what happened? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what happened?

Re: what happened?

[quote=guest 5555]
    Quote Originally Posted by "K97 Truth or Fiction?":bngw8os1
    Post Deleted by Mod 1 due to violating the Terms of Use.
    As upset as you obviously are my friend, fact still remains that the two made a bad decision. Your soapbox on this site is not ging to change anything. Move on and let them rest in peace. It's not only the members of K9 that believe this. The family is wasting money that could be used for the childrens college. It' been a year, time to move on.[/quote:bngw8os1]

Let’s not disregard the fact that Greg made some pretty awful choices, too. Neither side is 100% responsible as all involved parties had their fair share in making inappropriate decisions. I hope if I got killed in the line of duty, this agency would not follow the same pattern of disregarding my family when in fact someone else is partially to blame.

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by guest 5555
    Quote Originally Posted by "K97 Truth or Fiction?":1sp5ubyc
    Post Deleted by Mod 1 due to violating the Terms of Use.
    Quote Originally Posted by guest 5555
    As upset as you obviously are my friend, fact still remains that the two made a bad decision. Your soapbox on this site is not ging to change anything. Move on and let them rest in peace. It's not only the members of K9 that believe this. The family is wasting money that could be used for the childrens college. It' been a year, time to move on.

Let’s not disregard the fact that Greg made some pretty awful choices, too. Neither side is 100% responsible as all involved parties had their fair share in making inappropriate decisions. I hope if I got killed in the line of duty, this agency would not follow the same pattern of disregarding my family when in fact someone else is partially to blame.[/quote:1sp5ubyc]

I don't know any of the Deputies that were involved in this, so I am unbiased in my thoughts on this.

I am guessing that all of your choices have been perfect. I am guessing that If you were in a similar type of pursuit where a Sgt was involved and knew what was going on, and did not call you off of it, that you would have made different choices than what was made that night.

I would love to meet you. I have never met the Perfect Deputy before.

Honestly, I am with holding judgment on whether Greg made the right choices or not. I was not there. Nor have I read, nor have I been briefed on the entire investigation. The Sheriff has obviously either read the investigation or been briefed on it enough to have made an intelligent decision. Unless someone were to present some factual evidence to prove other wise, I would have to support his decision.

If a Sgt is aware of a pursuit that is going on and does not cancel it, that is the same thing as approving it. Whether the Lt or Capt on duty that night want to acknowledge that fact or not is up to their conscience. If they had the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing, they would would back the Sgt and Greg 100% unless some factual evidence proved other wise. It sure sounds like the Sheriff is backing Greg.

With what I have heard so far, I would have to think that I would have done the same things that Greg did. I can honestly say that I would not have run into the road to remove Stop Sticks when I knew Patrol Cars were coming that way. My common sense would have told me that they would be coming fast, and that would not be a wise move. I never would have put them in the road with out the lanyards either.

But's that's just me.

Come on guys, PLEASE stop posting on this unfortunate event. Almost everyone here knows or has friends in the Canine Unit. Please do us this one favor and stop posting on this subject! For Greg’s sake, and for the brotherhood we have at the Sheriffs Office together, do not let this website pull us apart! It’s not hard to not post on here. This is what LEOAFFAIRS wants, don't feed into their crap! Let’s stick together at the Sheriffs Office and keep LEOAFFAIRS and everyone that is not part of the Sheriffs Office out of our business!

K9-7 (BG)

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

I just deleted another post. This anonymous poster made the implication that Florida State Statutes were violated.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Canine 7 please grow up. There is nothing wrong with discussing and even critiquing this incident. It is media worthy and it is very relevant to what we do as LEO's.

There is something to learn from this horrible tragedy. We will learn by discussing it, expressing our views, and respecting our differences. Some (and you included), for some reason, have much difficulty with being accepting of opposing or different views. Why? Whats the problem with it?

If its not your view, or the view of some of your colleagues, then it is written off as "crap" that apparently this forum perpetuates, according to you. We have to blame someone, so lets blame LEOAFFAIRS for this. If that's not good enough, let's criticize them for "just wanting to make money." All I can say about that is, it was a clever business idea and there's definitely a market for the forum. Just look how much posting goes on. I mean, after all, you (along with your buddies) are on here, right?

My guess is that Greg, Jonathan, and Donte would all be happy for the discussion that is taking place because if someone could learn from what happened, so that we don't have another tragedy like it, then it would all be worth it.

There is something wrong here. The incident is not being critiqued or just discussed! There are lies, rumors, guesses, and opinions that are being expressed. The investigation is complete. So now there are only facts concerning this case. Keep your opinions to yourselves, especially when it comes to another fellow brother. If you have a problem, speak to that person. How hard is that? Don’t come on a website (like you) and be an anonymous loud mouth about something you do not know about. You are telling me to grow up; at least you know who you are talking to. If you have a problem with what I say, come tell me. I work Wednesday – Saturday / 1900 to 0500. But you won’t, because just like 99% of the people that use LEOAFFAIRS, you will say things from behind your computer that you would not say to people’s faces. I don’t have a problem accepting different views, there is a difference between views, and rumors or lies! And obviously you need to comprehend a little better…I did not blame LEOAFFAIRS for anything but causing dissention between the brothers and sisters of the sheriffs office. It’s amazing to me that you could be happy about someone making money off of using ourselves against each other. You must be a real stand up person. If you think that discussing this in this form is going to stop an accident from happening, you have a lot to learn. How about this, get with me in person and we can discuss this all you want. All I ask is that we don’t air our dirty laundry for all to see. I don’t think that is asking to much. I hope that this post is a little more grown up for who ever you may be.

K9 – 7 (BG)

Who ever wrote this original blog is a complete ass clown and cannot be a cop. What happen out thier that night is nobdy's fault and could happen to any one who works the streets, and any who a cop knows that a fact! I can't believe some one would try to place blame on anyone involved in this situation. What happen that night is what happen when good men put thier lives on the line when they go to 10-08. No matter how you slice it. It is a part of doing business in Law Enforcement. Nothing I hate more than a f.....g monday morning QB!......... be safe out thier my brothers in green............e.b. :x :x

I don't work with you all, so I don't hear as much about the incident.
    Didn't one of the fallen deputies have a BAC? How far was he into his shift?

I understand his wife claims he had caugh medicine. How much caugh medicine do you need to drink to have the BAC he had?

I'm sure that probably clouded his judgement when he decided to walk into the roadway.

I am kind of believing that you don't work with us. I'm actually starting to think that you might be the Honorary Executive Director of the National Spelling Bee Association.

Quote Originally Posted by No Kidding?!?
    I am kind of believing that you don't work with us. I'm actually starting to think that you might be the Honorary Executive Director of the National Spelling Bee Association.
    he spends most of his time work'n your Mom

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast