Twas the Night Before Christmas - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Twas the Night Before Christmas

Since it takes one to know one, I guess that would make you a "good cop", I didn't realize "good cops" had time to sit around and reword children poems to vent their inequities. Anyone Officer in Polk County knows that Sheriff Judd is a politician and will jump at any opportunity to grandstand. However, He is a good leader and if you are so impressed with him and his agency, take Bartow Rd. to Bartow and submit your application.
    I'm sure with your 30 years of experience you'll easily get a position, since you are so unhappy in Lakeland. Could it be that years of being passed up for promotions has made you envious of people who have climbed in rank. You name some people in your poem that in their time on the streets were real ass kicking cops.
    It is obvious you are unaware of the responsibilities that come with leadership, eventually you have to leave the front lines, fall back, and make hard decisions. I was their when Cheif Boatner gave up his parade float position to man a post. I was also informed that someone almost got a taste of the front line Roger, but there were many spectators. Sometimes the hardest thing to do,is nothing. I'm not saying that he has made every right decision. I'm simply saying that, you sir are unqualified to judge him or any captain, Lt., Sgt., or "good cop" because you are not.....Merry Christmas I hope Santa brings you a application to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

Quote Originally Posted by silent majority
    Since it takes one to know one, I guess that would make you a "good cop", I didn't realize "good cops" had time to sit around and reword children poems to vent their inequities. Anyone Officer in Polk County knows that Sheriff Judd is a politician and will jump at any opportunity to grandstand. However, He is a good leader and if you are so impressed with him and his agency, take Bartow Rd. to Bartow and submit your application.
    I'm sure with your 30 years of experience you'll easily get a position, since you are so unhappy in Lakeland. Could it be that years of being passed up for promotions has made you envious of people who have climbed in rank. You name some people in your poem that in their time on the streets were real ass kicking cops.
    It is obvious you are unaware of the responsibilities that come with leadership, eventually you have to leave the front lines, fall back, and make hard decisions. I was their when Cheif Boatner gave up his parade float position to man a post. I was also informed that someone almost got a taste of the front line Roger, but there were many spectators. Sometimes the hardest thing to do,is nothing. I'm not saying that he has made every right decision. I'm simply saying that, you sir are unqualified to judge him or any captain, Lt., Sgt., or "good cop" because you are not.....Merry Christmas I hope Santa brings you a application to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.
    Well, it seems that you are very close to the COP. Perhaps you are one of his little minions that have been there to feed him information and "rat" out other officers. You might even be one of the three stooges that help maintain a death grip around the throat of LPD through personal agendas, favoritism, and incompetent management practices. You clearly have a great deal to learn about leadership and what it takes to be a leader. He is the COP, but he is no leader. He was chosen because City Hall did not want Mr. Charts & Graphs, or the Little Princess. He is lazy, and easy to manipulate. He won't stand up to the City Manager or City Commission, they are exactly what they want in a unionized police department.

If you really knew your LPD history as many who long served do, you would understand the politics of the "families" going back many years and how it has crippled LPD and made it merely a rest stop until officers find a better managed agency. You would understand all of this....unless of course you are really one of the family members who have profited and prospered by being part of the problem at the cost of great officers and a once proud agency.

Quote Originally Posted by silent majority
    "He gave up a float position to man a post." The North Gate at the P.D. Yep...that's the most important post of the parade. The least visible post, too. Lonewolf was at L.P.D. when policing was more than numbers and status. Every one of you people who cry the "go apply somewhere else" line is obviously someone who is part of the inner-circles of those who have a free ride to the top while you trample on the people below you just to get that status. Meanwhile, while the others who actually do the R.I.T.E. thing get the shaft or some bogus I.A. when they speak the truth and so on.

*yawn* next topic.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12