Savannah Police

Thread: Savannah Police

Savannah Police

Looking for info. on this Dept. Thinking about applying ? Would like any advice, suggestions or pointers on what's their process like, morale and generals that anyone can provide especially for Officers who have first hand dealings . Im very interested in this Dept. Thank You for your time, looking foward to a informative reply.

Re: Savannah Police

do your own reserach like the web site and talk with fellow officers at the PD... getting info from this site is like drinking toilet water... very few people with constructive comments. Many l"ow morale, ethics, and immature officers" which does not represent the majority...I am talking about the entire site, not this PD as I have no first hand knowledge on this PD..

I have two buddies who work this agency both really seem to be enjoying it. One works patrol in the downtown area. The other works traffic on the DUI unit. Parts of the city have very high crime and you will work your ass off. Both guys seem to think admin supports them.
    They have a very unique narcotics unit which reports directly to the chiefs of every department in the county. They have 2 street level narc teams, one intel team, and 1 major case unit. They are pretty damn good and operate almost as their own agency. If your into narc stuff this is a pretty good place to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I have two buddies who work this agency both really seem to be enjoying it. One works patrol in the downtown area. The other works traffic on the DUI unit. Parts of the city have very high crime and you will work your ass off. Both guys seem to think admin supports them.
    They have a very unique narcotics unit which reports directly to the chiefs of every department in the county. They have 2 street level narc teams, one intel team, and 1 major case unit. They are pretty darn good and operate almost as their own agency. If your into narc stuff this is a pretty good place to work.
    I lived on Price & 38th from 2003 to 2006. That is a poor area of town. In general the police were not offensive, and in my experience, did their best according to their level of training. There are the following complaints.

'Officer' male Organ is just that. He should find honest employment in another profession. The way this man wields power as a (Bully) traffic cop would strongly indicate he is totally impotent in his personal life, and is busy screwing everyone on the streets to compensate.

Your traffic situation is such that your cops appear to be trained to bolster city income with an overly aggressive 'traffic control' program directed against the 'rich tourist' quite the traditional Old South 'speed trap' style scam

Your traffic tickets are used as a welfare supplement for your numerous incompetent lawyers, oh yea, after you skim most of the loot to pay for your judges, and maintenance on your courts, the remainder is used to pay defense lawyers to defend the poor under educated black population which are often 'guilty by reason of faulty police detective work'. This is not a complaint against Savannah Cops DOING their jobs, it is about the inevitable incompetence and mistakes that reasonably occur in the performance of their jobs (OFF.ORGAN excepted), and how the likes of the Aristocratic Old South Judges, and lawyers milk the system.

Your drug law enforcement is a joke. I inherited my apartment in Slumville from a beloved and quite dead (from gunshot) young drug dealer. Drugs and prostitutes were hawked at almost every corner. Do they still stage the mock raids on 'Miss Betties' Ye Olde Crack House on Seiler Ave & E.Broad ? I lived in the backyard house on 38th street for a year. The neighborhood 'crack whore' talked about one of your finest that had 'pistol f**ked in their youth when he picked her up on patrol one day. (i'm thinking Off. Organ - that's a sick joke, she did not give his name)

Give my regards to traffic Court Judge Clare WIlliams if she is still there. Let her know that even though I got 4 tickets in my three years in Savannah, I have gotten none now that I am in Hampton, VA. - gee, do you think my driving got better over night? Maybe it was all her good instruction and $ hundreds of dollars of fines $.

You guys patrol a great old town of Wealthy and Prosperous Old South residents, but it is a hell hole for those without funds. and your 'colored folk civil rights' of the late 1800's are not quite up to snuff, but then every thing about quaint Savannah is about 50 years behind the times.

What is the old saying about Savannah ? "The Jews own it, the Catholics, run it, the blacks live in it", still rings pretty true today.