this is really getting old - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: this is really getting old

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakingYourMind
    Enough said. Now, where is your commander and how are they dealing with your fowl mouth and terrible insinuations?
    Kentucky Fried or Church's Fried? - the word is foul not fowl (that means a bird).

Charity event is coming.
    I need people to join.

To be fair , keep this years Gasparilla list. When next year comes around give the ones who had the 10, 12 and and on up hour shifts 5, 6 or 8 and vice versa for the ones who the fewest hours. Also This notion that TPD wants to keep the same Deputies in their previous years position does not sound right. I have worked 5 of these and not once have I been re-assigned to the same post or hours. Some people have recieved the same 12 - 14 hour shift every year and rub it in every chance they have. This is just a suggestion to make it fair for all and this is not a bash on the Off duty girls. They have a lot to deal with and cant make everyone's wishes come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    To be fair , keep this years Gasparilla list. When next year comes around give the ones who had the 10, 12 and and on up hour shifts 5, 6 or 8 and vice versa for the ones who the fewest hours. Also This notion that TPD wants to keep the same Deputies in their previous years position does not sound right. I have worked 5 of these and not once have I been re-assigned to the same post or hours. Some people have recieved the same 12 - 14 hour shift every year and rub it in every chance they have. This is just a suggestion to make it fair for all and this is not a bash on the Off duty girls. They have a lot to deal with and cant make everyone's wishes come true.
    I've got an idea how about EVERYONE STOP COMPLAINING! It's like this every year, "Oh he got more hours than me" so what, just be happy you got some hours. I've heard certain supervisors with brass bars complaining that they didn't get enough hours, thats crazy. What you don't make enough in your paycheck? These people are going to mess it up for everyone else because we all know whats going to happen next year if the complaints don't stop. Yep we will have 0 hrs.

How do you expect people to stop complaining? There are people that follow the rules and do what ever the off duty policy says but get screwed out of details by the same names over and over again. There are deputies that worked multiple superbowl shifts for the last several days but yet the majority of deputies were only allowed to take one shift if they were lucky enough to get one. And to top it off, why were reserve deputies taking details away from deputies? They a "reserve deputies" which as far as I understand should be called when spots were not filled by full time deputies. The off duty office needs to be closely looked at by someone who is not affected by the two that are currently running the show. They know the program inside and out so when they want to give someone an advantage in getting a certain shift, guess what, you loose out on the detail because it will not be there at 4:45 pm when it should be. Thanks for listening, to those that got a piece of the supebowl details, enjoy the pay. To those that missed out, stand by, things will change. :twisted:

I suppose the offduty program will always be a problem in some sort of way. It was originally setup to help those deputies that needed a little extra cash (i.e. wife's birthday), but it seems to have gotten way out of hand. Its always been a sore spot in the department; perhaps because someone is always an embarrassment or not doing their job properly and then it is brought to the attention of the sherifff. Having two chickadees that are more interested in whom they can date or mess around with that become friendly with certain ones brings the argument we are having now. The selection of these two people was a mistake and will continue to be until we collectively take matters into our own hands - once again. Lets write down the problems, what we know to be the truth; and come up woth solutions and take them to our Captain. :evil:

C'mon J., reply, it's time for another professional tirade. Show us your IQ once again!

This is a good idea people keep complaining and admin will not let us work with Tampa at all next year. Hey if we complain enough maybe we can get off duty taken away completely. There were a set number of details, not enough for everyone to get as many hours as they felt they were entitled to. I was not able to get a Superbowl detail...so what I was able to pick up 2 other details locally. Is the off-duty process perfect no but a majority of it has been taken out of the Off-duty girls hands. Mark my words keep it up and we will all end up with nothing so quit your complaining and move on. If you feel you there is a problem put your name on a formal complaint and have it investigated and get the problem corrected, I have a feeling there will be none because then there will be nothing to complain about. Remember off-duty is not a right be thankful we have it at all. Just my .02 go ahead Flame away all you complainers.

Charity is more important.

I'm don't work offduty enough to comment on the special nods or not, but I thought the off-duty girls were "together" batting for the same team.
    I saw them at a party together in Myakka a while back and they looked like an item to me.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast