va police
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: va police

va police

What do you guys think about the va police now being in New port Richie

Re: va police

whats va police?

VA POLICE is Veteran Affairs Police. They have jurisdiction over the Veterans Hospitals (VA Hospitals). They are Federal Law Enforcement Officers. The Veteran Affairs Police Officers who patrol the West Pasco VA Hospitals are Headquartered out of the Veteran Affairs Regional Office in Downtown Tampa.

As for how I feel about the VA Police in New Port Richey, well....Quite frankly it doesn't affect me one way or another. I can tell you, however, that it's not bad to have additional LEO's floating around around the county. Especially on the West Side.

Merry Christmas to ALL...Stay Safe!

-The 10-43

what did I miss, why would they be patrolling NPR did the city become a VA hospital?

I have dealt with a few VA police and they are generally clueless, uniformed, armed guards.

they have absolutely no jurisdiction once they leave the VA parking lot so I don't know what difference it makes whether they are in the county or not. Just my opinion

With all the nuts running around Pasco and the VA it cant hurt to have them. One less call to go to!

Negative, because they are federal L.E., they can only prosecute federal crime. If some nuts amps out in the VA.....all they will do is detain them, call the SO, then a road unit will have to respond to take care of that individual, transport to Harbors and write the report. If a serious crime occurs, ie shooting or battery of some kind, again SO will be called to handle that, too. It is still going to fall under state statute, not a federal crime.

They are considered federal L.E. for high-risk retirement purposes, but that doesn't mean they can enforce state law. It's unfortunate but true, same with Coast Guard L.E., U.S. Customs, etc.

Oh, well, Merry Christmas, road dogs!

Having them there will reduce calls. We wont respond to the BS lost car, s22 verbal etc. Glad to have them!

I guarantee you, we will still be responding......

Pretty clear to me your glass is half empty. Having them there will reduce calls to that facility. Will we respond to the big stuff, yes, but it will help. Glad to have them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast