FHP-DOT MERGER '09 - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: FHP-DOT MERGER '09

Quote Originally Posted by DOTCOP II
    I agree with the merge needing to happen. They will alieviate some monies with the dismissal of some brass to help a little with pay, my opinion. If DOT officer's don't make the same amount as a road Tpr there will be hard feelings amongst the troops (us versus them attitude), thus providing low activity. Low activity equals loosing the FDOT funding, Fair is fair. The shoe wouldn't fit if on the other foot.
    They would match up the pay. There is no way they wouldn't. I hope to work with you guys soon! Be safe.

If any of you Legistators are reading this, PLEASE MERGE US WITH FHP ASAP!!! We need the $$$$$$$$$$$ and a patrol car that looks like somebody that can write a ticket to have a visual effect on traffic violators. These idiots look at our cars and think we can't stop them because it doesn't say "POLICE" or something they can comprehend. STATE OFFICER just don't cut it and don't get me started on our uniforms that DO NOT IDENTIFY US AS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!! I AM READY TO JUST PUKE ABOUT THE INACTION FROM HQ ON OUR UNIFORMS. FWC DID IT AND I'M NOT BUYING IT THAT THE LEGISLATURE WILL NOT LET US CHANGE IT. WACKENHUT badges say "officer" so that just don't cut it. SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of NUTS and tell these 'law makers' what we do.

WE DESERVE BETTER FROM HQ AND THE LEGISLATORS, WE ARE SICK OF EXCUSES, DO SOMETHING

LEGISLATORS AND HQ BETTER DO SOMETHING THIS YEAR, WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF EXCUSES, WE MAKE THE STATE $$$$$, BUT WE CAN STOP MAKING THE STATE $$$$, TOO

Quote Originally Posted by just a DOT
    If any of you Legistators are reading this, PLEASE MERGE US WITH FHP ASAP!!! We need the $$$$$$$$$$$ and a patrol car that looks like somebody that can write a ticket to have a visual effect on traffic violators. These idiots look at our cars and think we can't stop them because it doesn't say "POLICE" or something they can comprehend. STATE OFFICER just don't cut it and don't get me started on our uniforms that DO NOT IDENTIFY US AS LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!! I AM READY TO JUST PUKE ABOUT THE INACTION FROM HQ ON OUR UNIFORMS. FWC DID IT AND I'M NOT BUYING IT THAT THE LEGISLATURE WILL NOT LET US CHANGE IT. WACKENHUT badges say "officer" so that just don't cut it. SOMEBODY needs to grow a set of NUTS and tell these 'law makers' what we do.

WE DESERVE BETTER FROM HQ AND THE LEGISLATORS, WE ARE SICK OF EXCUSES, DO SOMETHING

Since you hate this department so much, just leave ... go enjoy being attached to a radio going from call to call, working every weekend and holidays, getting paid once a month. Some of us like what we do and feel the money will come in time, so just jump ship and shut your mouth.

[quote=Proud DOT]
    Quote Originally Posted by "just a DOT":2q2cfudg

Since you hate this department so much, just leave ... go enjoy being attached to a radio going from call to call, working every weekend and holidays, getting paid once a month. Some of us like what we do and feel the money will come in time, so just jump ship and shut your mouth.[/quote:2q2cfudg]

I'm pretty confident the merge is coming this year. Also, the money most likely will never come

updates?

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud DOT
    Quote Originally Posted by "just a DOT":cprvjprv

Since you hate this department so much, just leave ... go enjoy being attached to a radio going from call to call, working every weekend and holidays, getting paid once a month. Some of us like what we do and feel the money will come in time, so just jump ship and shut your mouth.
    [/quote:cprvjprv]

Amen! , We'll let you work all holidays , weekends , & midnights!! By the way dot officer's badges say "officer" , I should know. So go fill out the app. & make sure your raincoat fits for 10-65 sig -4 in the rain.

[quote=guest005]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud DOT
    Quote Originally Posted by "just a DOT":18ddijzb

Amen! , We'll let you work all holidays , weekends , & midnights!! By the way dot officer's badges say "officer" , I should know. So go fill out the app. & make sure your raincoat fits for 10-65 sig -4 in the rain.[/quote:18ddijzb]

You can't be serious, if you think our HQ is stepping up to the plate and working just as hard at their job as the rest of us do everyday, day in and day out, you are retarded. All I'm saying is if they ( HQ, Legislators, Gov) are working SO HARD to do us some good, I don't see it. They managed to find enough money to give FHP a 5% raise last year, but told our Col. we could not get a raise unless all state LEO's got it. Are you seeing the light yet? There was not enough money for a change in uniforms, NOBODY but us know we are law enforcement (have you been out in public lately) but, FWC got new uniforms, badges, hats and different markings on their vehicles. We got sexy little vests and some plastic holsters, oh, and new raincoats with pants, so we can work traffic on hurricane details and FHP can go ride around after they split the scene after the first 5 minutes. And if you ain't been working at least every other holiday and weekends you must not be a DOT officer, so get off this board. I can go to FHP and do 5 contacts a day, but, I do 76's anyway. It don't hurt my feeelings when I go to McDonalds or wherever and they have to yell out "does he get the police discount" and the reply is "NO THEY AI'NT THE POLICE". I politely tell them to just ring it up and don't go back there again. You probably pack a lunch since you love this job so much. We need CHANGE and even D1 told us he was mistaken for the hotel security at a conference in Orlando, even Wackenhut has 'officer; on their badges. I love what I do, and the authority we have is awsome, but we don't get any recognition for it. Look at other states DOT officers and see for yourself. Google other states and don't take my word for it. You've been in this vacuum too long. We want change but nobody is giving it to us, so if you think THEY are working as hard as YOU, get a life.

[quote=fed up...][quote=guest005]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Proud DOT":3q4595lb
    Quote Originally Posted by "just a DOT":3q4595lb

Amen! , We'll let you work all holidays , weekends , & midnights!! By the way dot officer's badges say "officer" , I should know. So go fill out the app. & make sure your raincoat fits for 10-65 sig -4 in the rain.[/quote:3q4595lb]

You can't be serious, if you think our HQ is stepping up to the plate and working just as hard at their job as the rest of us do everyday, day in and day out, you are retarded. All I'm saying is if they ( HQ, Legislators, Gov) are working SO HARD to do us some good, I don't see it. They managed to find enough money to give FHP a 5% raise last year, but told our Col. we could not get a raise unless all state LEO's got it. Are you seeing the light yet? There was not enough money for a change in uniforms, NOBODY but us know we are law enforcement (have you been out in public lately) but, FWC got new uniforms, badges, hats and different markings on their vehicles. We got sexy little vests and some plastic holsters, oh, and new raincoats with pants, so we can work traffic on hurricane details and FHP can go ride around after they split the scene after the first 5 minutes. And if you ain't been working at least every other holiday and weekends you must not be a DOT officer, so get off this board. I can go to FHP and do 5 contacts a day, but, I do 76's anyway. It don't hurt my feeelings when I go to McDonalds or wherever and they have to yell out "does he get the police discount" and the reply is "NO THEY AI'NT THE POLICE". I politely tell them to just ring it up and don't go back there again. You probably pack a lunch since you love this job so much. We need CHANGE and even D1 told us he was mistaken for the hotel security at a conference in Orlando, even Wackenhut has 'officer; on their badges. I love what I do, and the authority we have is awsome, but we don't get any recognition for it. Look at other states DOT officers and see for yourself. Google other states and don't take my word for it. You've been in this vacuum too long. We want change but nobody is giving it to us, so if you think THEY are working as hard as YOU, get a life.[/quote:3q4595lb]

Ya'll look like cops to me man. Also, from what I see, most States do not have a seperate DOT agency like Florida. Most States either the State Police or the Highway/State Patrol handle MCC.

[quote=fed up...][quote=guest005]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Proud DOT":6n9ro4o4
    Quote Originally Posted by "just a DOT":6n9ro4o4

Amen! , We'll let you work all holidays , weekends , & midnights!! By the way dot officer's badges say "officer" , I should know. So go fill out the app. & make sure your raincoat fits for 10-65 sig -4 in the rain.[/quote:6n9ro4o4]

You can't be serious, if you think our HQ is stepping up to the plate and working just as hard at their job as the rest of us do everyday, day in and day out, you are retarded. All I'm saying is if they ( HQ, Legislators, Gov) are working SO HARD to do us some good, I don't see it. They managed to find enough money to give FHP a 5% raise last year, but told our Col. we could not get a raise unless all state LEO's got it. Are you seeing the light yet? There was not enough money for a change in uniforms, NOBODY but us know we are law enforcement (have you been out in public lately) but, FWC got new uniforms, badges, hats and different markings on their vehicles. We got sexy little vests and some plastic holsters, oh, and new raincoats with pants, so we can work traffic on hurricane details and FHP can go ride around after they split the scene after the first 5 minutes. And if you ain't been working at least every other holiday and weekends you must not be a DOT officer, so get off this board. I can go to FHP and do 5 contacts a day, but, I do 76's anyway. It don't hurt my feeelings when I go to McDonalds or wherever and they have to yell out "does he get the police discount" and the reply is "NO THEY AI'NT THE POLICE". I politely tell them to just ring it up and don't go back there again. You probably pack a lunch since you love this job so much. We need CHANGE and even D1 told us he was mistaken for the hotel security at a conference in Orlando, even Wackenhut has 'officer; on their badges. I love what I do, and the authority we have is awsome, but we don't get any recognition for it. Look at other states DOT officers and see for yourself. Google other states and don't take my word for it. You've been in this vacuum too long. We want change but nobody is giving it to us, so if you think THEY are working as hard as YOU, get a life.[/quote:6n9ro4o4]
    I agree , as I said in the previous post. Go work crashes if you want ( no offense at all to any other agency ) , that's just not why I signed up here. I knew what I was going to do and what the vehicles and badges looked like. If you're not happy working for DOT , just apply elsewhere. I lived through the "commercial vehicle enforcement " on the rear of vehicle days and I think we came a long way with state l.e.o. on the cars now. Yeah some dept's. may get a little more money than us , and some of them run their ass off the whole shift working for it too. Far too many good perks here with this agency to leave. If you have to leave , best of luck.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast