Privacy Tips About Posting Photos/Pictures
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Privacy Tips About Posting Photos/Pictures

To all posters who want to post pictures in posts:

PLEASE CREATE A SEPARATE PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT OR WHAT EVER SERVICE YOU WANT TO USE TO POST PICTURES ON HERE or MAKE SURE THE ACCOUNT IS SET TO PRIVATE. YOU DO NOT WANT TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL PICTURES WITH OUR READERS.

When you post pictures on here, using Photobucket and similar services, it leaves a trail to your account if it's not set to privated. Others can then see the other Albums in your account. This could include photos that include friends, family, or other SENSITIVE photos that you don't want shared with readers on here.

Remember, either use a separate account or set your account to PRIVATE. In Photobucket, just click on Account Options near the upper right hand corner to get to the screen to set it to PRIVATE.

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Re: Removed Thread "What's Wrong With This Picture?"

I for one can certify MOD 1's advice.
    Keep your album or blog or whatever your using : as private
    Build it under an alias ~ which is very easy to do.
    Do not allow simple access to your entire site.

If you feel someone is trying to undercover you,
    Simply change.
    Simply start over again using something else.
    The internet allows many, many possiblities, for you to express yourself.

I'd also advise you to research how to express yourself and when to do it as a LEO.
    There are Quite a few articles available.

Happy trails, my amigos !

Re: Privacy Tips About Posting Photos/Pictures

Picasso thanks for the feed back and the extra tips.

For those of you that don't know about Picasso, he is somewhat of a local celebrity in the Tampa Bay Area, in the Law Enforcement and Media Circles. Here is one recent article about him. Article on Picasso

Mod 1
    Mod 1

Terms Of Use

Mod 1, I'm sorry you chose to glorify this individual. While his artistic creations may be well done and momentarily humorous, they are undignified and basically something I would expect from a middle school child. I'm glad he is no longer a cop or dabbling at his works of art.

If you haven't been the target of someone's anonymous rantings then you probably wouldn't understand the humiliation and pain it brings. At least when your administrators/supervisors confront you, they are either face-to-face or an easily identifiable source and this does take courage. When you hide behind anonymous drawings or words, you become an unknown enemy. And this is scary.

This forum is full of posts that complain, criticize, and often denigrate both policies and people. That is one of the purposes of this forum....which is to be able to vent and relieve stress that is far too often brought on not by the work we do, but by the people who are put in charge. Most people here use words to facilitate the venting process. Picasso used pictures. After all, the saying goes "one picture is worth 1000 words". I personally don't see any difference between his venting in pictures and others venting in words, except he is infinitely more creative. Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Not impressed
    Mod 1, I'm sorry you chose to glorify this individual. While his artistic creations may be well done and momentarily humorous, they are undignified and basically something I would expect from a middle school child. I'm glad he is no longer a cop or dabbling at his works of art.

If you haven't been the target of someone's anonymous rantings then you probably wouldn't understand the humiliation and pain it brings. At least when your administrators/supervisors confront you, they are either face-to-face or an easily identifiable source and this does take courage. When you hide behind anonymous drawings or words, you become an unknown enemy. And this is scary.
    1. I didn't glorify anyone. I simply thanked Picasso for his input into helping others protect their privacy. Then I introduced Picasso to those who might not know who he is, along with an article telling about him.

2. I have been the target of many anonymous rantings on here. I let them slide right off of me. I learned years ago not to let things like that bother me. I have many more important things in life to worry about.

3. "When you hide behind anonymous drawings or words, you become an unknown enemy. And this is scary." What would you call your post?

Mod 1
    Mod 1

Terms Of Use

Picasso is a genius! Obviously you are a head up the butt supervisor if you are complaining about Picasso like that. You supervisors think that you are "face to face" but your not. You hide behind your rank to carry out personal vendettas at work against your underlings. It is in middle school terms like the 7th graders picking on the 6th graders. It is humiliating to constantly get written up or suspended because of an over zealous supervisor just trying to make a name for themselves or trying to get you back for not saying "good morning" to them when every other time you did, they looked down their nose at you like you were some kind of turd. If you are just another officer, then maybe you are being ridiculed because you suck and no matter what people tell you, you refuse to better yourself. Try learning to be better, its not impossible. Picasso, we love you!

[quote=MOD 1]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not impressed":1dplib6w

1. I didn't glorify anyone. I simply thanked Picasso for his input into helping others protect their privacy. Then I introduced Picasso to those who might not know who he is, along with an article telling about him.

2. I have been the target of many anonymous rantings on here. I let them slide right off of me. I learned years ago not to let things like that bother me. I have many more important things in life to worry about.

3. "When you hide behind anonymous drawings or words, you become an unknown enemy. And this is scary." What would you call your post?

Mod 1[/quote:1dplib6w]

Mod 1 - you disappoint me. Now I consider you the same as most of the idiots who post on this site. Your attempt to be cunning in #3 speaks volumes about your level of intelligence. If my comments didn't bother you and you truly let so much slide off you then why respond in the manner you did? Obviously - it pinched your personal pride. BTW - the introduction as you call it is a form of glorification. It smacks of your approval. To compare this petty site with its ever shrinking audience to what the man in question posted on various forums is a joke. The exposure was much greater and thus more devastating. I have watched writers on this site criticize and humiliate others but when they were outed and there was retaliation, up went the roar of "not fair". If my post scares you I'm sure you will look up my ISP. I could care less, nothing about it was humiliating or defaming. You must be very sensitive although you claim otherwise.

Have a good night and try not to let this bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Picasso is a genius! Obviously you are a head up the butt supervisor if you are complaining about Picasso like that. You supervisors think that you are "face to face" but your not. You hide behind your rank to carry out personal vendettas at work against your underlings. It is in middle school terms like the 7th graders picking on the 6th graders. It is humiliating to constantly get written up or suspended because of an over zealous supervisor just trying to make a name for themselves or trying to get you back for not saying "good morning" to them when every other time you did, they looked down their nose at you like you were some kind of turd. If you are just another officer, then maybe you are being ridiculed because you suck and no matter what people tell you, you refuse to better yourself. Try learning to be better, its not impossible. Picasso, we love you!
    You are a turd. Try another occupation.

[quote=MOD 1]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not impressed":14mqaqag

Mod 1[/quote:14mqaqag]

Well put.

Protecting ones privacy should be considered by all LEO's, not just some. It's unfortunate that some LEO's try to expose people, and ruin lives. It happens, on a daily basis, and it shows just how unprofessional these so called professionals are.

Mod 1, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast