Clarification
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarification

Clarification

Just was wondering if anyone could clarify a couple of rumors that I have heard. When you take a conditional offer, do you have a choice of what reservation you are assigned to? Also, I have noticed some officers with multiple type police vehicles (Crown Vic/Charger/Ford F-150). Is this also a officer choice situation or does it depend of reservation/seniority? Thanks for your help in advance! Stay Safe!

Re: Clarification

No, you don't have a reservation choice. No, you do not have a vehicle choice. Brighton and BC have the F-150's, nobody has a Charger, and you will probably end up with a Crown Victoria.

Thanks for the reply bro! Your agency interests me as I begin to re-think my living situation and the SWFL policing style. If I may ask though, where is Brighton? Do you guys do much interdiction on the alley and if so, how much of the alley do you have?

I know you guys probably have better things to blog about, but by chance can someone reply to the above? Just would rather hear the real deal from the officers as opposed to anyone from the Admin/HR.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious-Cop
    Thanks for the reply bro! Your agency interests me as I begin to re-think my living situation and the SWFL policing style. If I may ask though, where is Brighton? Do you guys do much interdiction on the alley and if so, how much of the alley do you have?
    Brighton is in Okeechobee. We do not have any of the alley. I think you're confusing Seminole with Miccosukee.

Yeah I might have to two confused, not too familiar with the east-coast LE area. Can you give me some pro/cons of your agency though? I know there is no perfect agency out there, trust me on that one, but just looking for some helpful tips (both good and bad) on what to expect with your agency. Any information (reservations/shifts/man-power/specialty units/authority/mutual-aide/benefits/etc) you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Stay Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Curious-Cop
    Yeah I might have to two confused, not too familiar with the east-coast LE area. Can you give me some pro/cons of your agency though? I know there is no perfect agency out there, trust me on that one, but just looking for some helpful tips (both good and bad) on what to expect with your agency. Any information (reservations/shifts/man-power/specialty units/authority/mutual-aide/benefits/etc) you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Stay Safe!
    stay as ear away from seminole pd as possible!!!! you have absolutely no job security!!!!! You will come to work one day and be asked to resign because you knew too much and made made them uncomfortable. WORST DEPARTMENT IN SOUTH FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We hear a lot of rumors, when we ask lt. in Tampa he says he can not talk. We have heard the dept. is about to be turned over to BIA or Broward county SO. We will have no more SPD.

Is Will still going to be chief, or is he history? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by guest 101
    Is Will still going to be chief, or is he history? Does anyone know?
    ALL WE CAN HOPE IS THAT HE IS HISTORY!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast