10% Cuts Confirmed - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 10% Cuts Confirmed

I was hired in the past 2yrs and I don't consider myself retarded for not looking. It's obvious there will be layoffs, but I don't necessarily think it will be new agents like everyone says.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I was hired in the past 2yrs and I don't consider myself retarded for not looking. It's obvious there will be layoffs, but I don't necessarily think it will be new agents like everyone says.
    Finally, someone who has a brain in his head! Thank you!!

HMMMMMMM. I would not want to be the farm on that belief. You had better look at the contract and see what it says about terminations and probationary employees. I would also find it hard to believe that FDLE could fire a senior employee over one with less time on unless there were performance issues that were WELL documented.

Aside from the above, I still believe that there will be an intervention, possible in the upcoming session, that will remove the possibility of layoffs at the end of the day. Although if I was a new hire, say within the last 3 classes, I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    HMMMMMMM. I would not want to be the farm on that belief. You had better look at the contract and see what it says about terminations and probationary employees. I would also find it hard to believe that FDLE could fire a senior employee over one with less time on unless there were performance issues that were WELL documented.

Aside from the above, I still believe that there will be an intervention, possible in the upcoming session, that will remove the possibility of layoffs at the end of the day. Although if I was a new hire, say within the last 3 classes, I would prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
    The contract doesn't mean anything to Tallahassee since they took away FTA pay and duty pay. These things were in the contract. Also, there was no intervention when they terminated/shafted 80 state probation officers back in June. Like with FDOC, there will be no intervention for FDLE. 45 SA's are no more important than 80 PO's in the eyes of the legislature.

Hate to rain on the rumors, but... I called Jim Futch this AM and asked what was going on. He gave me a full ten minutes of what was said, what was projected and applied the correct numbers, e.g. how many positions versus how many bodies. He also gave me a time table of when meetings were scheduled, what would be discussed and how I (we) could help. If you want what facts are out there, call your PBA rep. If you're too cheap or misinformed, have a member call. Oh, and make sure to learn how the PBA specifically spoke up for non-members with respect to hearing news from Car 1. Very enlightening. Good folks, hard work.

Keep your chin up and stay safe,

Seajay

Looks like you guys are SOL

Quote Originally Posted by SoFla Agent
    Hate to rain on the rumors, but... I called Jim Futch this AM and asked what was going on. He gave me a full ten minutes of what was said, what was projected and applied the correct numbers, e.g. how many positions versus how many bodies. He also gave me a time table of when meetings were scheduled, what would be discussed and how I (we) could help. If you want what facts are out there, call your PBA rep. If you're too cheap or misinformed, have a member call. Oh, and make sure to learn how the PBA specifically spoke up for non-members with respect to hearing news from Car 1. Very enlightening. Good folks, hard work.

Keep your chin up and stay safe,

Seajay
    So what was said and what can we do to help save jobs?

Nothing can be done to save our jobs. It is too late. FDLE has not done anything to create an identity and distinguish itself in the past year let alone the past 10 years. It's not that FDLE has a bad reputation or anything. It's that FDLE does not even have a reputation. Nobody knows who FDLE is or what they do. If I take a poll of the last 100 people that have asked me what I do for a living and I tell them what I do, 95% of them have never heard of FDLE or Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement. So why do people think that we are going to be able to convince people that we can not cut agents. They don't know what agents are or what they do b/c this agency does not understand something called public relations and a concept called marketing. This problem is much more complex than what your SAS's and SACs are telling you and what they are able to comprehend. I wish I could say that agents are not going to be cut by I think it is too late and this agency needs a complete makeover.

Well said. Everyone I talk to from the general public has no clue what FDLE is and what agents do. In fact, I'm not sure everyone in Tallahassee knows who we are...

That's because this agency got away from it's original intent....Cops helping other cops put the bad guys in jail! Now we're just an adminstrative agency for everything that come out of the capital. I&FS are the minority in this agency and that's not what was intended when it was created. Thanks TM for turning this place into a joke!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast