That useless Air Unit! - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: That useless Air Unit!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You all can keep arguing among yourselves if you like but the Air Unit is disbanding regardless. I advise Tod, Tim and Odie to pick which shifts they want quickly before it gets picked for them. Each will be an asset wherever they land.
    I'm with the sheriff on this. I think the air units are valuable. But I understand cuts have to be made and decisions have to be made. I don't envy the person who has to make those decisions. If the man who was hired to control the budget feels it's necessary to make those cuts, I support him and I will continue to do my job.

Who is willing to sacrifice to save the air unit?

For every 15 officers or employees who volunteer to take a voluntarily 10% pay cut for the next year, one officer or pilot will not be cut.

Next year the budget will be evaluated again after the budget decisions are made about how much will be budgeted for the Sheriff's Office. If there is sufficient budget funds to fund the air unit out of the budget, those who took the pay cut will have their pay brought back to where it was before they took the voluntary pay cut.

In order to save all six air unit positions it will be necessary for 60 employees to make the sacrifice unless some volunteer for an even bigger pay cut. This voluntary pay cut proposal is not limited to deputies. Correctional Officers and non sworn can also participate.

The only other alternative is to cut six other positions and to retain the air unit. Are there any who will volunteer to be the first of those six to be terminated?

Sign up here. No need to remain anonymous for this sign up as in order to implement your name will have to be submitted to finance to start the pay cut paper work.

Who will be the first to make the sacrifice and be a martyr?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The only other alternative is to cut six other positions and to retain the air unit. Are there any who will volunteer to be the first of those six to be terminated?

Who will be the first to make the sacrifice and be a martyr?
    I nominate the Aikens and the friend first. Throw in some useless captains, the major, Joan C, David C and you will have more than enough to fund the air unit. Our aircraft do more police work in one night than any of those phucksticks have ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by guest12346
    Quote Originally Posted by guess
    Just went back and reviewed his informercials and his debates. Just as I do when he is miss-quoted. Once again, just as many did about that un-educated comments. He never sais he wants to get rid of the units. In FACT, he sais everything is on the table. The examples that you are giving are nothing more than POSSIBLE alternatives. Just as his comment about us was taken out of context with the help of union. He was talking about the supervisory staff. Not me. darn, your just looking for reasons to not give him a chance. Hey, I know what, you do the job that your directed to do and let him handle his 6.5 million budget cut. If you don't think it's right, then run for the office yourself. Meanwhile I will be working a promotion.
    Well apparently you should have looked at his interviews instead of his infomercials because you would have seen that nothing was taken out of context in them. He said nothing about supervisors when he made his uneducated comment.

Also, have you noticed that a red dotted line shows up under any word you misspell? Try using it. Apparently you have relied to heavily on the report takers to make you look and sound educated. I have never seen "says" spelled "sais". That was really brilliant. If you happen to get promoted heaven help us.
    Ok, what interview specifically. I have most in computer now.

sorry about spelling. I wish I was smarter, but I have to deal with what I've got. Hey, guess what, even though you said I'm a bad speller does not change the fact I still support you as a law enforcement officer.

I made a phone call and found out that we have 3 civilian (retired military) pilots who pull a full retirement salary and 3 deputies that each deputy makes less than 40K a year. One deputy is a certified pilot, "rated" as it was told too me, to fly helicopters. Lets do some easy match and save some money this way:

We know the deputies are here to stay since its their career, not a second job. Fire two of the civilian pilots, move the deputy to a pilot position and with the last civilian pilot, we would have two shift and have them work 12 hour rotations. That would save 80K not including benefits, which would top out above 100K if you include the benefits and retirement benefits paid. That would give us 2 pilots and 2 deputies, 7 days of a helicopter and have them work the busiest time like 1400-0200. It makes no sense when they start at 0700 anyway, whats going on at 0700 other than a hot doughnut sign????

"The only other alternative is to cut six other positions and to retain the air unit. Are there any who will volunteer to be the first of those six to be terminated?"

Melissa Aiken, David Craig, R. Frye, R. Nix, M. Aiken's Friend.

Only 5 but:

Total: $290,000

Add in benefits and you have the air unit.

Just to make you more mad:

Escambia County Sheriff's Office
    1,114 employees as of June 2007
    Total Salaries: $41,966,489
    Average Salary: $37,672
    No. of employees making less than
    $30,000 a year: 348 or 31.2%
    $35,000 a year: 689 or 61.8%
    $40,000 a year: 766 or 68.8%

http://inweekly.net/article.asp?artID=5108

Look at where the new hires are in relation to everyone else.

Only 5 but:

Add in benefits and you have the air unit.

Quoted for truth!

[quote="Guest"]"The only other alternative is to cut six other positions and to retain the air unit. Are there any who will volunteer to be the first of those six to be terminated?"

Only 5 but:

.......................And with my idea combined with your idea, thats almost $400,000!!!!!!!!!!!

If you gave up your take home cars you'd make up a large portion of the 6.5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan is my hero
    If you gave up your take home cars you'd make up a large portion of the 6.5 million.
    Hey Brainiac, since your either a disgruntled civilian who recently had their car taken away or a jealous citizen, go to another county as a passenger in a vehicle as this below story illustrates. When you return with your "turban", you'll be thankful for Escambia Deputies:

Traffic Stop

Two men are driving through Texas when they get pulled over by a State Trooper. The cop walks up and taps on the window with his nightstick.

The driver rolls down the window and WHACK, the cop smacks him in the head with the stick. The driver asks, "What the hell was that for?"

The cop answers, "You're in Texas son. When we pull you over, you better have your license ready when we get to your car."

The driver says, "I'm sorry, Officer, I'm not from around here."

The cop runs a check on the guy's license, and he's clean. He gives the guy his license back, walks around to the passenger side, and taps on the window.

The passenger rolls down the window and WHACK, the cop smacks him on the head with the nightstick.

The passenger asks, "What'd you do that for, sir?"

The cop says, "Just making your wish come true."

The passenger asks, "Making what wish come true?"

The cop says, "I know that two miles down the road you're going to say to your buddy, "I wish that arshole would've tried that shizt with me!"

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast