in-service
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: in-service

in-service

Can anyone fill me in on this new in-service training? Besides the rumor that almost everyone got hurt, is it good training? Or does the new :evil: :evil: training Lt get his rocks off trying to show he's a big man trapped in a little body???? (he he) :devil:

Re: in-service

The training is excellent. Work on sharpening your wind in relation to exercise.

What is the agenda like? What are they doing each day, would like to know before I go. Thanks

Thankfully, those who are scared of inservice (former DNR park officers) will be retired from this agency within the next few years. This agency has been, and will continue, taking the shape and form of a legitimate law enforcement agency. Yes...there will be those officers that ***** and complain about ANY inservice, but they are in drop or will retire soon. The rest of the agency consists of hard working, unfearful officers who want to provide a respectable level of protection to our properties, to our citizens and to our state.

This agency is moving in the right direction and this cannot be denied. There will be those members, officers and spectators who try to slow or halt the progression, but it is exactly this type of inservice training that rebuts these people. Also, it is the the type of equipment, new policies and new officers/reserves that also define the direction and image of this agency. Call us what you will, but I am becoming prouder and prouder to be a part of DEP/DLE. Ofcourse, there WILL BE a negative response to this post regarding pay, mission, personnel, but that is just the nature of change. It makes people uncomfortable. Ride the wave of change or be buried underneath it. Go ahead with your negative post please.

True, but what is the agenda like for inservice?

Quote Originally Posted by career echo
    Go ahead with your negative post please.
    Nothing negative, just hope your kind get tired of the pay, the favoritism promotions and move on soon to a real police department. Then Park Police can return to the park ranger jobs we enjoyed for so many years. Easy money.

To guest who posted a comment on 01-27-09 at approximately 22:12 hrs. You mentioned returning to "the park ranger jobs we enjoyed for so many years". Please tell me you are currently a Park Ranger and not an actual sworn DEP Law Enforcement Officer. If you are then you are confused about more than just your career! If you are an actual sworn officer employed by DEP as a law enforcement officer then you have a responsibility to the agency and the citizens of the State of Florida to be as well trained an knowledgeable as any other state, county or city officer in the state. The biggest problem of all is your last statement of "EASY MONEY". Walmart, Taco Bell, Burger King and McDonalds are easy money too, maybe you should consider a career change.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWhineZone
    To guest who posted a comment on 01-27-09 at approximately 22:12 hrs. You mentioned returning to "the park ranger jobs we enjoyed for so many years". Please tell me you are currently a Park Ranger and not an actual sworn DEP Law Enforcement Officer. If you are then you are confused about more than just your career! If you are an actual sworn officer employed by DEP as a law enforcement officer then you have a responsibility to the agency and the citizens of the State of Florida to be as well trained an knowledgeable as any other state, county or city officer in the state. The biggest problem of all is your last statement of "EASY MONEY". Walmart, Taco Bell, Burger King and McDonalds are easy money too, maybe you should consider a career change.
    Just keep on drinking the Kool Aid pal.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWhineZone
    Most officers hope you will soon return to the Marine Corp or whatever hole they pulled you from. We don't fight drunks and chase bank robbers, just make sure the pup stays on the leash and nobody fails to pay the park fee. We don't need to run a mile, climb a wall or drag a dummy. If Wal-Mart gave out take home cars, I would be money ahead to leave.
    But hey, training injuries are covered by workers comp for more easy money so bring on the training jar head..........

Dear Guest,
    First and foremost I am not a military person. I have never been active duty or reserves in the military. I was never "pulled from a hole" as you suggested. Just a well educated, well trained member of the criminal justice family.
    If you were more well versed in the area of training you might understand that law enforcement officers (even DEP) might actually be required to perform REAL law enforcement duties at some point and time in their career. DEP isn't just about writing tickets for damageing sea grass or making sure no one is naked in the park. Your comments are actually a disgrace to your fellow officers who actually do their job effectively and with pride. If not properly trained to handle the situation then it becomes a liability for the department for failure to train. I respect the fact that DEP believes in training and is actually trying to prepare their officers for what might one day come their way. If you recall agencies were deployed to other areas during hurricanes and not just to the local State Parks to wander around trying to catch Fluffy not on a leash. While deployed in other areas, SOME officers actually had to use their law enforcement skills to perform REAL law enforcement duties. What scares me more than anything is the fact that you are potientially an officer in the State of Florida who might have to back up another officer at some point. I would be scared for that officers safety knowing that.
    The other sad part is that you are actually willing to admit that you would just rather be a parking lot attendant, buggy collector or door greeter. If this is a so-called retirement job for you then you should be a little more concerned for the public and other officers and not so selfish as to pretend to be a law enforcement officer. If carrying the badge and having the car with flashy lights is the only thing that can help you get your rocks off you have BIGGER problems to face.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast