Top Heavy??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Heavy???

Re: Top Heavy???

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I see a Davis Productivity Award in your future.
    *******NEWS FLASH*******The name for the Davis Productivity Award has been changed to the "Beverly Blankenspit Smoke and Mirrors Award." Please get those car reports in on time.

Come on people!!! There is no reason to spread your brand of hate to BB. She has done nothing to you and caused you no problems, yet you feel the need to smack her around on this site. I have identified the core issue for you haters. It is jealousy. That's right, you can't stand for someone to even have the perception that they may be doing better than you. This agency has changed - maybe you should too!! Just look at the posts here as an example. Read some of the nonsense. There is no way any of you would say it to their faces, yet you come on here and blast away like coal miners! You take shots at a captain for accred, snipe at another one for making an arrest, knock a senior agent for wanting to help with the union, make fun of an agent who gets tased,
    accuse varoius other supervisors of everything from incompetence to theft, beat up on a couple majors, convict an angent for DV, and that has just been the last few weeks. You think so little about yourselves why would you expect the public to think any better of you?
    The legislatures are meeting in a couple weeks to hack away at what is left of the state budget. Do yourself a favor - stay off this site with your crap and think of something positive to post. It may be the very thing that keeps you employed.
    Back to BB - she has been a loyal employee of abt for longer than most of you posting here. She has done what has been asked of her and always supported this agency. I would expect nothing less from you.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

I have no problems with BB at all. My only contention is that if your title is LEI II, then you should be doing the job of an LEI II. If you want to continue being a secretary, then you should do so under the appropriate title. If she still wants her tin while doing secreterial work, then just make her a reservist who earns AA II pay. I think BB should do what makes her happy, but ABT needs to do what is right.

I have no qualms against the supervisors or administration individually...it is all about maximizing the workforce. Lets face it, more than half of the supervisors we have should not be in those positions; not because of incompetence, but because those positions should have never existed to begin with.

The problem has been that Direcor after Director has created positions and promotions for different reasons, and none of them have stopped to ask why we have so many people in command. So, the number of supervisors has grown to the point where we are now at just about a two-to-one ratio. This by itself has been a source of mis-spending. Now, add to that all the other nonsense that has happened throughout the years, and you see why the state is in such a deep depression. ABT is not the only cause or agency, of course, but it is one of the strongest examples. If ABT has wasted millions, imagine what DBPR has wasted as a whole...then factor in all the other state agencies that have done the same, or even worse!

I think the financial crisis has placed alot of heat on the administrations, who are going to have to answer for years of bad practices. Unfortunately, it is going to be rough, but at the end I think we're going to see some very necessary changes.

Come on people!!! There is no reason to spread your brand of hate to BB. She has done nothing to you and caused you no problems, yet you feel the need to smack her around on this site. I have identified the core issue for you haters. It is jealousy. That's right, you can't stand for someone to even have the perception that they may be doing better than you. This agency has changed - maybe you should too!! Just look at the posts here as an example. Read some of the nonsense. There is no way any of you would say it to their faces, yet you come on here and blast away like coal miners! You take shots at a captain for accred, snipe at another one for making an arrest, knock a senior agent for wanting to help with the union, make fun of an agent who gets tased,
    accuse varoius other supervisors of everything from incompetence to theft, beat up on a couple majors, convict an angent for DV, and that has just been the last few weeks. You think so little about yourselves why would you expect the public to think any better of you?
    The legislatures are meeting in a couple weeks to hack away at what is left of the state budget. Do yourself a favor - stay off this site with your crap and think of something positive to post. It may be the very thing that keeps you employed.
    Back to BB - she has been a loyal employee of abt for longer than most of you posting here. She has done what has been asked of her and always supported this agency. I would expect nothing less from you.
    I see what you are saying, but your logic is flawed. For example, a bird flies over your car and takes a big poop on the roof of your car. When you wash your car do you just leave it there because its been there for a while or do you do the right thing and wash it off.

The poster was just trying to make a point that BB and the State of Florida would be better off if she was appropriately titled for the work she is producing which is basically a AAII. Lets face it, I ran a report before I posted and she has not made a single arrest or had a single enforcement action since she has been in her sworn AAII position. She's getting a high risk pension for passing out equipment. Just something to think about!

:lol: All of you just need a big hug from the 3 majors. Then let the 3 Lts give you a hug and you will feel so much better. If that doesn't then you all give the Capts. a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Just an agent
    The economy sucks nation wide, and here even more. The cuts are going to happen, and there's no way around it. My suggestion is to cut down on the 50-something supervisors for the approximate 110 agents. Here's how:

1 - get rid of the "Chief's Office" supervisors**
    2 - demote the three Majors to Captain (with Captain's pay)
    3 - demote the Captains to Lieutenant, and reduce the pay accordingly
    4 - demote all the Lieutenants to Agent, and reduce pay accordingly
    5 - give the admin cases to Legal, so they can write them up
    6 - tell BB that she either does field work, or changes her title back to an AA II

**We can keep Mikie as the LT in charge of the training/equipment, and everything else he does...he does work for it.

If that can be done, we'll save the state millions. Let's not forget other things that can be implemented to bring in money, such as citations, raising the fees and fines, elevating alcohol and tobacco taxes, etc.
    Keep Mikie???? I have known that retard for years and he probly the first one that needs to go cause he probly does the least of everyone. Afterall what was "Outreach" for crying out loud! Thanks for the suggestion though thats why you make what you make. :lol:

:lol: All of you just need a big hug from the 3 majors. Then let the 3 Lts give you a hug and you will feel so much better. If that doesn't then you all give the Capts. a hug.
    Best post ever! I agree! So at 3:00 PM tommorrow lets all stop and hug everyone in the office. I already feel better just thinking about it....wait I am getting warm all over...ohhhhhh...hold on...almost......almost,,,,,,almost...hold on......almost...oopps...gee thanks!

Best post ever! I agree! So at 3:00 PM tommorrow lets all stop and hug everyone in the office. I already feel better just thinking about it....wait I am getting warm all over...ohhhhhh...hold on...almost......almost,,,,,,almost...hold on......almost...oopps...gee thanks!
    The sad thing about this is we really are top heavy and your jokes and bashing people is not going to help. Move RC to Pamana City, the center of his district, make CT's job a civilian position, don't replace the training Capt (Walt will be back and could actually file a grievance for not getting to interview--the rights of military active duty or does anyone even know that?) Mikie and BB can handle everything without a capt, just report to the Major. Demote JY and put him back in a district. That wouldn't solve all the problems, but it's a start.

As I type this, the director and chief are pacing the halls, unable to sleep. The secretary is equally stumped. They just can't formulate a solution. Do them a favor and help them out. Send them your solution. You can do it just as easily as you posted it here. I am sure they would appreciate your insight. Who knows?? You may become part to the inner circle as well.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast