Quote Originally Posted by Guest
Hint one, if you are around a group of cops, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT UNLESS YOU ARE DIRECTLY ASKED A QUESTION. I do not care what you have to add to the conversation. You have not earned your right to offer your input to our conversations! I hate that more than anything when rookies do that! I dont care that you have years on with another department, your a rookie at the new department you choose. Get off FTO then you can start to talk. Even then wach out!

Hint two, ask Law Enforcement questions.... I do not care what you did on your days off. If it doesn't pertain to police work, I DO NOT CARE!

Hint three, do not be afraid to ask quesrions that relate to police work....
I had an FTO like this, he was a veteran and granted he was old fashioned. When I got hired I was stoked to work and wanted to learn about everything... my FTO had this same attitude and let me tell you how disappointed I was everyday I left work, and laced up for another day. I contemplated not even coming to work at times. It gets to the point that you get scared to ask questions because your afraid your FTO will freak out... I understand that a certain stress level must be met and placed on the trainee, however there is a limit. Anyway, try taking a less aggressive approach, I'm sure the results of your trainee's progress will raise ten fold.