Latest Budget Update - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Latest Budget Update

At least you can fill them out at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Have you seen where all of the PIOs were finally cut? I wonder who’s next.
    and... all the PIO's were offered employment within FDLE doing something else, they were not just kicked to the curb!
    How are they cutting expenses by moving people around?
    They were offered positions that were vacated, but not filled yet to avoid the layoffs. Now they are forced to sacrafice positions that are filled.. this whole thing sucks big time!!! I give them credit though, they saw it coming and prepared for it...

It is really hard to imagine but we are entering into a depression era not seen since the 30's. I realize that is hard to comprehend when you have cable, cellphones, A/C, more than you can eat, work cars, personal cars and a home with a boat or two, but many don't have that. Fewer and fewer of us will have the same in a year or two.

It is really hard to imagine but we are entering into a depression era not seen since the 30's. I realize that is hard to comprehend when you have cable, cellphones, A/C, more than you can eat, work cars, personal cars and a home with a boat or two, but many don't have that. Fewer and fewer of us will have the same in a year or two.
    Remember the great depression started in 1929 and ended when WWII stated for us in 1941 (12 years)!

BREAKING NEWS !!!!!! There will be no state layoff's. The budget has been proposed. Thanks to the federal stimulus passage we are safe i think for the next 12 months. Great news for FDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS !!!!!! There will be no state layoff's. The budget has been proposed. Thanks to the federal stimulus passage we are safe i think for the next 12 months. Great news for FDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The budget you have referenced is the Governor's proposal. The legislature will decide what gets cut. I guess they don't cover the legislative budget process in the basic agent class, but in a nutshell -
    The Gov proposes a budget that makes him look like the good guy. The legislators cut and hack away at it to their personal satisfaction. After the dust settles, the Gov can face you and say he did the best he could. Keep in mind the Gov has proposed a $1,000 bonus for employees as well...

Don't forget our PBA at work-----

Crist’s proposal seems somewhat unreal. The legislature probably won’t spend that much of the stimulus money on current state employees (as outlined in FL law). Also keep in mind that Crist has been saying no state layoffs for some time and in the past 8 months 140+ probation officers lost their jobs (or were offered lower paid jobs as prison guards). What the governor says before each session is often different than what the legislature can come up with. Here is a quote from an AP article:

“Cretul and many other Republicans [in Florida] are worried about what happens when the stimulus money goes away, and they are reluctant to spend it on recurring expenses such as employee salaries.

A 2006 amendment to the Florida Constitution also bars the state from spending more than 3 percent of one-time money on recurring expenses unless approved by at least a three-fifths vote in each legislative chamber. It's 12 percent in Crist's budget proposal due mainly to the stimulus money.”

I hope all goes well during session, but I doubt a 3/5’s vote will occur in order to spend 12% of the stimulus money to save our jobs (considering the goal of the stimulus is for new programs - not current programs and expenditures). I for one am still looking for a job to avoid unemployment…

Well said. Add the republican party mindest - reduce the size and cost of government - and the already demonstrated move toward downsizing and you have "the rest of the story." No new taxes, reduce the revenue sources already in place, increase tax loopholes, and you can see why the Ponzi scheme is such a clear comparison.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345