Free for all!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free for all!

Free for all!

I'm here to declare the Pinellas Park Police Department a free for all for anyone who has an agenda! It is now officially clear that the main shift of focus for the PD has gone from providing quality law enforcement to the citizens of PP to do whatever any supervisor wants to make himself look better. We have one of the charming humans on Earth forming his own coalition of ass ki$$ers with absolutely no intention of getting anything productive done, just surrounding himself with people who will tell him he's the best thing that's ever happened to the world. We have another lunatic in Special OPS who doesn't care what your assignment is or what kind of family life you have, you will do whatever retarded detail he conjures up at any time, for as long as it takes for him to get one extra tick on his stat sheet. A bicycle decoy? Are you serious? Because the rash of stolen bikes plagueing the city is obviously causing massive economic turmoil. Nice..... And now lets talk about patrol..the PD just had a meeting to address manpower issues because we are short staffed, but yet we have CPLs who serve no purpose but to run around and stick there arms. They refuse to take calls all they do is come up with new ways to threaten us with discipline, kick back reports, or question whether or not we should get days off. Better than them, we have LTs who a) never come into work, b) are constantly two-facing and schmoozing there way around the PD, or c) only care about telling us that what we are doing is not enough. Let's address the last one because it is quickly becoming my favorite. We now have a new Plan of Action to address how we can boost our numbers on midnights. I'm not going to go into specific details but check this out. Let's take a look at a Tuesday night because this is really cool. On Tues nights we have 2 CPLs, 2 Sgts, a LT and count 'em 5 officers. So we will be taking 2 officers away from shagging calls to do either a bike violator detail, or traffic enforcement. So that will leave 3 running around answering calls. and 4 superivsors to ensure that nothing goes wrong. This is awesome. and this is from the same LT who claims that if you hold over reports you are going to get a letter in your pending file. So let me ask you this LT. When exactly am I supposed to do them? At 0300? Oh no sir!! I will be either doing my assigned "make you look better" detail, or answering the miriad of piddly calls that trickle in at those hours. Or will you graciously give me from 0600-0700 on my Friday to shove in the reports that I took during the week so I can turn them all in half-assed and full of errors which will, giving you a bonus pat, keep your CPL busy kicking them back! You can't lose!

Nevermind that midnights there are 2 assigned dui units, (one of which is a midnight officer temporarily assigned to dui leaving yet another vacant position in patrol) 3 K-9 cars, and every now and then we are a bike guy floating around.

And you know what the best part about all of this is? None of the admin gives a rats a$$!!!! This is great! Apparently the manpower issue is not whether or not we can relieve some of the burden from patrol but how can we get our supervisors more people to make do ridiculous s--t?

I would ask the admin to maybe take a look at this but why? we have one who is too busy planning his City Manager campain, one who is probably as we speak writing a directive about what color underwear we need, and the other who is off in la-la land trying to find as the police chief of a golf course.

So what do we do? Get X-8 dammit there are calls holding!!!!

Re: Free for all!

"DAAAAAAAAAAANG!

Tell how you really feel...Don't hold back...

Yikes..

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Tell it like it is...This place is coasting downhill with a strong wind at their back. Let's look at cutting positions in the bike unit, cis, youth services, etc, but dang it you better keep the Cpls. We need more dead weight on our patrol manpower (oxymoron) and less in the other areas. Please keep the Cpls, add some other supervisors, and cut somemore useful positions. If this place trimmed the FAT and we worked like we did 5 years ago, this place would be a much better place. Moral is at an all time low and other agencies are pulling files. I know the next comment will be to shut up and leave if I'm so miserible, got it , no need for the constant down talking. Is it true we are losing two Detectives from cis? Are they being replaced or is the pd just going to run shorter in there? I guess the admin thought it was better to dump two detectives instead of our planning-research ofc (no hiring lately), crime prevention (is this really working?), or cutting out a Cpt or Lt position (very useful?), or the best get rid of the Cpl program and make these Ofcs work again. I really like working for pppd, but if we take on any more water, we might all get swept away with the tide. I get sick to my stomach when I see our line up looking like 1 lt, 2sgts, 2 Cpls, and 5 ofcs. This means 5 grunts to handle the calls and 5 overlords to read a couple reports, plan a group lunch, and stop at your call to second and third guess your every move. Listen to the radio when something breaks out, I'm trying to transmit important information, then 4 supervisors are jockying for airtime stating the obvious clogging the channel. Ends up being a cluster just so others can try to justify their position, with the ofcs and citizens paying the price. Admin wake up before this place implodes, swallow your pride, admit your mistakes, and right this ship quickly.

THE ONLY DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THIS PLACE AND THE TITANTIC IS................. THEY HAD A BAND.............. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Tell it like it is...This place is coasting downhill with a strong wind at their back. Let's look at cutting positions in the bike unit, cis, youth services, etc, but dang it you better keep the Cpls. We need more dead weight on our patrol manpower (oxymoron) and less in the other areas. Please keep the Cpls, add some other supervisors, and cut somemore useful positions. If this place trimmed the FAT and we worked like we did 5 years ago, this place would be a much better place. Moral is at an all time low and other agencies are pulling files. I know the next comment will be to shut up and leave if I'm so miserible, got it , no need for the constant down talking. Is it true we are losing two Detectives from cis? Are they being replaced or is the pd just going to run shorter in there? I guess the admin thought it was better to dump two detectives instead of our planning-research ofc (no hiring lately), crime prevention (is this really working?), or cutting out a Cpt or Lt position (very useful?), or the best get rid of the Cpl program and make these Ofcs work again. I really like working for pppd, but if we take on any more water, we might all get swept away with the tide. I get sick to my stomach when I see our line up looking like 1 lt, 2sgts, 2 Cpls, and 5 ofcs. This means 5 grunts to handle the calls and 5 overlords to read a couple reports, plan a group lunch, and stop at your call to second and third guess your every move. Listen to the radio when something breaks out, I'm trying to transmit important information, then 4 supervisors are jockying for airtime stating the obvious clogging the channel. Ends up being a cluster just so others can try to justify their position, with the ofcs and citizens paying the price. Admin wake up before this place implodes, swallow your pride, admit your mistakes, and right this ship quickly.
    Can you please explain how we had less fat and worked differently five years ago...

since no one is steping up to explain the obvious. five years ago we had no lts, no cpls, there was 1 sgt per shift and almost every zone had 2 ofcs to handle calls for service. things ran smooth, calls were taken, and moral was pretty good. then the pd thought it would be a great idea to act like NYPD or LAPD and promote Lts, Cpls, etc without having the funding to replace the patrol positions. this has created a shortage in patrol, with 3-5 ofcs covering all the calls each shift. now we are taking from specialized positions to cover the shortage, instead of going back to basics and dumping the lts and cpls, we are robbing from peter to pay paul. think about this, have we added additional postions over the past 5 years to the special positions we are taking from now? we are running shorter in these areas from when I started. I remember 8+ ofcs in the bike unit, 9 + in cis, etc. i hope this has explained a little bit of the excessive fat from the prior post.

Okay...we haven't had an 8 person bike unit in over 10 years, CIS has never had 9 detectives....

As for five years ago, you are right, we didn't have three LT's we had Two...

We didn't have corporals, we had SPO's and before that MPO's....

If you want to blame anyone for you being short right now, blame city hall and the taxpayers for voting for amendment one.

We lost three positions due to Amendment one, in addition, NK left and his position wasn't filled and you have about a half dozen officers on either light duty or no duty due to injuries, surgeries etc..

I beleive we are running over eleven short right now in patrol of no fault of the LT's or Cpls....

Place blame where it belongs....

Thanks our situation has nothing to do with being supervisor heavy and officer light, ok?. Now can anyone justify why we need so many supervisors now?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast