Top Heavy??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Heavy???

Re: Top Heavy???

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Tallahassee district office does not need a Capt. and should be run by a LT-if for some reason the LT could not help an agent and they need a higher up, there is always a Major, a Chief, a Director, a Deputy Director, and a Secretary nearby, in the same building.

Speaking of Tallahassee, across the hall two LT's sit with a useless Capt. and do the following: Office inspections that could be done by a nonsworn, running statistical reports that is actually done better by a nonsworn, and making accreditation files that could be done by a nonsworn, if it was even necessary for this agency to continue to seek accreditation. The agency saw not one single positive outcome of accretitation. It did not improve anything. Now, 3 years later, everyone sees that it was just a way for some very nasty people to retaliate against alot of ABT agents without seeming to retaliate against alot of ABT agents. Everyone except two Capt.s would like to see the agency stop the insanity and stop seeking useless accretitation.

So scratch off two useless and unworthy Capt.s and two useless and clueless LT's from Tallahassee's finest. Do they really need an agent to help a LT put things into storage and drive new cars around? Both of them could be put to better use. Give that LT a squad and put the agent back to work.

Majors? Some are valuable. Some are not. The ones with no prior ABT experience have shown that they are a roadblock that agents have to work around, not an asset to ABT. Eliminating the positions of know-nothing Majors during tough budget times is a NO BRAINER. The more inexperienced Majors they get rid of, the better off ABT will be.
    This person is at least right about one thing, positions do need to be cut from HQ. I just heard that they were sending Blankenspit to the academy to be a DT instructor. I had to clean the wax from my ears when I heard this and ask the person to repeat themselves to make sure I heard this correct. Who is she gonna teach? The items in the surplus room? The car report database? Or is Tallahassee doing this to use her against all the employees that complain when they have to take furlows?

Maybe Tallahassee should sign her up for an FTO program since she left a sworn position for more than a year and returned. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the policy state that if you have a break in service over a year you have to go through the FTO program again?????????????

She gonna go to firearms too. What you going do about it arse wipe?! Quick, turn left.....Home Depot is on the right.

She gonna go to firearms too. What you going do about it arse wipe?! Quick, turn left.....Home Depot is on the right.

Its not like ABT uses the "certified" instructors they have in the first place.... but that's ok. I can work at the academy teaching in between my Home Depot and drive by inspections. LOLz

Why can't you just except the fact that you all are not supervisors and never will be a supervisor. It wouldn't be top heavy if you sorry asses was a supervisor. So blow it out. Why can't you people just get your sorry asses out and go to work.

I agree with you that some at ABT are not carrying their weight. Three Captains in the Tallahassee office? Incredible. One to make accreditations suggestions and "interpret policy" for the chief, one to manage an office with less than ten agents, and one to do "chief's office work" whatever that is. That is a sad state of affairs and really, ABT could do without all 3.

Three Majors? What do they do? Do they re-draft ABT's failed policies that Tolboy and Caver stole from Jefferson County? Nope. Do they manage the day to day operations of a district? Nope. Do they initiate any enforcement operations or bring anything to the table in terms of beverage experience? Nope. What do they do? That is a sad state of affairs and really, ABT could do without all 3.

Three LT's in Tallahassee? One for driving cars around, one for running reports from licensise, one to hold the accreditation files. That is a sad state of affairs and really, ABT could do without all 3.

If you are an agent in Tallahassee, and I applaud your patience and pain tolerance if you are, you have so many people supervising your work that you never do get around to doing actual work. There is always some dork who writes on these posts "Go to Home Depot." or "Go find a job because you are lazy." or "a nonsworn could do the agent's job." But I work here and I know that none of the agents in my office lazy, or going to Home Depot, or in need of another job. The agents have had their hands tied by bad policy and evil leadership. They are demoralized and paid poorly for the work that they do. Training is poor, opportunities to share expertise are few and far between, and communication is nonexistent. Tallahassee is out of touch with the agents and most, if not all of the Tallahassee crowd shows open hostility toward agents whenever they speak in front of some of them. It is time to cut some of them loose, re-assign others to see whether they can make it at ABT. and eliminate positions, and eliminate some of the most worthless supervisors who stand in the way of agents who want to do good work. Those agents are in the majority, those Tallahassee supervisors are in the minority. Sooner or later, the minority will have to answer to the majority.

\
    I agree with you that some at ABT are not carrying their weight. Three Captains in the Tallahassee office? Incredible. One to make accreditations suggestions and "interpret policy" for the chief, one to manage an office with less than ten agents, and one to do "chief's office work" whatever that is. That is a sad state of affairs and really, ABT could do without all 3.

Three Majors? What do they do? Do they re-draft ABT's failed policies that Tolboy and Caver stole from Jefferson County? Nope. Do they manage the day to day operations of a district? Nope. Do they initiate any enforcement operations or bring anything to the table in terms of beverage experience? Nope. What do they do? That is a sad state of affairs and really, ABT could do without all 3.

Three LT's in Tallahassee? One for driving cars around, one for running reports from licensise, one to hold the accreditation files. That is a sad state of affairs and really, ABT could do without all 3.

If you are an agent in Tallahassee, and I applaud your patience and pain tolerance if you are, you have so many people supervising your work that you never do get around to doing actual work. There is always some dork who writes on these posts "Go to Home Depot." or "Go find a job because you are lazy." or "a nonsworn could do the agent's job." But I work here and I know that none of the agents in my office lazy, or going to Home Depot, or in need of another job. The agents have had their hands tied by bad policy and evil leadership. They are demoralized and paid poorly for the work that they do. Training is poor, opportunities to share expertise are few and far between, and communication is nonexistent. Tallahassee is out of touch with the agents and most, if not all of the Tallahassee crowd shows open hostility toward agents whenever they speak in front of some of them. It is time to cut some of them loose, re-assign others to see whether they can make it at ABT. and eliminate positions, and eliminate some of the most worthless supervisors who stand in the way of agents who want to do good work. Those agents are in the majority, those Tallahassee supervisors are in the minority. Sooner or later, the minority will have to answer to the majority.
    Poor mistreated thang! We do love you! Find Jesus!

The economy sucks nation wide, and here even more. The cuts are going to happen, and there's no way around it. My suggestion is to cut down on the 50-something supervisors for the approximate 110 agents. Here's how:

1 - get rid of the "Chief's Office" supervisors**
    2 - demote the three Majors to Captain (with Captain's pay)
    3 - demote the Captains to Lieutenant, and reduce the pay accordingly
    4 - demote all the Lieutenants to Agent, and reduce pay accordingly
    5 - give the admin cases to Legal, so they can write them up
    6 - tell BB that she either does field work, or changes her title back to an AA II

**We can keep Mikie as the LT in charge of the training/equipment, and everything else he does...he does work for it.

If that can be done, we'll save the state millions. Let's not forget other things that can be implemented to bring in money, such as citations, raising the fees and fines, elevating alcohol and tobacco taxes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Just an agent
    The economy sucks nation wide, and here even more. The cuts are going to happen, and there's no way around it. My suggestion is to cut down on the 50-something supervisors for the approximate 110 agents. Here's how:

1 - get rid of the "Chief's Office" supervisors**
    2 - demote the three Majors to Captain (with Captain's pay)
    3 - demote the Captains to Lieutenant, and reduce the pay accordingly
    4 - demote all the Lieutenants to Agent, and reduce pay accordingly
    5 - give the admin cases to Legal, so they can write them up
    6 - tell BB that she either does field work, or changes her title back to an AA II

**We can keep Mikie as the LT in charge of the training/equipment, and everything else he does...he does work for it.

If that can be done, we'll save the state millions. Let's not forget other things that can be implemented to bring in money, such as citations, raising the fees and fines, elevating alcohol and tobacco taxes, etc.
    I think you may be on to something!!!! The only problem I have with it is you didn't take your restructuring far enough. Demote the last 50 agents hired to Inspectors, since they really don't know much more than test buys and inspections anyway. Happy Holidays

Good point, but at least by upping the agent count, we can detach the ones who do know what they're doing. That way, we can leave the narrow-minded "minors, minors, minors" people to do the only thing they can do...pretend it's important work.

One point I had forgotten to mention is that by Legal writing the admin cases, the one supervisor (LT) per office will be enough because the LT's won't review cases.

I see a Davis Productivity Award in your future.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast