12 hour shifts survey - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 12 hour shifts survey

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Wow Aren't You A Whiny Biotch. The real question is why would you want to work at all? Oh thats right you don't your a shade tree kinda guy right?

I said I seriously doubt 12's will happen, I don't want them myself, I like 10's but I know that ain't gonna happen either. And why am I not running things? Mmm... if I was we would have never laid off deputies, just some lazy azz civilians.

Have a nice night bucko.
    Youre typical of the uneducated cop. No debating skills, just insults and banter. Youre disdain for civilians tells me you are uneducated cop with a God complex. You must have the higher stats in the agency for uses of force, resisting without violence charges and no files. I'm sure you are impressed with yourself and disliked by most of the people you work with. You should be embarassed by your statements, but I bet you think we are all stupid. Well the loudest and mouthy ones have the most to prove and are puzzie azz cowards at heart.

Hahaha, that was great. I applaud your skills of analysis and detection however misguided and completely wrong they may be.

This is LEOAFFAIRS, if you haven't noticed if you don't come on here with your claws out and your teeth showing you'll be chewed up and spit into cyberspace. Man that was a really gay statement on my part.

The point is, 12 HOUR SHIFTS AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN SO ALL THOSE I WISH I MAY I WISH I MIGHT HAVE THIS WISH I WISH TONIGHT CAN, use the wish on something more likely. Like... I don't know I ran out of smartazz things to say...

Goodnight bucko.

deputyguest09

NO ONE REALLY GIVES A FLYING STOP STICK ABOUT YOU ROAD DOGS.

POINT IS YOU ROAD DOGS DRIVE AROUND MOST OF YOUR SHIFT PICK AND CHOSE YOUR TRAFFIC STOPS , TAKE CALLS , GO TO LUNCH , TAKE BREAKS, DUE AN INVEST SORT OUT THE FACTS AND CALL IN YOUR REPORT HAVE SOMEONE ELSE TYPE IT FOR YOU BIG DEAL ! SURE IT CAN BE DIFFICULT BUT IT'S PART OF THE JOB. MAYBE DRIVE TO CJ WITH A 10-15 OUR BETTER YET HAVE A JAIL GUARD PICK UP YOUR 10-15 AND DO IT FOR YOU. YOUR ABLE TO BE OUTSIDE AND BREATH REAL AIR, SOME EVEN SEE DAY LIGHT. AS FOR COURT YOU SIGN IN GO DO A DEPO, MOTION WHATEVER, THEN SIT ON YOUR AZZ IN COURT UNTIL CALL AND GET PAID FOR IT. BIG DEAL! LEAVE COURT GO HOME EAT, SLEEP AND REPEAT. YOU CHOSE YOUR JOB. JAIL GUARDS ON THE OTHER HAND FIND A PARKING SPACE, SIGN IN GO TO POST AND SIT ON OUR AZZS BREATH RECYCLED AIR NEVER SEE DAYLIGHT AND REPEAT. YOU SPEND A FEW MINUTES OR HOURS WITH A 10-15 WHILE WE TURN KEYS HAVE TO BABY-SIT THAT FIRST TIME DWSLR, OPEN CONTAINER INMATE FOR THE NEXT 8 HOURS TO A YEAR. I'D LIKE TO SWITCH JOBS WITH YOU FOR A WEEK. WE ALL CHOSE ARE JOBS AND GOT TO LIVE WITH THAT. I BELIEVE THAT 12 HOUR SHIFTS WOULD MOST BENEFIT THE AGENCY IF THEY WERE ON THE PATROL SIDE. AT LEAST NOW YOU WOULD HAVE TIME TO DO A PROPER INVEST CALL IN AN ACCURATE REPORT AND ATTEND COURT WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR CASE WOULD STICK. YOU MIGHT EVEN HAVE TIME TO GO SHOPPING, GET A HAIRCUT, SHINE YOUR SHOES, GO TO THE BANK, FIND A DATE AND HAVE MORE TIME AT CHOW WITH THE BRASS. MORE FUN SINCE YOU HAVE MORE TIME TO RUN YOUR LIGHT BAR TURN ON YOUR SIRENS AND CHASE A 99 YEAR OLD MAN FOR GOING 38 IN A 35. YOU MIGHT EVEN HAVE TIME TO GET A TATTOO. THINK OF IT MORE TIME ON YOUR CELL PHONES. 12' S IN PATROL WOULD BENEFIT THE CITIZENS. NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF DON’T FORGET THE EXTRA TIME FOR SPORTS WITH YOUR FAVORITE FRIEND.

I agree - 12 hour shifts would be more appropriate for patrol. I bet all those new deputies in patrol would love to have alternative weekends off and only work 15 days a month. It would give everyone a lot more time off and time to do some OT on special details. Someone should suggest 12 hour shifts for patrol on Strategies for Excellence. The chief deputy might be against the idea now but will accept it would save money when the new projected budget request is sent to the county commission in July. Think about all that money the agency will save by reducing the patrol night shift differential to 5%. The bottom line is that everybody wins with 12 hour shifts for patrol.

We all chose to "work" for this agency. That means you either saddle up and hang on for whatever rough times the agency has to endure or quite. Lately all I have been hearing is deputies *****ing about time off and whining about how they dont have enough personal time to do things. people, this is why it is called work!! This is also the thinking that brought this county/country to its knees. Cowboy up, do your jobs whether it is corrections or road and be happy because some day you'll be retired and sipping martini's on the beach somewhere. But to get to that preverbial "martini" you need to work hard and not lose site of why your here.
    Now if that doesnt make sense to you...go dig a ditch and really earn your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this'll really piss you off. I've had weekends off since I started at this place, from in-house to FTO to present so 12's don't mean a hill-a-beans to me. But an extra day or two off at a time would be really nice.

To our self professed turn-key friend up there. Your not cops and you didn't vote for the union. Your right we don't care what schedule your on or if you like your job or not. We recognize we have different jobs, we chose to be cops, you didn't, deal with it. If you don't like 12's vote for a worthless union like we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eight and the gate
    deputyguest09

NO ONE REALLY GIVES A FLYING STOP STICK ABOUT YOU ROAD DOGS.

POINT IS YOU ROAD DOGS DRIVE AROUND MOST OF YOUR SHIFT PICK AND CHOSE YOUR TRAFFIC STOPS , TAKE CALLS , GO TO LUNCH , TAKE BREAKS, DUE AN INVEST SORT OUT THE FACTS AND CALL IN YOUR REPORT HAVE SOMEONE ELSE TYPE IT FOR YOU BIG DEAL ! SURE IT CAN BE DIFFICULT BUT IT'S PART OF THE JOB. MAYBE DRIVE TO CJ WITH A 10-15 OUR BETTER YET HAVE A JAIL GUARD PICK UP YOUR 10-15 AND DO IT FOR YOU. YOUR ABLE TO BE OUTSIDE AND BREATH REAL AIR, SOME EVEN SEE DAY LIGHT. AS FOR COURT YOU SIGN IN GO DO A DEPO, MOTION WHATEVER, THEN SIT ON YOUR AZZ IN COURT UNTIL CALL AND GET PAID FOR IT. BIG DEAL! LEAVE COURT GO HOME EAT, SLEEP AND REPEAT. YOU CHOSE YOUR JOB. JAIL GUARDS ON THE OTHER HAND FIND A PARKING SPACE, SIGN IN GO TO POST AND SIT ON OUR AZZS BREATH RECYCLED AIR NEVER SEE DAYLIGHT AND REPEAT. YOU SPEND A FEW MINUTES OR HOURS WITH A 10-15 WHILE WE TURN KEYS HAVE TO BABY-SIT THAT FIRST TIME DWSLR, OPEN CONTAINER INMATE FOR THE NEXT 8 HOURS TO A YEAR. I'D LIKE TO SWITCH JOBS WITH YOU FOR A WEEK. WE ALL CHOSE ARE JOBS AND GOT TO LIVE WITH THAT. I BELIEVE THAT 12 HOUR SHIFTS WOULD MOST BENEFIT THE AGENCY IF THEY WERE ON THE PATROL SIDE. AT LEAST NOW YOU WOULD HAVE TIME TO DO A PROPER INVEST CALL IN AN ACCURATE REPORT AND ATTEND COURT WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR CASE WOULD STICK. YOU MIGHT EVEN HAVE TIME TO GO SHOPPING, GET A HAIRCUT, SHINE YOUR SHOES, GO TO THE BANK, FIND A DATE AND HAVE MORE TIME AT CHOW WITH THE BRASS. MORE FUN SINCE YOU HAVE MORE TIME TO RUN YOUR LIGHT BAR TURN ON YOUR SIRENS AND CHASE A 99 YEAR OLD MAN FOR GOING 38 IN A 35. YOU MIGHT EVEN HAVE TIME TO GET A TATTOO. THINK OF IT MORE TIME ON YOUR CELL PHONES. 12' S IN PATROL WOULD BENEFIT THE CITIZENS. NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF DON’T FORGET THE EXTRA TIME FOR SPORTS WITH YOUR FAVORITE FRIEND.

I bet you would like to switch jobs with patrol. The problem is no patrol deputy wants to work the jail. So you are either a tard for picking your job in the jail or were deemed not patrol material by the agency and are stuck with your lousy job. If you jail hacks don't wanna work the road then stop putting in transfers to try and come out to patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I agree - 12 hour shifts would be more appropriate for patrol. I bet all those new deputies in patrol would love to have alternative weekends off and only work 15 days a month. It would give everyone a lot more time off and time to do some OT on special details. Someone should suggest 12 hour shifts for patrol on Strategies for Excellence. The chief deputy might be against the idea now but will accept it would save money when the new projected budget request is sent to the county commission in July. Think about all that money the agency will save by reducing the patrol night shift differential to 5%. The bottom line is that everybody wins with 12 hour shifts for patrol.
    There was a question posted to the Sheriff about 8 months ago on Strategies for Excellence which dealt with 12 hour shifts in patrol. The Sheriff's response was that if Patrol wanted to go to 12 hour shifts it would have to be brought up through the union because our current labor agreement is for 40 hour work weeks.

I don't think the administration would be opposed to placing patrol on 12 hour shifts as long as it's wanted by the majority and suggested through the FOP. I believe the only reason we aren't on 12's right now is because of the older deputies who think it would be the worst thing in the world. the best way to put this issue to rest would be to speak to the fop about it and possibly try it out for a year and see if people like it. ive talked to others at various agencies and they said that in the beginning some people did not like the change over to 12 hours in the beginning but after about a year they liked it so much that the people who were initialy oppsed to it said thay would never go back to 8's.

The FOP should put it up for vote and if 12s pass, present the proposal to the administration.

Looks like EIGHT AND THE GATE had a good suggestion. Not bad for a jail hack with a GED. 12 hour shifts in patrol would benefit the troops as well as the communities it serves. Look at this way, patrol already has take home cars that they drive to their respective zones anyhow, and then back home, heck most of patrol spends at least 10-12 hours on duty as it is with drive times. Patrol will not lose their 5%, have more time for their regular duties and pick up special details as well. Not bad thing ! The way I look at it more time to conduct business and reap the benefits. As for the jail guards, give them a break. They do not have union representation or even a descent voice in any matters concerning their jobs. Yeah, us babysitters are paid the same as those in patrol, but we chose our jobs and that’s the way it is. People like me that work the jail are not authorized to do anything ( thank god ) because we have NO CLUE about your jobs. Most of us are NOT wanna be Patrol Deputies. We just want to provide for our families just as those in patrol do. Most of us senior lazy jail hacks just want to do eight and the gate. For those of you who were hired on at 12 hour shifts and those of you that want 12 hour shifts , you all can have them. Again 12’s for the real deputies would probably work out in the long run. The only reason 12’s were incorporated in this agency is for cost savings only. Less staff more work. It’s not that hard to understand. If we want to lead the way, I believe were going in the wrong direction. I’m only a jail hack that wears a similar uniform that the real commissioned, truly authorized deputy wears. But that’s where it ends. I baby-sit the alleged criminals that the hard working deputies put their life’s on the line for every day. What I’m getting at is let the jail guards have the eights and the real deputies have the 12’s, then our agency will be leading the way.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast