FHP-DOT MERGER '09
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

FHP-DOT MERGER '09

so i was up in good ol' tallahassee the other day, and it looks like the merger will take place in 2009 or as soon as youre guys upper staff decides to do so. fhp is on board...and from what I gathered, I can only see great things arising from the merger ( pay will go up, federal funding across the board, etc etc, not sure how the uniforms will work out)...so all of fhp and dot dinosaurs with negative attitudes towards this movement need to stop. Let us all join together, and form a better brotherhood, because its important to stick together, and let us not forget, this is what the florida sheriffs assc. does not want us to do. stay safe. keep youre heads up, and lets make a better state leo future.

Re: FHP-DOT MERGER '09

Most of us also believe it will happen. We believe our current Col is in office to help with the transition. So far he has not stuck up for our agency which makes me believe he is only here for the transition. I'm all for the merge and better pay, not to mention hireback...

Quote Originally Posted by Red/blue
    Most of us also believe it will happen. We believe our current Col is in office to help with the transition. So far he has not stuck up for our agency which makes me believe he is only here for the transition. I'm all for the merge and better pay, not to mention hireback...
    In order for you to work hireback, you have to write tickets, work crashes and stay out after dark. Did you guys know there was more than one 3 o'clock each day?? If the merge goes through, you guys would all have to go through a background check and go through the cross-over training and the FTO programs. No off-duty till you are qualified.

ps Can yall pass the poly????

Thats not how it works. There will be cross training for both sides but no backgrounds and polys. Grow up Jr, FHP is not an elite national security force.

i work FHP and can say you must be crazy to think they will have to go through a poly and background. Also some of the guys at DOT are better qualified then some troopers I know!

im with FHP and i totally agree with the last post, most of us here that are not dinosaurs and have commen sense, look forward to combinding the two agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by pico
    so i was up in good ol' tallahassee the other day, and it looks like the merger will take place in 2009 or as soon as youre guys upper staff decides to do so. fhp is on board...and from what I gathered, I can only see great things arising from the merger ( pay will go up, federal funding across the board, etc etc, not sure how the uniforms will work out)...so all of fhp and dot dinosaurs with negative attitudes towards this movement need to stop. Let us all join together, and form a better brotherhood, because its important to stick together, and let us not forget, this is what the florida sheriffs assc. does not want us to do. stay safe. keep youre heads up, and lets make a better state leo future.
    Does that mean that FHP won't work weekends anymore???? Or, does it mean that DOT WILL start working weekends then??

DOT works weekends retard. If you are jealous apply.

Hehe :snicker:
    Good post sir! I think the poster bashing DOT is a stupid teenager trying to start sht ..again!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    im with FHP and i totally agree with the last post, most of us here that are not dinosaurs and have commen sense, look forward to combinding the two agencies.
    I agree!! Merge 09 baby!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast