FHP-DOT MERGER '09 - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: FHP-DOT MERGER '09

anyone got a link to the new merge bill?

i cant find anything...

You can't find it because it only exsists in the minds of a few visitors to this website.

On the FHP board I read an article from Orlando newspaper talking about the possible merge this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    On the FHP board I read an article from Orlando newspaper talking about the possible merge this year.
    Or possible the next year or the next year or the next....Just believe things when they actually happen , like a pay raise for instance (LOL) , we know it's possible but will it really happen..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by guest73
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Or possible the next year or the next year or the next....Just believe things when they actually happen , like a pay raise for instance (LOL) , we know it's possible but will it really happen..LOL
    Haha so true!

You have to wonder if the legislature is willing to cough up all the cash required to bring DOT Officers up to the salary of the Troopers. They got a 5% raise last year and if I'm not mistaken, they already were making $2000 a more starting salary before that because former Colonel Kurt Hall gave some of them an internal agency raise back in the day. Any old-timers that are against the merge are nuts. You have to take whatever money you can pry from the legislatures firm grip here at the end of your career. You won't be doing any FHP duties. If so, you would have to be trained, and since we don't have any money, where will the money come from to provide it? Same with FHP Officers doing any DOT duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Bring on the Merge
    You have to wonder if the legislature is willing to cough up all the cash required to bring DOT Officers up to the salary of the Troopers. They got a 5% raise last year and if I'm not mistaken, they already were making $2000 a more starting salary before that because former Colonel Kurt Hall gave some of them an internal agency raise back in the day. Any old-timers that are against the merge are nuts. You have to take whatever money you can pry from the legislatures firm grip here at the end of your career. You won't be doing any FHP duties. If so, you would have to be trained, and since we don't have any money, where will the money come from to provide it? Same with FHP Officers doing any DOT duties.
    I agree 100%.

I agree with the merge needing to happen. They will alieviate some monies with the dismissal of some brass to help a little with pay, my opinion. If DOT officer's don't make the same amount as a road Tpr there will be hard feelings amongst the troops (us versus them attitude), thus providing low activity. Low activity equals loosing the FDOT funding, Fair is fair. The shoe wouldn't fit if on the other foot.

Just a reminder, half us came from other agencies and worked wrecks before. I'm sure if needed they would have us work short form wrecks. I don't see us working long form S-4's due to taking us off the road to much. I don't see us going up to Tallahassee to learn how to do wrecks. It is taught at LEO academy's. I believe this instruction can be conducted in house at the respected Troops. Just my 2 cents.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast