more money.

I think new agents should consider a lawsuit for FDLE's incompetent lack of foresight in their recent hiring over the last two years. I spoke with an employment attorney who said that there are some similiar cases like what is going on now at FDLE where layoffs did happen and the plantiff won the case. He said the key is showing that the hiring that was done was not done with due diligence (something like that). Sounds like we might have a case. When you consider the impact that this had on new agents, there is certainly a possibility. Not everyone can just run back to their old job. Some of our old agencies are not hring right now anyway. Thanks FDLE. You guys up in Tallahassee really have it together.

If you're a new agent (hired in the past 18 months), you knew, or should have kown, what was going on and the possibility of lay offs! I don’t see where you have more of case then those of us hired under the shadow of the STEP PLAN having grounds for a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If you're a new agent (hired in the past 18 months), you knew, or should have kown, what was going on and the possibility of lay offs! I don’t see where you have more of case then those of us hired under the shadow of the STEP PLAN having grounds for a suit.
    Your point is retarded because why would I resign from my old agency and knowingly come to an agency facing layoffs. Proving we didn’t know nor had no way of knowing will be easy.

Boys and Girls:

An offer of employment is just that. The applicant must decide. An offer of employment is not a promise of continued employment. Any such suit claiming the contrary won't be settled in your lifetime. Good Luck.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast