KUDOS TO THE DIRECTOR

KUDOS TO THE DIRECTOR

I received a very surprising email as each of you did. The email stated in certain words that the Director knows our Division needs to make sufficient cuts to keep the Govenor at bay. Several agencies statewide have looked at the potential of laying employee's off in these difficult economic times. What a horrible idea to be drawing a paycheck one day and telling your loved ones that you have lost you job the next.

Our Director, whom I don't always agree with every decision he makes, does seem to be trying to help out the agents and non sworn personel.

I have read on this site many agents complaining on how TCO is top heavy. Your complaints have been answered. The family of Clayton Tolbert will now be uprooted and moved to accomodate newer agents / emlpoyees not loosing their jobs. Captain Priscilla Turner has now agreed to move to Miami, again relieving some of the same top heaviness that certain posters have complained about.

When Major Roberts retires, the Director has seen an opportunity to cut a large chunk of change from the budget to again save agents positions. We will return to two Majors.

Alright, I understand that Captain Tolbert has not been the easiest to work with as the Captain of Statewide Operations. But, wouldn't it be easier for him to have a Major supervising him instead of being allowed to run free like he has? I know this is not what the local agents in Tampa and Gainesville are looking forward to. I know most of you and have faith that you will survive what ever is thrown at you. You are some of the most professional agents in the state. The training and years of experience alone will give you the advantage over any problems that may arise.

Give Captain Tolbert a chance. Who knows, he may surprise each and every one of us. Besides, it beats unemployment.

Stay safe!!!!

Re: KUDOS TO THE DIRECTOR

Be sure to show Toolbert the same level of appreciation he has shown to you over the past 5 years. Show him the same level of respect he and his brother gave to you. Give him the same benefit of the doubt. Show him the same trust. Work for him like he worked for you.

Well, if I had worked for Captain Tolbert then I may understand better how you feel. I am only looking at the entire situation. Yes, Captain Tolbert is a key factor, however, would you, for one moment consider the entire plan of the Director may keep any of our co-workers from loosing their jobs?

It is my belief the Director only can work with what he has. At present, that includes Captain Tolbert. As I stated in my last post, wouldn't it be safer to have Captain Tolbert supervise a district instead of over Statewide Operations? If there is any district office in the state that is qualified to support Captian Tolbert and provide him guidance and direction, it's Tampa.

I remember when Captain Bong moved to Orlando, it was going to be the end of the world for that district. Or so certain persons would lead you to believe.... I don't think those feelings still stand in Orlando.

Offer, suggest and provide assistance. Be the awesome employee's that we all can be. Captain Tolbert may just surprise everyone once he is put in a district away from central. It will be time for him to sink or swim. It will be his choice. As long as you continue to do the job you have been trained to do in a legal, moral and ethical manner then Captain Tolbert and the Tampa District will shine. Rock on Tampa, you are the best!!!!

Rock on Tampa, you are the best!!!!

AT WHAT????????????

Kudos to the Director for the following;

No longer screwing Tallahassee with pumpkin heads' presence.

Not screwing Miami with pumpkin heads' presence.

Not screwing Orlando with pumpkin heads' presence.

Not screwing Jacksonville with pumpkin heads' presence.

However, you do get the finger from Tampa for screwing them with pumpkin heads' presence. :shock:

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO FIRE THAT HORSE'S ASS, NOT SEND HIS HOLLINESS OUT TO TERRORIZE ANOTHER OFFICE.

JG is providing some leadership at a time when it is most needed. I hope that none of his other LEO jobs pan out so we can have some stability at the helm. As he continues to become more comfortable, we may be pleasantly surprised at the direction he moves us in.