in-service - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: in-service

Re: in-service

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Whatever!!!! Drink much koolaid. Have you asked a bunch of Officers about the training staff or just the Tallahassee Click. Just curious.

You be safe on the mat, after 20 years I bet you are a seasoned wrestling vet, just curious, how many of those trainees have really tried to kill you. Thanks, I'll match your 20 years of BS with my 20 in the field. Love to see you in the field now, don't worry, I'll buy your diapers for when you crap your pants.

PS, no desert cammo pants and tan desert boots. Only uniforms and real gun belts, nothing blue or plastic. Please, don't forget you will need a radio.

Stay safe, I hear the infections from those mats can kill.

Dear Guest,
    Your ignorance is amazing! Don't have a taste for koolaid like you and so many others do. I am extremely seasoned on the mats and no, not wrestling but martial artist. As far as records, I will put my 20+ years of REAL POLICE work up against your record any day of the week!!!!!! No, the students don't try and kill me. However, I have been shot at, have had subject's try to stab me and have had subject's try and knock my head off with bats and other blunt objects. I have been in my share of VIOLENT confrontations during my career and still here. Since you obviously can't read, or just didn't take the time to read my other posts, I still work the field.

It is sad that people like you and Guest 333 have such a poor understanding of Real Police work. As far as having to fight, no we don't get paid to fight but we end up having to. It is sad that it will take you and Guest 333 having to come across someone in the field like me that is highly skilled in unarmed tactics and you get yourself seriously injured before it finally sinks into your thick skulls. I know, I know Guest 333, you have a gun and the only dirt you want on your hands is gun powder. Well, it's like this. If you come across someone like me, pray to God you already have your gun out and ready to go. Because if not, and I get my hands on you first, stick a fork in yourself because you are DONE! So as you can see dear Guest, I don't need any diapers. Save them for yourself for the day you run across someone like me in the field!

And I will stay safe on the mats. And it is obvious you want have to worry about getting an infection from the mats since your such a cry baby and candy-ass that if you did do in-service DT, your effort would be as if you weren't even there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NO CRY BABIES
    Not arrogant at all FMJ. Just a well experienced trainer that trains my officers, as well as officers all over the U.S and other countries, real world, first class training and tactics. I notice how you like to pat yourself on the back for things you have done in the PAST. I applaud you as well. However, as a trainer, I am not really impressed or concerned with what you have done in the past, but what you can do NOW! I don't claim to know it all but when it comes to training, it is painfully obvious I know a hell of a lot more about that than you ever will. I don't think a reassessment is really needed. I have been doing some checking of my own and talking with people I know that work with D.E.P. and even some that have attended the course. I was able to find out who the trainers are that every one is referring to and I have met them and they are good trainers. I think that the reassessments that need to be done is with the attitudes of the participants.

If you were such a good supervisor, then you should know how important training is and how important it is to make the training as real as possible. All professional training standards require that the training be as realistic as possible, as well as, the courts. If I do not train you in the most realistic manner possible and push you to the point of thinking you just can't do anymore, then I am a liability to my agency for not training you correctly. The real liability is with officers like yourself and the others on here that do nothing but complain and do everything they can to get out of the training. So again, the training has to be as realistic as possible. If not, you are setting yourself up for a lawsuit for lack of training, inadequate training, or training not relevant to the job. I have testified in all of the mentioned cases. Therefore, you and your officers need to suck it up and participate fully and stop complaining. If your trainers happen to read this, I will give them this suggestion. I do this when conducting in-service with my officers. Document EVERYTHING! Document the participation level or lack there of, attitudes of the participants, things said, etc., and place that documentation in their training file and keep a copy for yourselves. That way, when they get sued and they try and blame their training, pull out your lesson plans and all documentation as mentioned and send their butts up the river without a paddle.

I never said that a high number of injuries are acceptable. I said that with what we do in DT, injuries will occur from time to time and that they are unavoidable for the most part. My classes are run safely. I give you my rules and if you don't follow them, your history. I also start every session by asking, "Is there anyone who does not want to be here?" If anyone says yes, I send them packing right then and there because if they do not want to be there, I don't want them there because I know from experience, that their attitude and unwillingness to be there, causes them to be a safety hazard to themselves and other participants in the class. (I would recommend that your trainers do this as well and send those who don't want to be there packing and let them explain to their supervisor why they didn't do their REQUIRED in-service). I let my students know, whether it be in-service or an advanced and specialized class, that it will not be an easy class. That they will be very tired and sore. In my class you either perform or you fail. Plain and simple. If you follow my instructions and do what you are told, there is a 99% probability you will get through my class with NO INJURY! If you don't follow instructions or do something other than what you were told to do, an injury is likely. In my 20 years of teaching DT and with more than 15,000 hours logged on the mats teaching, this is what causes injuries.....doing something you were not instructed to do or modifying a technique and performing it wrong. If you would like, I can give you the data on all the other statistics I have on DT related injuries that I have compiled over the years. It includes injuries in relation to age, fitness level, and weight (over-weight). Oh, and if your officers get killed or get another officer killed because of their lack of dedication and lack of physical skills, that's not really helping either....is it!!!!

Dear Guest,
    Your ignorance is amazing! Don't have a taste for koolaid like you and so many others do. I am extremely seasoned on the mats and no, not wrestling but martial artist. As far as records, I will put my 20+ years of REAL POLICE work up against your record any day of the week!!!!!! No, the students don't try and kill me. However, I have been shot at, have had subject's try to stab me and have had subject's try and knock my head off with bats and other blunt objects. I have been in my share of VIOLENT confrontations during my career and still here. Since you obviously can't read, or just didn't take the time to read my other posts, I still work the field.

It is sad that people like you and Guest 333 have such a poor understanding of Real Police work. As far as having to fight, no we don't get paid to fight but we end up having to. It is sad that it will take you and Guest 333 having to come across someone in the field like me that is highly skilled in unarmed tactics and you get yourself seriously injured before it finally sinks into your thick skulls. I know, I know Guest 333, you have a gun and the only dirt you want on your hands is gun powder. Well, it's like this. If you come across someone like me, pray to God you already have your gun out and ready to go. Because if not, and I get my hands on you first, stick a fork in yourself because you are DONE! So as you can see dear Guest, I don't need any diapers. Save them for yourself for the day you run across someone like me in the field!

And I will stay safe on the mats. And it is obvious you want have to worry about getting an infection from the mats since your such a cry baby and candy-ass that if you did do in-service DT, your effort would be as if you weren't even there anyway.

We are career service employees, we don't do DT.

If you are sworn law enforcement you do.

Quote Originally Posted by You're Right
    You're right. No injuries are good. However, instead of listening to the idiots that have not even gone throught the training, ask those that have. Out of 75 people that have gone through the training. only one is a true injury. The other injury was a pre-existing injury that the individual did to himself because he would not follow instructions.
    So, those cry babies, who little bruises that they got are injuries, boohoo. Get over it or go be a security guard. This agency is trying to be a professional service organization not a cry baby organization.
    Oh, did I mention that out of all the critiques submitted to the instructors, only one had a negative comment. It's public record, ask for the stuff. For you babies, put up or shut up because we are tired of your crying!
    For the rest of you,congratulations!

ONLY ONE WAS TRUE INJURY, I seem to know a DEP officer whom was transported and was out of work for weeks because of idiot moves. Hey do your homework before you run your suk. Training is one thing and as military vet I can appreciate good training but this is not the Middle East. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by You're Right
    You're right. No injuries are good. However, instead of listening to the idiots that have not even gone throught the training, ask those that have. Out of 75 people that have gone through the training. only one is a true injury. The other injury was a pre-existing injury that the individual did to himself because he would not follow instructions.
    So, those cry babies, who little bruises that they got are injuries, boohoo. Get over it or go be a security guard. This agency is trying to be a professional service organization not a cry baby organization.
    Oh, did I mention that out of all the critiques submitted to the instructors, only one had a negative comment. It's public record, ask for the stuff. For you babies, put up or shut up because we are tired of your crying!
    For the rest of you,congratulations!

ONLY ONE WAS TRUE INJURY, I seem to know a DEP officer whom was transported and was out of work for weeks because of idiot moves. Hey do your homework before you run your suk. Training is one thing and as military vet I can appreciate good training but this is not the Middle East. :roll:

BOO HOO :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by career echo
    Thankfully, those who are scared of inservice (former DNR park officers) will be retired from this agency within the next few years. This agency has been, and will continue, taking the shape and form of a legitimate law enforcement agency. Yes...there will be those officers that ***** and complain about ANY inservice, but they are in drop or will retire soon. The rest of the agency consists of hard working, unfearful officers who want to provide a respectable level of protection to our properties, to our citizens and to our state.

This agency is moving in the right direction and this cannot be denied. There will be those members, officers and spectators who try to slow or halt the progression, but it is exactly this type of inservice training that rebuts these people. Also, it is the the type of equipment, new policies and new officers/reserves that also define the direction and image of this agency. Call us what you will, but I am becoming prouder and prouder to be a part of DEP/DLE. Ofcourse, there WILL BE a negative response to this post regarding pay, mission, personnel, but that is just the nature of change. It makes people uncomfortable. Ride the wave of change or be buried underneath it. Go ahead with your negative post please.

You don't, learn how to work the system rookie!

I been here since the DNR days, never done it, never will.

You don't, learn how to work the system rookie!

I been here since the DNR days, never done it, never will.
    Then either you are not law enforcement certified or you are a BIG PU**Y! I am leaning strongly toward the BIG PU**Y!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234