traffic tool
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: traffic tool

traffic tool

This weekend , one of your members set us back a foot as we try to gain inches in the brotherhood of law enforcement. A visiting contigent of Orangetown N.Y. officers came to Naples to golf and support our struggling economy. By all indications ,a traffic zealot pulled over a lost driver who pulled into a condo entrance the wrong way. Low and behold a routine stop turns into this zealot wanting to give a breathalizer!!! The visiting leo refused ,and rightfully so , he was 25 yards from their rented condo. deputy zealot arrested him for dui!!
    Some of us have been on the other end ,and have friends and family in the Orangetown area ,and have been stopped and treated as one of their own. Now, this may be a strange concept to us down here, but its called professional courtesy.
    Now don't get on your righteous soapbox and tell me what could have happened even if he didnt pass, he wasnt in a wreck ,and was literally at his doorstep. Thanks for the setback and embarrasment you fool. I'm sure when you get stopped ,you take for granted the courtesy you receive, why always Florida with this drama?!, everywhere else we are a bretherend.
    Next time you pull over some Imokallee gangbangers that are all hopped up, and then let them go because of the hassle or perhaps your fear, look at yourself in the mirror. SW Fl. brother in blue

Re: traffic tool

Shame on you guy's, things were getting better here, this is unlike your agency.
    Don't they teach discretion anymore,or is it reserved for the illegal immigrants and trailer park buddies? as a member of a fraternal org. with over 150 members, under the circumstances ,there isn't anyone that agree's with what you did.
    Fraternally, Ed Robinette, Sw Fl.Retied Law Officers Assn.

bad news travels fast, we are in Charlotte County and were told of your wonderful choice, did this get you some brownie points or out of mowimg the sheriffs lawn?
    leo member, gulfcoast 10-13

what was this "tools" name? was it the S.O.?

This IS unlike our agency, and most are just hearing of this. He does NOT represent us or our standards of professional courtesy.
    Hopefully this will work itself out. ops:

Whoaaa…Wait a minute FMPD Officer!

First off you have poor taste for coming to our message board and start blasting our agency because of the actions of one law enforcement officer. If you know anything about our county, there are many law enforcement jurisdictions that make DUI arrests here in Collier. As I recall, FWC arrested one of our own not too long ago in Lee County for DUI. You did not see any of us going to the LCSO message board and condemn their entire agency.

Next, it does not matter how far away this visiting “Brother” was from his final destination. Oh and by the way, you failed to mention if this visiting “Brother” was an active duty law enforcement officer or another ego ridden retired cop from the Northeast who act like we OWE them something. In either case there is a HUGE difference between “Professional Courtesy” from a Civil Infraction versus a Criminal Infraction. As a COP yourself, I would hope that your intent to stop DUI drivers is an act of prevention of destruction of others property and physical well being and not one that only occurs after the DUI has destroyed private property or someone’s life. Cop’s above any other profession should know all too well the negative outcome from driving and drinking…SHAME on this visiting law enforcement person to come to our county and place not only a fellow law enforcement officers at risk but also the citizens that we risk our lives to protect. (And by the way, ships have “Wrecks” all other forms of transportation of vehicles have “Crashes”.)

I can not over emphasize this next statement; Driving is a privilege and NOT a right. That means you have agreed to take a sobriety test if you are asked. Since your “Brother” was offered a breath-test, that tells me he must have FAILED the sobriety test in the field. Sorry, he placed himself in that position, not the law enforcement officer who conducted the traffic stop. Further more, how many times do we do field sobriety testing and the driver passes and is let go… so your “Brother” is the one who took it to the next level… not us!

I do not know how you guys operate in Ft Myers but let me tell you in Collier County we do not tolerate criminal behavior; after all, look at the crime rate in Lee County versus our crime rate. If you were a TRUE BROTHER, you would have warned your “Brother” that we do not play down here no matter if you are a Rock Legend or COP; we treat everyone equally when it comes to criminal acts.

The only fool and embarrassment about this story is the fact that ANOTHER COP, former or active, thinks that they are above the law and freely chose to break the law. It is attitudes like yours that has set law enforcement back 100 years with public perception. No wonder citizens rag on us every chance they get. They are tired of the selfish attitude of “Do as we say, not as we do”. GEEEE, is that not the same argument that some cops have about their Chain-Of-Command when complaining about “Unfair”, “Inconsistent” punishment or “Discipline”. Now you know how the public at large feels.

It is not “Why always Florida” with this drama, rather “Why always a COP from up north” who thinks that they are above the laws and rules. If you do not like the fact that the majority of “Southern” law enforcement play by the rules, accept responsibility for our actions and lead by example, then may I suggest that you move back to where you came from… Oh yea, you left because you wanted a “Better way of life”, so do not complain about the things we do here; it is what drew you here in the first place.

As for pulling over an Immokalee Gang Banger, why don’t you ask them how they are treated after we have chased them into your jurisdiction, as you set back and watch because your agency consistently refuses to help a “Brother” law enforcement officer out? If there was ever an opportunity to support a “Brethren” in blue or offer “Professional Courtesy” it would be when we come in your jurisdiction asking for help setting up a perimeter in an area we are unfamiliar with. But do not worry “Brother”, the next time you come to Collier County you can rest assured that every “Brother” in blue and every asset we own will be side by side with you trying to catch the person who committed a criminal infraction within your jurisdiction; just as we have done one hundred times before.

As for the officer who affected an arrest on your “Brother” in blue all I can say is that I do not know who that person is. Although I may not have handled it the way that officer did, I can say that I will not forsake him just for doing his job and enforcing the law… That my friend is “Professional Courtesy”!

Parker and tango -you are 2 frustrated hall monitors. Your rodent take on courtesy is nauseating. it was wrong for fwc to do it to 1 of yours without extenuating circumstances ,and its wrong to do to ANY other LEO!!!
    It has nothing to do with geography you redneck ,and by the way fmpd has nothing to do with our agency.
    Get a reality grip on something besides your radar and treat cops like you want to be treated !! lets see how you feel when someone pulls over your spouse on the way home from the next tupperware sale ,and see if you sing the same tune. You 2 must be traffic tools. A cop is a cop billybob!!!!!

Hey Parker ,-I'm from Florida and have seen us screw each other in my 15 years in law enforcement,so drop your fake southern bible boy nonsense. If there was no"crash" or destruction of property, then he was a "tool" for doing that. Weasels like you would stroke your own mothers.
    Don't know about you, but all cops are my brothers! Now put down the cheese wedge, wax your lil' whiskers and go get your shine box

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast