zones - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zones

Re: zones

Is there nothing you little whining babies will not ***** about. What is next you want a driver to drive your police car for you. In the outside world you would probably be unemployed.

The more we get, the more we want. I remember when you could only bid for your district and shift (days, eves or nights) and you got plugged in where ever they wanted you. Then we got the ability to bid to our squad, shift, cycle, supervisor, and now people are crying over what zone they work. Cry me a river. Zone integrity is for the most part dead, so what difference does it make. The dispatcher sends whoever is t8 anyway. Its a battle not any worth fighting for, espically in these times when there are more pressing issues. Remember for everything you ask for in this contract, the city wants something for it, what are you willing to give up for this BS. I would be happy to just keep our current contract in tact, with an increases in salary. Go to the table with alot of changes, you may open a door you can't close. keep it simple and don't give the city the oppurtunity to open doors. Personally I would not change anything in the contract, just go in there with a new pay scale attached to our contract.

of course you wouldn't rookie, that's why you keeping kissing a s s. weasals like u make our union very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by MPO
    I think zones should be earned by your work ethic. We have a job to complete and we have some very lazy people who hide behind thier hire date to avoid work. Your hire date gets you MPO for free, first vacation choice, a bigger longevity, shift bid priority, and more vacation hours. It should not get you a closet to hide in. The sgt is responsible for the squad and should be able to assign people where he wants them based on thier skill, work ethic or lack of.
    This is one of the best posts about seniority this site has ever had. Too many people who have worked in and only been exposed to the civil service field for a long time forget that nobody has a right to be lazy at work.

of course you wouldn't rookie, that's why you keeping kissing a s s. weasals like u make our union very weak.
    Its not a$$kissing, its called strategy dip$hit, we have an awesome contract and a staff dying to take a chainsaw to it and thier going to use the repression as an excuse to do it, why give them the oppurtunity to open up things like shift bid, when you know the city wants a two year shift bid. This is not the time to show up with 20 article changes. I'm pretty sure the majority of the officers would be happy to keep the contract in place and see thier salary go up vs getting some lazy piece of $hit the oppurtunity to pick the easist zone in the sector.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12