Retired Cpl. Jimmy Bryant

Retired Cpl. Jimmy Bryant

anyone hear if retired Cpl. Jimmy Bryant passed away....

Re: Retired Cpl. Jimmy Bryant

Haven't heard that. I saw him about 6 months ago and he looked great...

Why would you post this?

was told at the USF game today by other officers.

CPL. BRYANT DID PASS AWAY AFTER A LONG BATTLE WITH CANCER. HE WAS A GREAT MAN. MY HEART IS WITH HIS SON. FOR THOSE THAT DIDNT KNOW, JIM RAN AND OWNED DENNINGS LOUNGE ON FLORIDA AVE. JUST NORTH OF FLETCHER. I AM SURE THERE WILL BE ACTIVITIES GOING ON THERE TO REMEMBER HIM. RIP.

Hey GUY,

anything you wanna say now.....why dont you sit back and watch and listen and wait to see if the information is credible before you post your 2 cents...." There are more people who know alot more then your I just saw him 6 months ago statement...obviously you didnt know him well enough to know he had cancer....that is why I posted this.

"
    by Guy on 11/15/08 19:17:43

"Haven't heard that. I saw him about 6 months ago and he looked great...Why would you post this?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Re: Retired Cpl. Jimmy Bryan

Jimmy Bryan's obit is in the Tampa Tribune. A memorial service will be held at 5:00pm tomorrow (Tuesday) at Blount & Curry Funeral Home, Carrolwood located on Bearss just east of Dale Mabry. Jimmy was a good officer and a good friend to have. He will be missed by those of us who knew him. Rest in Peace brother.
    We also lost another good man on 11/08, Retired Lt. Al Ford. Many may not know Al, he has been retired a long time but he was the pioneer who did live traffic reports for Tampa Bay as the TPD pilot in "Tillie" way back when. He was 80 years young and will be remembered.

Here's a sorta funny Jimmy Bryant story for ya.

Jimmy used to own a Bayliner bass boat that looked like the Batmobile with it's twin, curved winshields. One Sunday afternoon we all took our boats to an island out in Tampa Bay. After a period of alcohol consumption, we all decided to head back to town. Unfortunately, Ol Jimmy forgot to remove his anchor which was firmly planted on the beach. He cranks up the Bat Boat and tries to back up. Feeling some resistance, he gives it more throttle. Can you guess what happened next? Yep, the anchor not only breaks free and heads towards Jimmy, but the line wraps around his neck. God only knows how he stopped the line from taking his head off. This was as serious as could be. But it was one of the funniest things I ever saw. Jimmy stopped the line somehow, but his voice was wasn't the same for a few days :lol: .

Gonna miss ya bro.