Expose about the Secret Service - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Expose about the Secret Service

Quote Originally Posted by No Way #4
    Fair and Balanced re your 1/1/09 posting

With regard to the former agent"s possibly cooperating with Mr. Kessler; this was suggested by you in your initial posting. I did not nor do i now concede that he indicated an inclination to coooperate with Mr. Kessler. I merely offered a reason why he might be inclined to do so. As a matter of fact if you go back and read his postings on Oldstar and this forum, no where does he even mention Mr. Kessler. I believe several of his postings were dated prior to lthe subject of Mr. Kessler even appearing on Oldstar and they certainly pre-date this thread. Regarding Mr. Kessler, I merely offered my own opinion as to whether USSS personnel should cooperate with him. You obviously don't agree with that opinion and that is fine, but on the other hand you can't look into the minds of "hundreds of agents who transferred from USSS to other federal agencies" and others besides the "miniscule percentage of the membership and even smaller number of the total retired employees of the USSS and thousands of whom are not members of FAA". you mention in your post and determine their opinion regarding this matter. I stand behind my statement that 99.9 % of the membership of FAA that stated their opinion that they will not cooperate with Mr. Kessler.
    Of course he mentions Mr. Kessler. Most specifically he calls him by name in his message numbered 4265, titled Re:Ronald Kessler - author.

Actually, if you read his message number 4265 on the association message board you will see he says that a former agent has advised him that he called the Office of Public Affairs and that they encouraged him to cooperate with Mr. Kessler in any way possible as long as he did not discuss protective methods. He also says that MANY (his emphasis) former agents, both association members and non-members are working with Mr. Kessler on the project. He also says he has not made up his mind about participating but then adds that he knows many interesting stories that would make for a great pro-USSS book. I see this, along with other positive statements he has made, as an inclination to cooperate.

I continue to see this issue as primarily one of the impropriety of Mr. Kessler having obtained a copy of our confidential membership list either from an association member or, more likely perhaps, from someone in the Office of Public Affairs. Has the Association BOD inquired of the AD Public Affairs regarding whether or not that office provided the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Kessler
    Ronald Kessler, NY Times best-selling author, is asking for input now for a book he is writing about the US Secret Service. To contact Mr. Kessler, go to his site http://www.ronaldkessler.com
    Thanks for the site address.

He appears to be a highly reputable author with many excellent books to his credit. The down side may be that he apparently gives both the good and the bad about an organization so there may be some people who will be so anxious to cover up the bad (which we all know is there) that they will withhold giving him information about the good.

[quote=Fair and Balanced]
    Quote Originally Posted by "No Way #4":2d6581f6
    Fair and Balanced re your 1/1/09 posting

With regard to the former agent"s possibly cooperating with Mr. Kessler; this was suggested by you in your initial posting. I did not nor do i now concede that he indicated an inclination to coooperate with Mr. Kessler. I merely offered a reason why he might be inclined to do so. As a matter of fact if you go back and read his postings on Oldstar and this forum, no where does he even mention Mr. Kessler. I believe several of his postings were dated prior to lthe subject of Mr. Kessler even appearing on Oldstar and they certainly pre-date this thread. Regarding Mr. Kessler, I merely offered my own opinion as to whether USSS personnel should cooperate with him. You obviously don't agree with that opinion and that is fine, but on the other hand you can't look into the minds of "hundreds of agents who transferred from USSS to other federal agencies" and others besides the "miniscule percentage of the membership and even smaller number of the total retired employees of the USSS and thousands of whom are not members of FAA". you mention in your post and determine their opinion regarding this matter. I stand behind my statement that 99.9 % of the membership of FAA that stated their opinion that they will not cooperate with Mr. Kessler.
    Of course he mentions Mr. Kessler. Most specifically he calls him by name in his message numbered 4265, titled Re:Ronald Kessler - author.

Actually, if you read his message number 4265 on the association message board you will see he says that a former agent has advised him that he called the Office of Public Affairs and that they encouraged him to cooperate with Mr. Kessler in any way possible as long as he did not discuss protective methods. He also says that MANY (his emphasis) former agents, both association members and non-members are working with Mr. Kessler on the project. He also says he has not made up his mind about participating but then adds that he knows many interesting stories that would make for a great pro-USSS book. I see this, along with other positive statements he has made, as an inclination to cooperate.

I continue to see this issue as primarily one of the impropriety of Mr. Kessler having obtained a copy of our confidential membership list either from an association member or, more likely perhaps, from someone in the Office of Public Affairs. Has the Association BOD inquired of the AD Public Affairs regarding whether or not that office provided the list?[/quote:2d6581f6]

GOOD LUCK!

[quote=Good Luck]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Fair and Balanced":10ncjs7o
    I continue to see this issue as primarily one of the impropriety of Mr. Kessler having obtained a copy of our confidential membership list either from an association member or, more likely perhaps, from someone in the Office of Public Affairs. Has the Association BOD inquired of the AD Public Affairs regarding whether or not that office provided the list?

GOOD LUCK![/quote:10ncjs7o]

________________________________NEVER HAPPEN!!!______________________

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12