Cancer question

Thread: Cancer question

Cancer question

I am now a disabled and forced-to-retire police officer. I am now free to research what nearly killed me, and may have done so to officers you might have known. I am looking for officers, or informtaion you would share, about deceased officers, who suffered any form of cancer that occurred from the chest or above that. The unusual form of cancer attacks
    less than 1% of the population, and its generic name is "parotid cancer".

Any and all information will be kept confidential, and my intent and purpose is to see if we, the brotherhood in blue, have been gunea pigs for communications companies. Wearing equipment on my shoulder over 25 years has me suspecting, as I and no one in any place on the family tree ever had such a cancer. This will be a long and hopefully a thorough examination to ensure it is or isn't feasible.

Thank you, and if you are still uncertain of my legitimacy feel free to contact me at Hammer_thors@yahoo.com

stay safe and watch each others backs

Re: Cancer question

Who are you? You didn't mention that. Are you retired TPD?

Re: Cancer question

Im pretty sure this is a tpd officer... I don't have anything concrete to help you but just a couple of suggetions. I believe you were here when we were at 1710. That building was rumored to be infested with all kinds of cancer causing air related issues. Just prior to it being condemned it was taped off because of that. Several studies were done that showed it was bad. It was rumored for years that detectives that worked in that building for years became sick later in life. I don't know if they ever connected those dots or not. I would get on the retiree website and see if anyone remembers that and also maybe some of the retired communication folks that were in that building for years. I would also look at the pension records of the deaths of retirees and see the cause/when/etc. It should be public record, even though it may not provide their names. Wish I had more to help, but good luck to you.